BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-17-2018, 06:15 AM   #1
MechX3M40i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Blue/Cognac

Found this video on YouTube today. There are a couple of interesting things mentioned here which might not have been discussed in this forum yet. I just want to share to see if anyone can confirm his observation.

The video seems to show that his 21 inch front driver side tire was already well worn, unevenly! Wondering if the odometer reading of 434km shown in the video (interior shot, at 4:45) matched the time when he made this video when he stood outside the car talking. If yes, then I am glad that I opted for the 20" myself instead!

Edit - I know some of you may think this video is lame (yes, I think it kind of is) and the guy might have exaggerated something to sensationalize his views. However, I want to emphasize that I'm posting this mainly because I'm interested to have fellow owners to verify if the issues he mentioned were real (i.e. is the rear spoiler really at risk of falling off?) or he just made those BS up to get more clicks and views. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 06:55 AM   #2
Tchgrif
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i

to me the front drivers tire looks new, i see no wear at all. if you look towards the top of the tire there is a wash out probably glare but further down front the tire seems perfect. as for what he had to say.....ummmm okkkkkkk. the issues are impossible to pin down based on his explanation and how in the world could an alternating flashing yellow/red tail light confuse other drivers to the point they wreck probably speaks more to their sobriety than changing light colors. and a dim dash light would never cause a wreck. none the less its a good video of the car and what he had to say about structure seems on track with my experience as well, this is a really well put together car. with the possible exception of the spoiler flying off.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 07:48 AM   #3
mde83
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 m40i

I sort of thought this was a lame video. Guy seems to just be reporting information he heard or whatever but has not experienced, and there were other known recalls that were not even mentioned. According to him, I bet the known bubble in the rear seat leather issue would cause the driver to crash.

Although there have been probably too many issues to excuse for a luxury brand such as BMW. If you want to talk about lots of issues with a redesign, go look at Jeep Wrangler. But that is FCA (Fiat) we are talking about. Too bad, I love Wranglers. I own a 2004. And I was seriously considering a new Wrangler before deciding to stick with BMW (because of the m40i)...
Appreciate 1
BMWZ41908.00