BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-14-2020, 06:06 PM   #1
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Screw in Conti - Anyone in NY selling an OEM front tire?

I pulled my car out of the garage to wash and saw this in the front passenger tire

Not sure where or when I picked it up, but it looks like it falls outside of the repair zone...like by 1/2" I don't know how deep the screw is though.

Prior to spending for a new one, I figured I would check here to see if anyone in NY who has upgraded to PS4s has a front Conti tire for sale. Hit me up here or PM.

Eventually I'll upgrade to the PS4s but want to get my money out of these first.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 10:11 PM   #2
DC X3M40i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

I found similar on my car this weekend. It was more in that yours I think I fall within repair zone. However it was in the thickest part of the tread. I did something dumb and pulled it out with pliers. No air loss and I think a piece might have broken off into the rubber.

I set one of my preset buttons to the tpms. I check every so often but no issues yet.

Check the classified sections in the x3 forums I’m sure there has to be some floating around.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 08:13 AM   #3
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC F97 View Post
I found similar on my car this weekend. It was more in that yours I think I fall within repair zone. However it was in the thickest part of the tread. I did something dumb and pulled it out with pliers. No air loss and I think a piece might have broken off into the rubber.

I set one of my preset buttons to the tpms. I check every so often but no issues yet.

Check the classified sections in the x3 forums I’m sure there has to be some floating around.

You don't know how hard it was for me not to pull it out! But I figured it was sealed and I knew I was supposed to keep it in.

The thing is, it could be superficial. I'm tempted to take off the tire and bring it to a place to have them let me know and if it cannot be fixed then get the tire.

I don't really want to drive it just in case and I don't like shops taking off my wheels and risking damage.
Appreciate 0