BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-07-2020, 10:25 AM   #67
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i (MY20 TU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike72uk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinDuff68 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewfromthehou View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by suby01 View Post
I am at the dealer. Explained to them. I have no remote 3D view. And I would an update, could be called the NOV 2019 update. After checking my VIN I am being told there is no possible update for my car.
So if that's the case then there must be an issue with the original flash of the software on your car and you need to have them completely reflash the software on your car. Especially if when you go to privacy settings then individual settings and do not see remote view in the settings app seen below.
How can you get into that menu?
Go to CAR/SETTINGS and the scroll down until you come to an option tilted Data Privacy or something similar to that....there are 4 or 5 options listed, one of which is something like "Individual" select that and you are presented with this long list of options to enable, one of which is "Remote 3D"
Checked the car today and definitely don't have the customised car graphic on startup, just an SE version of the X3.

Also since the update, I have noticed 2 things:

1. My car doesn't recognise the connected account synced to the key and thus have to use my pin to get my profile to load and settings applied to the car before I drive off. Any ideas how to fix this?
2. The indicator noise is much more pronounced than it was in the past.

Other than that, remote 3D parking view is a blast in the App and the 3D view in the car works a charm Mike.

Cheers for the tip - should have read the instruction manual a bit more clearly.... lol!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 11:57 AM   #68
drewfromthehou
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochview View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I am at the dealer. Explained to them. I have no remote 3D view. And I would an update, could be called the NOV 2019 update. After checking my VIN I am being told there is no possible update for my car.
So if that's the case then there must be an issue with the original flash of the software on your car and you need to have them completely reflash the software on your car. Especially if when you go to privacy settings then individual settings and do not see remote view in the settings app seen below.
Go to CAR/SETTINGS and the scroll down until you come to an option tilted Data Privacy or something similar to that....there are 4 or 5 options listed, one of which is something like "Individual" select that and you are presented with this long list of options to enable, one of which is "Remote 3D"
Checked the car today and definitely don't have the customised car graphic on startup, just an SE version of the X3.

1. My car doesn't recognise the connected account synced to the key and thus have to use my pin to get my profile to load and settings applied to the car before I drive off. Any ideas how to fix this?

Other than that, remote 3D parking view is a blast in the App and the 3D view in the car works a charm Mike.

Cheers for the tip - should have read the instruction manual a bit more clearly.... lol!
Had the same issue with the key after mine was fixed. I can't remember the exact wording of the setting but can look later, but basically you turn off key linkage and back on again in the profile settings and that fixed it for me.
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2020, 12:07 PM   #69
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (G01) M40i (MY20)

Remote 3D View with ID7

I had the same with the ConnectedDrive account and I think I completely logged out, removed the sync to key and pin options and the re-added them and it seems to be fine now. I also noticed the significantly louder indicator "click" noise.

I'm 100% certain my "car image" was a replica of the M40i prior to the update as I noticed it immediately as soon as I went into the CAR/SETTINGS function after the update.

A couple of folks on here have said that their vehicle images do match their car, and one is post update, so it's back to the dealer tomorrow for them to try and fix. I think one chap even commented that post an update to his 2018 X3 the vehicle image became a 5 series estate and it took them about 30 minutes to fix so here's hoping.

Checked against an X5 M50d in the showroom (iDrive 7) and and X3M Comp (iDrive 6) and both has replica images of the specific vehicle variant, with the X3M even showing the quad exhausts (and the X5 the trapezoid ones like our M40i's)

You say yours is the same image post update as it was before the update Loch?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 12:07 PM   #70
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Had the same issue with the key after mine was fixed. I can't remember the exact wording of the setting but can look later, but basically you turn off key linkage and back on again in the profile settings and that fixed it for me.
Cheers, will try that and see if it works!

Update:
The reset of linkage worked and now the key is recognised and my profile loads. Thanks for the heads up!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 07:01 PM   #71
sinbad4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Garage List
Just got firmware updated. Remote 3D now works!
      01-08-2020, 04:35 AM   #72
rajp
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M40i - Blk SAPPHIRE

Quote:
I had the same with the ConnectedDrive account and I think I completely logged out, removed the sync to key and pin options and the re-added them and it seems to be fine now. I also noticed the significantly louder indicator "click" noise.

I'm 100% certain my "car image" was a replica of the M40i prior to the update as I noticed it immediately as soon as I went into the CAR/SETTINGS function after the update.

A couple of folks on here have said that their vehicle images do match their car, and one is post update, so it's back to the dealer tomorrow for them to try and fix. I think one chap even commented that post an update to his 2018 X3 the vehicle image became a 5 series estate and it took them about 30 minutes to fix so here's hoping.

Checked against an X5 M50d in the showroom (iDrive 7) and and X3M Comp (iDrive 6) and both has replica images of the specific vehicle variant, with the X3M even showing the quad exhausts (and the X5 the trapezoid ones like our M40i's)

How did you get the dealer to book you in for the update?? I tried calling mine and they had no clue... they kept passing me back and forth between service and parts...
      01-08-2020, 04:48 AM   #73
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajp View Post
How did you get the dealer to book you in for the update?? I tried calling mine and they had no clue... they kept passing me back and forth between service and parts...
I just told them that Remote 3D view in the ConnectedDrive app was not working and that according to ConnectedDrive support there is a November 2019 update to IDrive that fixes it (which it does)
Appreciate 1
rajp18.00
      01-08-2020, 04:52 AM   #74
flodaq
France
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01

Quote:
On my side I insisted saying that remote 3D was not available. The Genius noticed the default by himself, then submitted a ticket to BMW on a dedicated platform they have for that kind of issue. BMW replied to the Genius within the day that an update was available for my car. That's how they learnt about the update for 2020 X3/X4. Before me, they weren't aware of it.

I deposited my car on Monday for the update. It took a few hours and now Remote 3D is fully functional (but I still don't have remote updates available).
Appreciate 1
rajp18.00
      01-08-2020, 05:23 AM   #75
rajp
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M40i - Blk SAPPHIRE

OK thanks.. just called and told them exactly that and now the car is booked in for the update on Monday. Hope it doesn't take too long.. is it a couple of hours or a whole day affair?
      01-08-2020, 05:28 AM   #76
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Yep, mine was an SE pre update and post update, so didn't notice anything different.

If it can be altered to be the same as the actual car, then I will arrange for it to be taken back in and adjusted if someone can confirm it can be done.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 07:28 AM   #77
DTRJ
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X4 M40I

Had my update done yesterday as well. The tech had various issues. One issue was everything was in German after the update. I also lost all the programming on my magic buttons. It took all day to finally get it working properly. So far it looks good, but have to setup most of the preferences again.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 12:47 PM   #78
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTRJ View Post
Had my update done yesterday as well. The tech had various issues. One issue was everything was in German after the update. I also lost all the programming on my magic buttons. It took all day to finally get it working properly. So far it looks good, but have to setup most of the preferences again.
Wow! Sounds like a nightmare. Do you have an M40i? If so, does the image of the car in CAR/SETTINGS and also the one that appears in the digital display/live cockpit math your actual car?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 12:50 PM   #79
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yep, mine was an SE pre update and post update, so didn't notice anything different.

If it can be altered to be the same as the actual car, then I will arrange for it to be taken back in and adjusted if someone can confirm it can be done.
So mine was back today to try and get the vehicle image back to the pre update one that matched the car variant, namely M40i but they couldn't work it out so have raised a case with BMW UK. Others with G01/G02 do have images that match their vehicle variant and also I've checked against X5 and new 3 series (both with iDrive 7) and X3M (iDrive 6) and they all have correct images that reflect the vehicle variant/model.

Frustrating!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 04:37 PM   #80
sinbad4
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
OK thanks.. just called and told them exactly that and now the car is booked in for the update on Monday. Hope it doesn't take too long.. is it a couple of hours or a whole day affair?
Mine took all day. Poor mechanics now require mad hacking skillz.
      01-08-2020, 04:52 PM   #81
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad4 View Post
Mine took all day. Poor mechanics now require mad hacking skillz.
That's the issue. How do they fix it using a spanner? Their world has changed.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 05:21 PM   #82
DTRJ
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X4 M40I

Quote:
Wow! Sounds like a nightmare. Do you have an M40i? If so, does the image of the car in CAR/SETTINGS and also the one that appears in the digital display/live cockpit math your actual car?
I have a 2020 X4M40. The display in the dash is red just like my car. The picture of my car in the app is silver.
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2020, 02:04 AM   #83
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I have a 2020 X4M40. The display in the dash is red just like my car. The picture of my car in the app is silver.
Any chance of a picture of the image of the car in the dash/iDrive?

When you say the car in the app is silver, is that the car in the Remote 3D view? If so, I think that is the case with everybody. The car in the main app for me is an image of my car in grey (X3 M40i) but once I open Remote 3D that has a silver car (not and M40i either)

My issue is the image of the vehicle in the iDrive and Live Cockpit changing for one of my car before the iDrive update to an SE image after the update !
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 05:59 AM   #84
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Any chance of a picture of the image of the car in the dash/iDrive?

When you say the car in the app is silver, is that the car in the Remote 3D view? If so, I think that is the case with everybody. The car in the main app for me is an image of my car in grey (X3 M40i) but once I open Remote 3D that has a silver car (not and M40i either)

My issue is the image of the vehicle in the iDrive and Live Cockpit changing for one of my car before the iDrive update to an SE image after the update !
Hi Mike,

Yes in iD7 cockpit it's just an SE and was that pre the latest update and post too, so didn't notice anything different, but now you have mentioned it, I'm slightly annoyed).

In main page of connected app, it's my car (M40i with correct wheels, paint colour, exterior options and interior leather colour).

In the Remote 3D view, it's just a basic SE silver X3.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 07:28 AM   #85
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi Mike,

Yes in iD7 cockpit it's just an SE and was that pre the latest update and post too, so didn't notice anything different, but now you have mentioned it, I'm slightly annoyed).

In main page of connected app, it's my car (M40i with correct wheels, paint colour, exterior options and interior leather colour).

In the Remote 3D view, it's just a basic SE silver X3.

I know, very annoying at the inconsistency, especially when in other iDrive 7 vehicle (new X5 M50d and 320d M-Sport) the vehicle image in iDrive and LiveCockpit matches (variant and colour) the actual car.

My dealer have now (they tell me) raised a case with BMW about this, so hopefully if more folks raise this with their dealers, more pressure will be on BMW UK (and/or BMW AG) to resolve for us G01 owners.

On another note, on the media screen (full screen) when the radio is selected, there is an option down the right hand side to enlarge the image for that station to full screen..... at least there was in the 320d M-Sport car that I was collected and dropped off in, as well as my neighbours MY20 X3 2.0d M-Sport (post update) however in my car that option is not there and rather there is an option to "Identify Track" which then opens a screen with three options - BMW Connected Music, Deezer & Napster, although selecting any of those does nothing !
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 02:14 PM   #86
freshxdough
BMW Elite Master Tech | HV Gen 5 | HV Specialist
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX 50 | 2020 X3 M40i

There is a new service bulletin that resolves the Remote 3D View not working. Came out January. It states that a programming update from Software 11/2019 is required.

There are also other requirements which must be met as well.

-Valid BMW connected drive account
- updated BMW connected drive app
- privacy settings in idrive to allow Remote 3D View
-make sure remote 3D View option is vehicle is selected
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2020, 04:30 PM   #87
suby01
Cowboy Astronaut Millionaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshxdough View Post
There is a new service bulletin that resolves the Remote 3D View not working. Came out January. It states that a programming update from Software 11/2019 is required.

I would love to get my hand on this TSB, and email it directly to the service manger when I was there to get this done.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 04:35 PM   #88
freshxdough
BMW Elite Master Tech | HV Gen 5 | HV Specialist
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX 50 | 2020 X3 M40i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshxdough View Post

I would love to get my hand on this TSB, and email it directly to the service manger when I was there to get this done.
It didn't come out until 1/13 so that would explain why.
Appreciate 0