BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-24-2020, 01:29 PM   #1
sys1820
Rep
Drives: bmw x3

Post Emergency Braking for no reason!!!

Good morning.
Dear bmw drivers. nice to meet you.
I'm Mr. Seo from Korea.
I'm going to tell a very important story from now on.
Have you ever experienced an emergency braking without any obstacles ahead like the title?
My car suddenly put on emergency braking with no obstacles in front of it while driving. The seat belt was pulled down and the speed decreased rapidly.The sudden braking put pressure on my heart and I went to the hospital. I felt that there was a problem with the car. I told the service center the situation at the time and asked for repair and treatment. However, the answer from BMW Korea said there was no problem with the car because no emergency braking related messages were recorded. To introduce myself here for a moment, I am an aviation mechanic. It is my job to find and repair flaws in my job characteristics, but I couldn't judge that the situation I went through was normal. BMW Korea lied to me. Over time, I studied malfunction and confirmed that emergency braking was not just a malfunction. This is because they found a short of wires in the KAFAS CAMERA CONTROL UNIT device. And now, bmw Korea lies that it is normal. because it is not caught in the malfunction message even though it has checked the short. In Korea, consumers have to find defects in the event of a vehicle problem. Because the manufacturer does not acknowledge the defect and answers that it is mostly normal.So I reported the above to Korean news media.

If anyone has experienced the same thing as me, please report to my e-mail.

[email] : sys1907@naver.com
The link below is my story.
Thank you.

Last edited by sys1820; 05-24-2020 at 08:21 PM..
Appreciate 1
bmwdd22.50
      05-24-2020, 02:59 PM   #2
TheusBimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sys1820 View Post
Good morning.
I'm Mr. Seo from Korea.
Have you ever experienced an emergency braking without any obstacles ahead like the title?
I had an emergency braking while driving on a highway in Korea, and the seatbelt was pulled and the brake was applied, causing a safety accident.
Fortunately, there was no vehicle following.
Hurry to go to the hospital for diagnosis and visit the bmw a / s center
At the time, I had an accident while submitting evidence, and there was a problem with the parts.
I was asked to replace it and asked to pay for treatment.
However, on the bmw side, a malfunction occurred when watching the video, but with a vehicle diagnostic
The result of the inspection is normal because there are no messages related to the accident.
So you can't do anything. He asked me to sue if he wanted, and he sent me home.
I was so unhappy that I found a place to seek help in many ways, but mostly
agree well with bmw. They told me that I couldn't win against big companies. I was thinking of not having a special solution, and when it malfunctioned, I decided that it was impossible to agree.
My job is an airline mechanic, and I usually find and fix defects. If the sensor is sensitive, you can skip it once or twice,
Repeated malfunctions determined that the defect was correct
Eventually you will find the bmw maintenance manual.
As a result of studying afterwards, it was found that there was no message related to the accident mentioned by bmw Korea, but the message "kafas camera window heating plus line disconnection or short circuit" had a major relationship with the above accident.
A Korean government agency, a responsible researcher from the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, came along and checked the vehicle together, and found a "short circuit".
There was a burnmark on the pin of the connector.
Since I found a defect afterwards, I believed it would be solved smoothly.
They found Burnmark, but there was no message regarding the vehicle diagnostics.
It is normal. To me by e-mail.
I'm angry and I'm currently a Korean media company
I made a report on sbs, and there are various malfunctions such as my car x3 as well as 520D and 420D with this device.
In my judgment and expert opinion, the above situation is not a malfunction, but a flaw.
It may be difficult to translate because it is a Korean version, but see the related link
Drivers who have experienced problems in the United States or the United Kingdom or all around world are encouraged to contact us.
If you have any questions and solutions, please contact sys1907@naver.com.
The link below is your story.
Thank you.
Wait, the car insurance company didn't do any investigation and also not willing to cover the costs? I'm confused. I don't know how things work in S. Korea.

Other forum members have experienced this emergency braking out of nowhere though no one got into an accident. They might be able to chip in further.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 04:01 PM   #3
titomi
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheusBimmer View Post
Quote:
Good morning.
I'm Mr. Seo from Korea.
I had an emergency braking while driving on a highway in Korea, and the seatbelt was pulled and the brake was applied, causing a safety accident.
Fortunately, there was no vehicle following.
Hurry to go to the hospital for diagnosis and visit the bmw a / s center
At the time, I had an accident while submitting evidence, and there was a problem with the parts.
I was asked to replace it and asked to pay for treatment.
However, on the bmw side, a malfunction occurred when watching the video, but with a vehicle diagnostic
The result of the inspection is normal because there are no messages related to the accident.
So you can't do anything. He asked me to sue if he wanted, and he sent me home.
I was so unhappy that I found a place to seek help in many ways, but mostly
agree well with bmw. They told me that I couldn't win against big companies. I was thinking of not having a special solution, and when it malfunctioned, I decided that it was impossible to agree.
My job is an airline mechanic, and I usually find and fix defects. If the sensor is sensitive, you can skip it once or twice,
Repeated malfunctions determined that the defect was correct
Eventually you will find the bmw maintenance manual.
As a result of studying afterwards, it was found that there was no message related to the accident mentioned by bmw Korea, but the message "kafas camera window heating plus line disconnection or short circuit" had a major relationship with the above accident.
A Korean government agency, a responsible researcher from the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, came along and checked the vehicle together, and found a "short circuit".
There was a burnmark on the pin of the connector.
Since I found a defect afterwards, I believed it would be solved smoothly.
They found Burnmark, but there was no message regarding the vehicle diagnostics.
It is normal. To me by e-mail.
I'm angry and I'm currently a Korean media company
I made a report on sbs, and there are various malfunctions such as my car x3 as well as 520D and 420D with this device.
In my judgment and expert opinion, the above situation is not a malfunction, but a flaw.
It may be difficult to translate because it is a Korean version, but see the related link
Drivers who have experienced problems in the United States or the United Kingdom or all around world are encouraged to contact us.
If you have any questions and solutions, please contact sys1907@naver.com.
The link below is your story.
Thank you.
Wait, the car insurance company didn't do any investigation and also not willing to cover the costs? I'm confused. I don't know how things work in S. Korea.

Other forum members have experienced this emergency braking out of nowhere though no one got into an accident. They might be able to chip in further.
I doesn't sound to me like there was an actual accident. When using translator, it can suggest that word along others. Fault, failure, malfunction, breakdown etc. Probably just a translation "bug".
      05-24-2020, 07:24 PM   #4
sys1820
Rep

Quote:

To put it simply, I experienced a single accident, but the insurance company said it could not compensate. The reason is not because of an accident between cars, but because of a faulty car. South Korea has confirmed that emergency braking is not just a malfunction. This is because they found a short of wires in the KAFAS CAMERA CONTROL UNIT device. And now, bmw Korea lies that it is normal because it is not caught in the malfunction message even though it has checked the short. In Korea, consumers have to look for defects in the event of a vehicle problem. Because the manufacturer does not acknowledge the defect and answers that it is mostly normal.So I reported the above to Korean news media.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 08:04 PM   #5
sys1820
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by titomi View Post
I doesn't sound to me like there was an actual accident. When using translator, it can suggest that word along others. Fault, failure, malfunction, breakdown etc. Probably just a translation "bug".
I'll tell you again. The car suddenly put on emergency braking with no obstacles in front of it while driving. The seat belt was pulled down and the speed decreased rapidly. I felt that there was a problem with the car. I told the service center the situation at the time and asked for repair and treatment. However, the answer from BMW Korea said there was no problem with the car because no emergency braking related messages were recorded. To introduce myself here for a moment, I am an aviation mechanic. It is my job to find and repair flaws in my job characteristics, but I couldn't judge that the situation I went through was normal. BMW Korea lied to me. Over time, I studied malfunction and confirmed that emergency braking was not just a malfunction. This is because they found a short of wires in the KAFAS CAMERA CONTROL UNIT device. And now, bmw Korea lies that it is normal because it is not caught in the malfunction message even though it has checked the short. In Korea, consumers have to find defects in the event of a vehicle problem. Because the manufacturer does not acknowledge the defect and answers that it is mostly normal.So I reported the above to Korean news media.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 03:01 AM   #6
titomi
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
So you didn't get into any accident with any other car, object or person, right? That's a good news. As already said, that happened to a few people. But it happens once a never reoccured. Didn't heard of a burned circuit with regards to this problem.
      05-25-2020, 06:04 AM   #7
bmwdd
Private
Rep
Drives: F30

just curious, how did you identify the fault was the shorts of wires in KAFAS?
Appreciate 1
deladude264.50
      05-25-2020, 08:37 AM   #8
sys1820
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by titomi View Post
So you didn't get into any accident with any other car, object or person, right? That's a good news. As already said, that happened to a few people. But it happens once a never reoccured. Didn't heard of a burned circuit with regards to this problem.
There is no law that the same situation should never happen again. After checking the vehicles that experienced emergency braking, it was confirmed several times that the connectors of the KAFAS CAMERA CONTROL UNIT were burnt. Short is over-current, so the berm will be visible over time.Also, if this situation continues, it will experience malfunction again.
Link:
https://m.cafe.naver.com/ca-fe/web/c...?fromList=true

This picture is short circuit of kafas camera control unit.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 08:47 AM   #9
sys1820
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdd View Post
I have a BMW maintenance manual.
So I studied the maintenance manual, and as a result I found a short. The important thing is that the customer has found a problem that BMW Korea has to find. They still don't know what the defect is. So it's very frustrating. I just hope that an apology and compensation will be made as soon as possible.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 08:57 AM   #10
corn18
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Garage List
2014 Jeep Wrangler 2D  [0.00]
2015 Chevy 2500HD  [0.00]
2015 Z4  [0.00]
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
So I studied the maintenance manual, and as a result I found a short. The important thing is that the customer has found a problem that BMW Korea has to find. They still don't know what the defect is. So it's very frustrating. I just hope that an apology and compensation will be made as soon as possible.
What sort of compensation are you looking for?
      05-25-2020, 10:20 AM   #11
383vett
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i, 2012 X3 Xdrive35

That happened once with my 2018 M40i. I was driving on a straight road about 45 mph. There was a change in pavement color from dark to slightly lighter (or vice versa). The emergency brake system engaged for a second or so. No traffic behind me. The car is now gone (for other reasons).
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 11:09 AM   #12
TheusBimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Any electrician in da hause to confirm the find? Is the burn legit? I'm curious to see where this goes.

OP, I take it that photo is your proof and have you started a lawsuit? Are lawyers willing to take the case? Normally if the compensation is not worthwhile to them, then it will be hard if not next to impossible to make a case.

Also is the tv news that covered your story a nationally reputable one?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 04:48 AM   #13
sys1820
Rep

Quote:
Any electrician in da hause to confirm the find? Is the burn legit? I'm curious to see where this goes.

OP, I take it that photo is your proof and have you started a lawsuit? Are lawyers willing to take the case? Normally if the compensation is not worthwhile to them, then it will be hard if not next to impossible to make a case.

Very famous. Sbs tv
I'll try recall that most of kinds by kafas control unit
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 08:57 AM   #14
TheusBimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Very famous. Sbs tv
I'll try recall that most of kinds by kafas control unit
I see. Well your best bet is indeed getting in touch with the people who had similar issues as you (which I see you have already done). Hopefully you can prove that on their cars as well. Godspeed.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 06:01 PM   #15
sys1820
Rep

Quote:

Yes. Bmw don't pay to me anyone.
Now, this situation continue.
Please help me
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 06:15 PM   #16
sys1820
Rep

Quote:
Use multimeter.
And then, check to resistance
Appreciate 1
bmwdd22.50
      10-14-2020, 06:17 PM   #17
sys1820
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn18 View Post
What sort of compensation are you looking for?
Refund or replace to new car.
Appreciate 0