BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-06-2022, 11:51 AM   #1
E83Envyy
Registered
Rep
Drives: Pending pickup

Buying a Clapped 2006 6spd

Hi guys,

As the per the title, I'll be picking up a real clapper next weekend.Trying to save the old girl from the scrap yard but she's not looking good.

Overall she's a decent spec: black on black 2.5L 6Spd with auto HIDs, heated wheel, heated manual leatherite front seats, rain sensing wipers, manual climate control, pano roof and non-sport pkg. It has an individual option of "S761 Sunshade Glazing" but I believe that is simply rear window tint; nothing special.

But she is CLAPPED. The main issue is PO did an organ transplant by pulling the DME/EWS - so she's dead in the water. It'll come with a junk yard DME/EWS that needs to be programmed which will be a nightmare. Only the DME/EWS, no keys or lock cylinders from the junk yard.

Did I mention it has roughly 300,000kms?

I'll post up photos next week once I have the car. I'm pretty familiar with the E46 and E53 but this will be my first E83, anything specific I should be looking for?

Cheers,
E83Envyy
Appreciate 0