BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-13-2021, 03:50 PM   #1
RobynB
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 E83 Sport

Smile Newbie Alert. Hi Everyone

Hello everyone,

I'm Robyn From Nottingham UK

Bought my car at the start of this month. fantastic car, great handling and comfort while driving.

2005 BMW X3 E83 Sport Automatic

Took this car for a test drive and nothing seemed wrong with it.... got it home (20 miles away) same, nothing went wrong.

took it out the next day and lights flooded my dash( abs, 4x4, tpms, hand brake) so did my research found out it might be my transfer case solenoid plastic gears so replaced them. worked for a day and didnt have any lights, till the next day when they popped up without driving, hopefully getting it sorted soon. next problem i noticed. was my Aircon not working so bought a pressure tester and found out theres a problem with that.
Also found out that it had an oil leak which i tried checking for before i bought it but didnt notice it. (has not been on the last 3 MOT's but i can clearly see from removing the standard metal tray that it has been leaking for many years. the build up was crazy.

Next i moved onto my sound system. only the two rear speakers were working properly. one front was crackling and the other was not working. drivers side (Right) magnet was at the bottom of my door card, speaker was still attached to door panel... easy fix, gorilla glued back on. passenger side was not even plugged in. So that showed the door cards have been off before. probably to change the window regulators

While fitting my aftermarket Head unit i found that the subwoffers under the seats were not even connected and do not work with the amp in the boot. couldnt get them to work either so added a small 6" sub to the boot. Not only did i find that the speakers have been tampered with i found every dingle panel on the car has been removed at least once as nearly every clip on the back is different from originals.

Was doing the removal of pannels to fit a reversing camera and my dash camera wiring into the interior panels for tidyness. I have recently found a lot more that i need to work on in due time but at least it keeps me busy.

Only bought this car due to the comfort of driving due to not being able to drive manual cars anymore, i now need an high SUV to get in and out of. Part time wheelchair user/ full time crutch/walking aid user...

Before anyone notices my age and says something about it. I have Hypermobility Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. these two conditions never get better and is only getting worse (between 25-30 mini dislocations a day and 5-8 fully dislocated joints a day too)full time pain. I am one of the very few that cant find anything to manage my pain or control the speed of the rapid decent into needing a wheelchair full time.
P.S i dont get disability so everything i do is paid by myself. I cant afford costly repairs and can barely do any work underneath the car myself due to needing a 2 or 4 post...

Any tips and tricks for finding out my problems and
repairing them would be helpful (already have a
diagnostics machine for BMW and I have done my
Level 3 mechanics course. So i know a lot already
But not really for BMW mainly japanese and korean
Attached Images

Last edited by RobynB; 06-13-2021 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: removal of double images
Appreciate 0