BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-23-2023, 09:52 PM   #1
pmflint
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW X3

Garage List
2008 x3  [0.00]
2008 X3 For Sale

2008 x3. 134,000 miles. Bought with intention of fixing up for my 16 yr old. I have installed new vanos, new MAF sensor and had mechanic install new radiator neck. The transfer case actuator was replaced before I bought it.
I took it to local foreign car repair shop and asked them to look it over to see what needed to be done. He recommend changing transfer case fluid which i had him do. After I got it back, it developed a hop/jerk while driving. Not sure what or why it started after fluid change but have read where computer needs to be reset after fluid change. I have no idea whether that’s correct or not. The ABS, BRAKE and CEL are on. I’ve moved on and bought my daughter another vehicle.
The issues that I am aware of are: the abs, cel and brake light are on; the motor surges some while idling; the hop/jerk as described above, there is a rust hole on the drivers side lower floor pan that I think has developed from a stopped up moon roof drain; the hood has been damaged and repaired; the hood paint is faded pretty bad.
The interior is in good shape and other than the hood, the exterior is in good shape. I don’t have the BMW knowledge to fix any of the mentioned problems. The tires are in good shape-the battery will need charging.
There is a new wheel sensor that was in the hatch when I bought it. This vehicle would be a good project for an enthusiast or someone with more mechanical ability than me.
$2000/obro and located in Virginia. Text 540-462-7253
Attached Images

Appreciate 0