BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-20-2023, 02:50 PM   #1
Jersey19
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

2008 X3 Really Hesitates When Quickly Accelerating from Cold Start

I hope you can help me. I have a 2008 BMW X3 with 177K miles. I am having problems where the car really hesitates when quickly accelerating from cold start. The battery light goes on for a moment (seems like because no power) and the 4X4 light and Brake light go on and then eventually it jerks forward. Once the car is warmed up it works fine. It does it every time from a cold start. I have had the transfer case replaced, drive shaft flex joint, crank position sensor and rear wheel speed sensor replaced. In addition, BMW replaced the DXC pulse generator in rear and CV Axle assembly and left rear axle and said it would do the trick. As soon as I drove out of the dealer it did it right away. BMW took the car back for 1 week and could see the problem each day on cold start but it isn't recording anything in the codes. I am not technical at all, but this is frustrating as I want to get it fixed as car runs great otherwise and this is only from cold start. Once warmed up it works fine. Thank you in advance
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2023, 11:40 PM   #2
GT4560
Rep
Drives: X3 1st Gen (456)

Your having the dealership look at the car's problem...report.back to us what they say the problem was.

Last edited by GT4560; 11-10-2023 at 09:57 PM..
Appreciate 0