BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-16-2019, 10:24 AM   #89
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
When I evaluate cars, I look at four things: Speed, looks, lux, tech, and sound. Tesla m3p has the speed, can’t deny that. However, it mostly applies to straight line speed. Tesla has improved in terms of steering and handling, but it is still far away from true performance sedans like M3, RS5 and similar. Hell, even our X3M “SUV” handles better, and with more composure, than the Model 3p. Tesla also has that plastic toy looks that I personally cannot come to terms with. Lux is not great, I understand Tesla’s intentions, but that interior simplicity and the cheap gray steering wheel simply do not convince me. I’m kind of divided about tech, it has some cool innovative features but lacks the for me absolutely essential things such as an instrumental cluster or head-up display. And, sorry, that massive mac display in the middle is unacceptable. I won’t even discuss the sound...
Nailed it.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 10:27 AM   #90
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb View Post
Yeah it's such a tough call. I'm in a physician's car nerd group on FB (maybe some of you are on there too?), and even the founding member, who regularly tracks a Senna, and a 720S, and has people like Randy Pobst on speed dial says the "best" all around car he's ever owned is his Model S. He recently got a quick drive in a Model 3 and was so blown away, that he bought one while he waits for his Taycan Turbo S to be built.

And plenty of other guys in the group who DD Ferrari, Porsche, etc. all swear by their Model S and Model 3s.

I drove a Model S in 2014 and wasn't blown away, so I'm still not sold, but Elon is making it more and more difficult lol. It's just...not a car imho
When I evaluate cars, I look at four things: Speed, looks, lux, tech, and sound. Tesla m3p has the speed, can't deny that. However, it mostly applies to straight line speed. Tesla has improved in terms of steering and handling, but it is still far away from true performance sedans like M3, RS5 and similar. Hell, even our X3M "SUV" handles better, and with more composure, than the Model 3p. Tesla also has that plastic toy looks that I personally cannot come to terms with. Lux is not great, I understand Tesla's intentions, but that interior simplicity and the cheap gray steering wheel simply do not convince me. I'm kind of divided about tech, it has some cool innovative features but lacks the for me absolutely essential things such as an instrumental cluster or head-up display. And, sorry, that massive mac display in the middle is unacceptable. I won't even discuss the sound...
That's 5 things!
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18113.00
Bowser330288.50
      11-16-2019, 10:43 AM   #91
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

X3MC goes 0.86G average on the MotorTrend figure 8. T3 gets 0.84G average. Crazy BMW SAV.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 01:11 PM   #92
R0ut3r
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 Lamborghini Urus, 2021 Fe

I sadly got rid of my F86 X6M a little too fast and got an F90 M5. Now I regret not getting the X3MC.

The M5 is lighter than the X6M which was my main complaint, but the X3M would give me the lower weight plus the ground clearance I needed (the BMW is my winter beater and I live in a very cold climate).

Buyer's remorse has now kicked in...
Montreal, Canada
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 01:44 PM   #93
knepsterd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ut3r View Post
I sadly got rid of my F86 X6M a little too fast and got an F90 M5. Now I regret not getting the X3MC.

The M5 is lighter than the X6M which was my main complaint, but the X3M would give me the lower weight plus the ground clearance I needed (the BMW is my winter beater and I live in a very cold climate).

Buyer's remorse has now kicked in...
I'll take it off your hands. Real world problems. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 04:04 PM   #94
yuKon22
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doberzus View Post
Don't forget those 3.3 times include a 1 foot rollout. Which decreased the 0-60 time by 2-3 tenths. These are 3.5-3.6 sec 0-60 cars.

Just to put this into perspective if these are running 3.3s with a 1 foot rollout my Model 3 Performance is running 2.9s to 60 with a rollout.

Someone needs to run one of these against a GLC63 S or a TrackHawk.
If Tesla 3 Performance had a Sport Exhaust, a dashboard, and didn't look like my son's plastic toy car... it would be the perfect car for me.
Its understood that Tesla changed the game, they had the market for years to themselves, but the game has moved on. Those that bought them now have to live with the dynamics and styling, few on here would have one in their garage I believe. Personally, I'd be more inclined to buy a Merc. The new M3 is going to be a weapon, and I'm totally fine filling it up.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 05:18 PM   #95
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuKon22 View Post
Its understood that Tesla changed the game, they had the market for years to themselves, but the game has moved on.
there are zero auto execs that would agree with you on that, and nobody on the Porsche PR team.
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2019, 06:14 PM   #96
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
That's 5 things!
indeed... thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 06:20 PM   #97
Bowser330
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: i3 REX

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuKon22 View Post
Its understood that Tesla changed the game, they had the market for years to themselves, but the game has moved on.
there are zero auto execs that would agree with you on that, and nobody on the Porsche PR team.
They can disagree all the want, GM had a chance to change the game they were the first of the big brands to come out with something mainstream-able with the ev-1. They pussed out to the oil companies and they forcibly repossessed the leases from customers begging to buy the ev-1 and sign away any responsibility of GM. It didn't matter, they were told to kill it and they did as they were told.

Tesla changed the game, period. They did what the big brands said couldn't be done. And once the new roadster comes out the supercar/hypercar game will change, again.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 08:35 PM   #98
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330 View Post
They can disagree all the want, GM had a chance to change the game they were the first of the big brands to come out with something mainstream-able with the ev-1. They pussed out to the oil companies and they forcibly repossessed the leases from customers begging to buy the ev-1 and sign away any responsibility of GM. It didn't matter, they were told to kill it and they did as they were told.

Tesla changed the game, period. They did what the big brands said couldn't be done. And once the new roadster comes out the supercar/hypercar game will change, again.
Changed the game or not, the Germans are catching up mightily and Tesla will be broke very soon. The luxury ev market will be dominated by the Germans and the mainstream will belong to Kia and Co. No place for Tesla in this equation.
Appreciate 0