BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-02-2024, 08:40 AM   #1
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Remote start software update clears settings

My wife said she had a pop up message stating that the vehicle needed a software update to continue using remote start. She accepted the update and now all memory seat & mirror functions have been erased. The vehicle still recognizes the profiles assigned to each key but says there are no settings assigned to either profile.

I searched/google searched and found very few similar issues, but no solutions. Anyone else have this update recently (late last week)? It also reset some of, but not all of the changes I made (audio profiles, ambient light color) using bimmercode.

His: '23 M2, Toronto Red Metallic, M highlight interior, carbon fiber interior trim, shadowline, lighting pkg, auto cruise, live cockpit pro.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2024, 04:38 PM   #2
csc012980
Rep
Drives: X3 M40iX3

Yeah, I had some random profile things that dropped off. Been finding them one by one as I notice things aren’t what I set.

M1 and M2 settings were changed. I also had to recheck allow start engine for climate.

It does seems to make the lane keep less twitchy when using full adaptive cruise with lane keeping. Only real noticeable change so far.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2024, 06:11 PM   #3
TacosRule!
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M

Yep, its stated when you do the upgrade. It wipes tons of features like camera recording, comfort access, remote start, etc. All custom coding is gone.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2024, 07:23 PM   #4
JABCAT
Professor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacosRule! View Post
Yep, its stated when you do the upgrade. It wipes tons of features like camera recording, comfort access, remote start, etc. All custom coding is gone.
I'm a little confused by your reply. Doing a software update wipes all the current profile settings? That doesn't make sense. I understand it can clear some of the bimmercode settings, I don't care about those. But I shouldn't have to reset memory seat and mirror settings and re-connect them to each fob every time there is a software update.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2024, 08:00 PM   #5
TacosRule!
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
I'm a little confused by your reply. Doing a software update wipes all the current profile settings? That doesn't make sense. I understand it can clear some of the bimmercode settings, I don't care about those. But I shouldn't have to reset memory seat and mirror settings and re-connect them to each fob every time there is a software update.

Like I mentioned, tons but not all. In my experience, my radio presets are gone, remote start, comfort access (open/close), drive recorder, auto window (the app), uneven road all got reset to defaults (disabled), M drive modes...There are more but I cant remember them.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2024, 08:53 PM   #6
JABCAT
Professor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacosRule! View Post
Like I mentioned, tons but not all. In my experience, my radio presets are gone, remote start, comfort access (open/close), drive recorder, auto window (the app), uneven road all got reset to defaults (disabled), M drive modes...There are more but I cant remember them.
If that's the case, that's very poor programming on the software engineer's part. There's no reason an update to the remote start should affect anything else. All this nonsense built into cars these days. One of the many reasons I love my '11 Z06, no software updates.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2024, 09:11 AM   #7
TacosRule!
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
If that's the case, that's very poor programming on the software engineer's part. There's no reason an update to the remote start should affect anything else. All this nonsense built into cars these days. One of the many reasons I love my '11 Z06, no software updates.

LOL this one will bake your noodle. Because the upgrade couldnt see the OE amp and RAM, my audio system broke. So now I have to bypass the amps, connect the OE amp and RAM, re-push the upgrade, then reconnect everything back.

And hope this fixes it.

Appreciate 0