BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-23-2020, 07:44 AM   #89
aspame82
Mr
Peru
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 XDrive28i Xline 2017

Hi. I just installed match up7. Uploading the dsp setup from tronner.
I have this problem when the car goes to sleep and then turn on the car, the volumen is off (not volumen from any source), i have to disconnect and reconnect the amplifier and then it works. I just tried with another match up7 bmw amplifier and it happens the same (so it is not the amplifier)
Any idea how to sort out this issue?. Maybe any setting to wake up the amplifier.
Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 06:40 PM   #90
pierreye
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 & G01

You mean the volume settings in UP7BMW? Never have this problem but only place I would suspect is the input source priority. You can choose analog signal from headunit or optical cable if you are using external source. Even if you choose optical, it's smart enough to detect the signal from analog and automatically switch over. Before you use Tronner DSP setting, can you try to use the default settings to check.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 11:05 AM   #91
Tronner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspame82 View Post
I have this problem when the car goes to sleep and then turn on the car, the volumen is off (not volumen from any source), i have to disconnect and reconnect the amplifier and then it works. I just tried with another match up7 bmw amplifier and it happens the same (so it is not the amplifier)
Any idea how to sort out this issue?. Maybe any setting to wake up the amplifier.
Thanks in advance
Yeah that is interesting. I haven't had any issues with volume on startup or after sleep with that file. Hopefully pierreye's suggestion helps, or there is maybe something wrong with the vehicle wiring / programming. I know mine has a few "bugs" here and there that are odd anomalies.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 12:02 PM   #92
Alex C.
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Bmw X3 xdrive30i

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks in advance
Check on the amp for a switch that says auto remote. Make sure it is flipped to the ON position if you do not have a remote wire connected elsewhere in the harness. I have a bimmertech pp86dsp (same copy as the match7up I believe).
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 01:05 PM   #93
scamit
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 Xdrive 30i/2013 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepppie View Post
All right. Got my 2020 G01 with Live Cockpit Professional and 676 hifi system. Picked specifically the 676 hifi option with the Audiotec Fischer UP7BMW amplifier in mind, but now BMW changed a little bit in the OEM audio system..

The car has a RAM (receiver audio module) and, because of that, Audiotec told me the UP7BMW will not function although it is pin compatible to fit. They're working on a brand new amplifier to solve this issue.

In the meantime.. Does anyone had this problem and have a workaround to get the UP7BMW working?
Im in the same boat as you, waiting for an update that will work with the ‘20 X3.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 06:50 PM   #94
aspame82
Mr
Peru
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 XDrive28i Xline 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierreye View Post
You mean the volume settings in UP7BMW? Never have this problem but only place I would suspect is the input source priority. You can choose analog signal from headunit or optical cable if you are using external source. Even if you choose optical, it's smart enough to detect the signal from analog and automatically switch over. Before you use Tronner DSP setting, can you try to use the default settings to check.
Hi Pierreye. yes, this was the solution. There was a problem with the remote connection.I chose analog signal and that worked. thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 02:47 AM   #95
Pepppie
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: i20

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamit View Post
Im in the same boat as you, waiting for an update that will work with the ‘20 X3.
You don't have to wait, there is a way to DIY

You just need to place a MEC-module in the amp to upgrade the input-channels from 4 to 6 and use an additional wire harness (there is one available from Audiotec).

Send them an email and tell them you have the X3 2020 with RAM and need a MEC-module and wire harness to create the 'UP7.6'. They'll be glad to help you!
Appreciate 1
Ldb2511.50
      07-26-2020, 04:20 AM   #96
Calamari
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G21 330d, 2008 E87 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamit View Post
Audiotec Fischer just released a new Harness for BMWs running iDrive 7:
https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m.../pp-bmw-1.7ram

This harness works with the RAM module.
Appreciate 1
Ldb2511.50
      09-28-2020, 02:40 PM   #97
M40i017
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronner View Post
OK I have been fiddling with the MatchUp7 for way more hours than I'd like to admit the last 3 or 4 days. I think I'm getting to settings that I am happy with. There are a few inherent problems with trying to get it all dialed in, especially if you're really into audio and a bit obsessive like I am. Here are a few things I've found so far in my experimenting and testing as well as my tune file for those who care to try it.

1. Tuning it to sound good for all inputs is difficult. I've gotten it to where decent mp3 files played through my ipod sound really good, but then when I switch to Sirius (which I probably listen to more) everything sounds really bass heavy and the high end is too bright. So you either have to tune for one input and adjust treble and bass to suit others, or try to find middle ground that gives up a little bit on each.
2. Really take your time and get accurate distance measurements to each front speaker at least. Tiny differences in distance measurements in the time/distance delay can have a pretty big effect on vocals. I think the best sequence I found was to set left and right channel distances first. Then I played some stand up comedy so I could just hear voices, get the center channel close, then back off like 6" and slowly come back toward the real distance and even beyond if needed until the sound blends together without any echo. If your time delay is a bit off it can make the voices sound funny.
3. The AT manual on the site recommends about a 3ms delay for the rear channels. I think it definitely helped tone them down so that I really only hear the front stage, which is what I want.
3. The BMW SUV profile seems overly bright to my ears on the high end. I ended up smoothing out the entire curve and dropping the treble over the range from 1000 to 16000hz quite a bit. Actually, looking at the settings of the "Limousine" profile I wouldn't be surprised if that one sounds better in our cars with the right distance settings in there.
4. Some of of the FX enhancements are pretty cool and worth playing around to see what you like.
5. I'm really impressed with the output of the stock 8" woofers with this amp. They have ALMOST enough bass for me and I'm a pretty big basshead haha. If they could play down another 20hz with good volume they'd be fantastic.
6. Unfortunately the system is still limited with some tiny "mid" drivers and woofers that have to perform double duty as woofers AND subs. But overall I'm very happy with the Match Up7 upgrade. I just wish I had someone else tune it so I wouldn't keep tinkering with it LOL.

If you want to try out my file remember to change the file name back to a .afpx extension. I've included the Generic SUV version with my measurements for reference and comparison.
How do I access your tune file and data?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 02:29 PM   #98
M40i017
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
OK I have been fiddling with the MatchUp7 for way more hours than I'd like to admit the last 3 or 4 days. I think I'm getting to settings that I am happy with. There are a few inherent problems with trying to get it all dialed in, especially if you're really into audio and a bit obsessive like I am. Here are a few things I've found so far in my experimenting and testing as well as my tune file for those who care to try it.

1. Tuning it to sound good for all inputs is difficult. I've gotten it to where decent mp3 files played through my ipod sound really good, but then when I switch to Sirius (which I probably listen to more) everything sounds really bass heavy and the high end is too bright. So you either have to tune for one input and adjust treble and bass to suit others, or try to find middle ground that gives up a little bit on each.
2. Really take your time and get accurate distance measurements to each front speaker at least. Tiny differences in distance measurements in the time/distance delay can have a pretty big effect on vocals. I think the best sequence I found was to set left and right channel distances first. Then I played some stand up comedy so I could just hear voices, get the center channel close, then back off like 6" and slowly come back toward the real distance and even beyond if needed until the sound blends together without any echo. If your time delay is a bit off it can make the voices sound funny.
3. The AT manual on the site recommends about a 3ms delay for the rear channels. I think it definitely helped tone them down so that I really only hear the front stage, which is what I want.
3. The BMW SUV profile seems overly bright to my ears on the high end. I ended up smoothing out the entire curve and dropping the treble over the range from 1000 to 16000hz quite a bit. Actually, looking at the settings of the "Limousine" profile I wouldn't be surprised if that one sounds better in our cars with the right distance settings in there.
4. Some of of the FX enhancements are pretty cool and worth playing around to see what you like.
5. I'm really impressed with the output of the stock 8" woofers with this amp. They have ALMOST enough bass for me and I'm a pretty big basshead haha. If they could play down another 20hz with good volume they'd be fantastic.
6. Unfortunately the system is still limited with some tiny "mid" drivers and woofers that have to perform double duty as woofers AND subs. But overall I'm very happy with the Match Up7 upgrade. I just wish I had someone else tune it so I wouldn't keep tinkering with it LOL.

If you want to try out my file remember to change the file name back to a .afpx extension. I've included the Generic SUV version with my measurements for reference and comparison.
Did you have to modify the wiring harness to fit the vehicle? I purchased match up 7bmw amp and the wiring harness did not fit due to the connector having two black plastic pieces that were too narrow. The creator of this thread had to do a similar modification.. I have a 2019 x3 m40i
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 11:23 PM   #99
Alex C.
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Bmw X3 xdrive30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M40i017 View Post
Did you have to modify the wiring harness to fit the vehicle? I purchased match up 7bmw amp and the wiring harness did not fit due to the connector having two black plastic pieces that were too narrow. The creator of this thread had to do a similar modification.. I have a 2019 x3 m40i
I had to on my bimmertech amp. Takes a few seconds with a pair of micro flush cutters. I also had to do the same on the connector for the underseat woofers I got.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 05:18 PM   #100
M40i017
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
OK I have been fiddling with the MatchUp7 for way more hours than I'd like to admit the last 3 or 4 days. I think I'm getting to settings........
Thank you very much for providing this audio dsp file setup. I was a little disappointed using the generic dsp suv file but after loading yours evrything changed, it sounds really good!!
Which tune file did you use from him??

The "getting close version 1" tune file or "correct distance file"??

cheers
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2020, 05:05 PM   #101
M40i017
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
My X3 30i came with Hifi option, 676A so I'm able to swap the amp with Match 7BMW amp. During installation, I found out the connector need to be modify in order to fit the harness and bracket also need to modify too. What a PITA.

Once done, the installation took less than 15 mins. Downloaded the standard profile for SUV from Fischer Audiotech, do a quick listening test. The sound is quite underwhelming with standard profile. Next I take a measuring tape and measure the actual distance from each speaker and update the settings. Wow, what a big difference. After the delay setting, the stereo effect is really good and the vocal is dead center at the driver seat.

Next I try to do a quick EQ using REW and found out there is no AUX port!!! It's quite late to try other method and do a quick EQ by ear and make some changes to the electronic crossover. Bass does sound much better compare to stock amp. In fact, I feel the speakers come with Hifi option is pretty good. Make me think twice if I should swap out the speakers with Scanspeak speakers.

This would be a 3 stage upgrade. My next step is to install a 12" JBL WS1200 with Rockford Fosgate RDX500 amp under the trunk. Last step would be upgrading the speakers with scanspeak discovery mid and revelator tweeter.

Update 1.
Done more thorough listening test today. The sound does open up and very good separation. I'm comparing the sound system to my another car, BMW F10 with Top Hifi. If I can choose again, I would get Hifi Option and upgrade the amp. It's miles better than my L7 Hifi system. Bass is really good from the underseat woofer. Just don't expect deep thumping sound but I feel it's better define and not muddy compare to Top Hifi.

Uploaded tuning file
Please rename the file extension from PDF to afpx.

Update 2. Trunk Subwoofer Added
Done adding JBL Club WS1200 subwoofer in custom 0.75 cuft sealed enclosure. The sub is driven by Rockford Fosgate RD500X with 500W of power at 2 ohm. Power wiring is 4 gauge with 120A fuse. Give it a quick listening by setting the subwoofer crossover at 80hz and change the underseat sub to cover from 80hz to 180hz, the bass sound deeper and with more tactile feel. With the volume turn up to 75%, the rear view mirror is vibrating with heavy bass. Will do the tuning tomorrow.

Update 3. New tuning file using REW RTA
Done individual speakers tuning using REW RTA and UMIK-1 CSL calibrated mic. The music is very balance compare to generic file for SUV. Please note that the tuning file is only for BMW HIFI stock speakers and underseat sub. The tuning file include trunk sub so if you don't have it, please mute channel H (RCA out) and change the High Pass filter for Subwoofer 1 and Subwoofer 2 to 50hz. Remember to rename BMW G01 Custom.pdf to BMW G01 Custom.afpx

Update 4. Install Scan Speak Tweeter and Midrange speakers
https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...8;postcount=47

Update 5. Install GRS B200-2 underseat subwoofer
https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...8;postcount=51
How difficult was it connecting another amp/sub to the match amp? Could I use powered subwoofer with built in amp with this set up and if so, what would I need to do to wire it to thhe match up 7bmw?

Thanks for the great info
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2020, 07:21 PM   #102
pierreye
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
How difficult was it connecting another amp/sub to the match amp? Could I use powered subwoofer with built in amp with this set up and if so, what would I need to do to wire it to thhe match up 7bmw?

Very straight forward. Just use the sub RCA output to another amp and use remote trigger to turn on the amp. No problem if you want to use powered sub as the connection would be the same.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2020, 09:37 PM   #103
M40i017
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Very straight forward. Just use the sub RCA output to another amp and use remote trigger to turn on the amp. No problem if you want to use powered sub as the connection would be the same.
Can the match up 7bmw amp power the additional sub/amp? If not, how does it get power?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 10:41 PM   #104
pierreye
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Can the match up 7bmw amp power the additional sub/amp? If not, how does it get power?

Cheers
It's low signal output so you need external amp or active sub.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 08:49 PM   #105
M40i017
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Just do it. Even without the trunk sub, it's an obvious improvement compare to Hifi option. Even if given a choice, I wouldn't get Top Hifi L7 as it's more flexible using UP 7BMW DSP amp which does sound better.
What do you have the gain set to on the match amp itself?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 05:21 AM   #106
pierreye
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
What do you have the gain set to on the match amp itself?
I'll turn the volume on iDrive to around 80% volume. Then turn the gain up on the Match Amp until the loudest I can listen to or until the speakers start to distort. Then turn down a little bit.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 09:50 AM   #107
copene
Rep
Drives: BMX 2020 X3

Hi Pierreye, just got a 2020 X3 and am looking to upgrade the sound right away. Beauty write up! Hopefully you don't mind walking me through a couple of questions. I noticed that your sub amp doesn't have a big garden hose 4 gauge GROUND coming out of it. Did you install one and bolt it to the metal body somewhere not in your pictures?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 12:00 AM   #108
pierreye
Lieutenant
Rep

Hi, I ground it to the metal body near the brake light.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 05:14 PM   #109
copene
Rep
Drives: BMX 2020 X3

Quote:
Hi, I ground it to the metal body near the brake light.
Could you take a pic? I almost backflipped when I realized the battery was in the trunk! With the sup pre out on the Match, this install looks simple. I have a UMIK-1 and I'm fluent in REW so this should be fun. I have an SMD DD-1 as well so I'm going to see what the actual distortion point is on the head unit. Does the Match have a per L/R gain control? Or does the DSP react in real time when making changes via USB?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 10:31 PM   #110
pierreye
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by copene View Post
Could you take a pic? I almost backflipped when I realized the battery was in the trunk! With the sup pre out on the Match, this install looks simple. I have a UMIK-1 and I'm fluent in REW so this should be fun. I have an SMD DD-1 as well so I'm going to see what the actual distortion point is on the head unit. Does the Match have a per L/R gain control? Or does the DSP react in real time when making changes via USB?
Sure. Here's the photo. Interesting if you can check the distortion as my understanding the BMW HU will increase distortion when going above 80% volume. Match UP 7BMW gain is universal to the signal. With analog input, it's 4 channels FR, FL, RR, RL. You can set the gain for each individual channel on the output. I forgot if the changes is live thru USB as I always measure the frequency response for each channel using REW, then use the build in Auto EQ to match the house curve I wanted. Then I manually copy the value back into the DSP and upload to the amp.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0