BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-22-2020, 02:08 PM   #1
RedJon
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 MSport Pro

ACC driving off issue

So, first I RTFM but I can’t understand.... it says

So sometimes the car will drive off and sometimes it won’t. Even in the same line of traffic, the other day it sat there stationary for about 20 seconds but a few seconds later it won’t pull off automatically at all. I can’t work it out?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 02:30 PM   #2
Bernie2x
Private
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 (2018) 2.0d

It depends of the type of road you are on according to the Nav. If you are on a highway it will pull off for minutes after a stop, if you are in the city it’s 5sec.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 02:39 PM   #3
RedJon
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2x View Post
It depends of the type of road you are on according to the Nav. If you are on a highway it will pull off for minutes after a stop, if you are in the city it’s 5sec.
But on the same road, only seconds apart, one time it stops for less than 5 seconds and won’t pull off, then stops for longer than 5 seconds and does pull off, driving me nuts
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 06:34 AM   #4
AdrianG01
Rep
Drives: X3 G01

I can confirm this also with my car. It's very annoying and unpredictable. I am also curious about the conditions involved.
Appreciate 1
RedJon115.50
      01-23-2020, 06:12 PM   #5
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJon View Post
So, first I RTFM but I can’t understand.... it says

So sometimes the car will drive off and sometimes it won’t. Even in the same line of traffic, the other day it sat there stationary for about 20 seconds but a few seconds later it won’t pull off automatically at all. I can’t work it out?
Watch the indicator on your IP. It depends on which IP you have but the colored "lozenge" on the speedo that indicates the ACC is active will be green when the car is ready to pull off automatically and red when it's not.

When red, you can just hit the "res/cancel" button on the wheel. The lozenge will turn green and the car will then pull away when the car in front begins to move. This will also timeout (turning the lozenge red again) but ACC will remain active for longer. If you also have HUD, pressing res/cancel also redisplays the set speed.

IMO, I think this works great. You can use visual indications to understand the state of ACC 100% of the time. BMW really thought this through.
Produced: 2018-08-15; Delivered 2018-08-22
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 02:20 AM   #6
RedJon
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
Watch the indicator on your IP. It depends on which IP you have but the colored "lozenge" on the speedo that indicates the ACC is active will be green when the car is ready to pull off automatically and red when it's not.
My issue is that the graphic is green, but when the car in front pulls away the graphic of the car flashes and I have to hit accel to move.
Appreciate 0