BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-12-2021, 03:57 PM   #1
GabeJ73
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

Help me please

I bought a 04 X3 form a guy about 8 months ago. Right after i bought the car, it started throwing a code for a PCV valve. I drove it as normal, running it rich for about three months.

One day in the school parking lot, the car just died. I tried jumping it and everything and couldn't get it to start. It would turn over, just sounded like the car wasn't getting gas. Upon further investigation, I figured out my fuel pump relay had tripped. After replacing it, I still couldn't hear the fuel pump whine at all.

After replacing the fuel pump, the car sounds like it's getting gas, but not enough to start. I just is constantly on the verge of starting. I thought it might be a battery, but I had mine tested and charged, so it's not that. There's a low pitched humming sound coming from the engine when ever the key is in the second position. Also a lot of the dash lights stopped coming on, the only one coming on being the airbag light. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 10:49 PM   #2
Cali_MSport
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30, 06 325i, 07 328i

Did you ever get it to start bro maybe your injectors or not getting spark maybe driving that way fouled your spark plugs. If you feel like it's getting gas than check your spark plugs. I think the humming noise you hear with the key in is the fuel pump priming before the engine starts which is normal. I'm not the best person to help out but since nobody else is offering any advice I thought I'd at try to help you out man good luck to you !
Appreciate 0