BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-21-2019, 11:26 AM   #67
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

Harder braking above 80 MPH the wheel wiggles a LITTLE BIT.....annoying. I wish it were more stable.
      03-21-2019, 11:28 AM   #68
london_v
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

2 things from me:

I don't like when entering the car and sitting down in the driver seat, i feel some movement in either the seat or the front leg support that's often extended out. When I'm position however, everything is solid and no movement whatsoever.

I also don't like that it takes me 2 hours to hand wash the car. My previous cars have been a breeze at 45min as they've been 2 seaters ... the X3 is a beast in comparison.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 11:46 AM   #69
MechX3M40i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Blue/Cognac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahr124 View Post
I have had a 2004 X5, 2013 X3, 2016 X3 and now a 2019 X3. I was so excited to get all the new, cool features and safety equipment in this X3. As well as ventilated seats. I have always been able to get in the new car, set the seat position and happily drive off. I've picked up all 3 X3's at the Performance Center in SC and could drive the 7 hours without stopping, other than maybe lunch and a bathroom break. I've been able to drive to Atlanta, 6 hours away, without stopping. The 2019 seats looked to be so comfortable, but the driver's seat has been awful! I haven't yet sat in the passenger seat to see if there is a difference. I was practically in tears driving home. The right side of my bottom was in agony after about an hour of driving. It feels like my bone is hitting something hard and the pain goes down my leg, probably sciatica. Not sure what I can do. I have an appointment with service tomorrow. I don't want to use a cushion because I use the heated seats alot. Anyone else have the issue and figured out how to be more comfortable?
Other beefs:
I'm 5'3" and the seat extender gets in the way of my legs making my ability to position myself comfortably in the seat.
The lumbar support doesn't seem to go as low as it did on my other X3's so it doesn't hit me in my lower back, where I really need it.
I ordered the non run flat tires, which come with a spare. No one told me that it reduces the cargo area. There is a lip on the raised trunk area which takes room away. If I had known I would have gotten the run flats and switched to regular tires when they wore out, as I have done with the other 2 X3's.
The color of the speed on the HUD cannot be changed to be white during the day and orange at night. It changes from white to orange when you're over the speed limit. Hard to see on the HUD with polarized sunglasses on and the white is annoying at night.
There is no wheel to adjust from cold to hot on the instrument panel. I don't like having to go into the menu to move it.
There are things I love about the car, but the comfort is a major issue for me.
Welcome to the G01 family.

Sorry about your seat comfort issue - check out this thread, which you will find good seat adjustment option and a couple of videos which may help you to improve the seat comfort. No guarantee that the tips here will work, but at least it's worth a shot. Good luck.

Ride Comfort Recommendations https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1593655
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2019, 11:56 AM   #70
MechX3M40i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC3 View Post
Harder braking above 80 MPH the wheel wiggles a LITTLE BIT.....annoying. I wish it were more stable.
Warped front rotors?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 05:08 PM   #71
fricfracfrank
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

No memory for the passenger seat position
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 05:28 PM   #72
snakehips
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahr124 View Post
I ordered the non run flat tires, which come with a spare. No one told me that it reduces the cargo area. There is a lip on the raised trunk area which takes room away. If I had known I would have gotten the run flats and switched to regular tires when they wore out, as I have done with the other 2 X3's.
In the UK there is no hard link between non-RFT and a spare on the ordering system so, hating RFTs and knowing about the loss of cargo space with the spare, I took non-RFT without a spare, which is becoming the norm here. So right now I have the best of both worlds but I am guessing that some time in the future what I will hate most about my X3 is being stranded on the side of the road with a useless tyre inflation kit, waiting for a recovery truck.
And I will add, though not real hate but more of a dislike, that the ride is too firm and jittery for me. Otherwise i consider the car to be perfect.
      03-22-2019, 02:32 AM   #73
Freezzr
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 4-series Gran Coupe

Garage List
2018 BMW X3  [0.00]
2015 BMW 4 GC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC3 View Post
Go back to your dealer with this. I had the brak wobble all the time. My car had 3x new brakediscs and pads... eventually the dealer replaced the wheels and it looks like they fixed it finally...
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 04:35 AM   #74
X5MSD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 40i M Performance

I've had mine for 3 weeks now
I have to say,the only things I don't like are
The arm rest.wish it was split like my X5s
No electronic steering adjustment

That's all really
Love this 40i
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 02:57 PM   #75
Eulenspiegel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i; 1994 E34 530i

Only one USB port (without wireless charging option). More specifically, no USB, AUX and 5V in the between-seats compartment like I had in my 2011 X3.
1999 E39 540i
2011 F25 X3 XDrive35i
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 05:33 PM   #76
BigJake
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M40i

Tough to hate on the X3, but I find it absurd that wireless phone charging and front cameras are not standard for the price you pay. Also, the apple car play charge is a complete joke.
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2019, 11:45 PM   #77
SROC3
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezzr View Post
Go back to your dealer with this. I had the brak wobble all the time. My car had 3x new brakediscs and pads... eventually the dealer replaced the wheels and it looks like they fixed it finally...
I just adjusted my tire pressure - no wobbles anymore I think my drivers side was too soft. lol. Very stable braking hard from 100 mph to 80 mph
      03-26-2019, 06:48 AM   #78
Tchgrif
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i

1. doesn't recognize key fob even though you just unlocked and started it with the same key fob it now doesn't see

2. drive control simply does not work, it only wants to stay in comfort or if you genuflect just right it might go into adaptive but if you want sport a chicken must be killed

3. sometimes the welcome screen goes to tiles, sometimes it goes to full map, sometimes it goes to settings menu, it has zero to do with how it closed as it always, ALWAYS, closes on full screen map

4. not really the car but the technicians who are suppose to take care of it are lazy liars who would rather see whats wrong then deny they just saw it, so you show them again and again and again yet they "cant get it to replicate" if you leave it with them. you send them videos that they "never received" so you literally bring them a flash drive and threaten to project it onto the wall in the showroom still they "cant get it to replicate"

5. BMW NA solution......drive 50 miles further to another dealer

don't get me wrong or your knickers in a huge wad, despite all of this I do love this car as much as that's possible.
Appreciate 1
HollyM99.50
      03-26-2019, 08:40 AM   #79
johnnj
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

1. I hate that the phantom trunk opening problem is a thing.

2. No power port in the passenger foot well. I shouldn't have to DIY one from the fuse box.

3. No Aux audio input.

4. Comfort door lock/unlock doesn't always work. Sometimes it will try to lock while already locked or unlock while already unlocked. No other BMW we've had with this feature does this.

5. With the digital dash you can't have the odometer/trip on the screen at the same time as the live MPG gauge. Every BMW I've ever had going back to 2001 has had both at the same time. Meanwhile they take up screen real estate with the M40i logo.

6. The surround cameras sometimes go into a weird mode with a 3d rendering of the car from the side. This is totally useless to me.

Other than these annoyances, I love this car. It's my favorite one so far.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 09:05 AM   #80
titomi
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
Tchgrif johnnj > you should take your cars to the dealer to check to things that doesn't work as expected. It's unfair to hate something that is not working as it should be!

Although I do agree with some of your points, but I do not hate the car because of them - rather BMW for making the options that way. You can't complain about things that you don't like if you know there were like this before you buy the car. Again - it's not fair.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 09:39 AM   #81
johnnj
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by titomi View Post
Tchgrif johnnj > you should take your cars to the dealer to check to things that doesn't work as expected. It's unfair to hate something that is not working as it should be!

Although I do agree with some of your points, but I do not hate the car because of them - rather BMW for making the options that way. You can't complain about things that you don't like if you know there were like this before you buy the car. Again - it's not fair.
Sorry to offend. After 4 pages on this thread of people airing their annoyances I'm sorry it was mine that put you over the edge.

I did end my post by saying "Other than these annoyances, I love this car. It's my favorite one so far." Hopefully that will assuage the hurt feelings of any G01s out there. This should be a safe space for them.
Appreciate 1
Accentu8702.50
      03-26-2019, 10:44 AM   #82
way245
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclimax13 View Post
6. No remote start feature. Could have at least given the ability to turn on the rear defrost, heated seated and heated steering wheel from the app.
I specifically asked about this when going to buy my X3. They told me that the Germans deemed it unsafe (not sure if its a country wide thing or BMW itself) but they said that the new X5's and up have it, but not anything else. Makes no sense to me.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 10:56 AM   #83
shemazar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 e46 m3

Only thing I don’t like is how the black shiny trim around the cup holder/gear selector shows marks/dust/micro-scratches so easily. Perpetually looks bad.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 10:59 AM   #84
MechX3M40i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by way245 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclimax13 View Post
6. No remote start feature. Could have at least given the ability to turn on the rear defrost, heated seated and heated steering wheel from the app.
I specifically asked about this when going to buy my X3. They told me that the Germans deemed it unsafe (not sure if its a country wide thing or BMW itself) but they said that the new X5's and up have it, but not anything else. Makes no sense to me.
It's unsafe to BMW's pocket book. They cannot make the X3 too good to cannibalize the sales of the X5 and higher.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 12:00 PM   #85
munna
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemazar View Post
Only thing I don't like is how the black shiny trim around the cup holder/gear selector shows marks/dust/micro-scratches so easily. Perpetually looks bad.
I used Zaino Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray in all my gloss black trim.

Seems to be working very well to minimize the smudges/dust/scratches. A bonus is the trim feels very smooth
Appreciate 1
KevinAC49.50
      03-26-2019, 12:08 PM   #86
KaedeNR
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

I have 2 pretty annoying gripes that sometime ruins the fun that this car brings

- Whenever I press down on the left hand side of the steering wheel there is clicky sound. this does go away somewhat in summer, so probably a temperature change/material change size type of thing. I do notice similar thing on some X3 loaners, so presumably is a crappy design/material selection.

- Whenever I turn sharply right (only right) there is a very loud creak coming from I think inside the car, could not find the source of the noise.

Does anyone have similar issues? I am really curious about the second one.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 04:28 PM   #87
B_M_VV
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechX3M40i View Post
It's unsafe to BMW's pocket book. They cannot make the X3 too good to cannibalize the sales of the X5 and higher.
Agree. That's why we need more competitors in this segment. Once most players offer a feature, it will be difficult for BMW to keep it away simply for differentiation purpose.

Ventilated front seat is finally a commonly available feature in the segment. Let's see which will be the next feature to trickle down from upper class vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 12:19 AM   #88
SROC3
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna View Post
I used Zaino Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray in all my gloss black trim.

Seems to be working very well to minimize the smudges/dust/scratches. A bonus is the trim feels very smooth
Use Ultima it ROCKS:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1