BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-24-2019, 06:18 AM   #639
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
As mentioned a few times, this feature will be available when the update for the app is released.
So this option is not currently available?

Ask as it’s listed on the Bimmercode site under the drop down options?
I don't know why he's listed the new features before the update is released but my guess is there is a delay between him submitting the update to Apple and Apple putting it on the App Store.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 06:26 AM   #640
SC11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i

Quote:
I don't know why he's listed the new features before the update is released but my guess is there is a delay between him submitting the update to Apple and Apple putting it on the App Store.
This has been live on his site since at least the weekend so prior to the android update as well, reason I ordered the UniCarScan at the weekend and was due to set it up at the weekend, guess I now need to wait for the update (Apple)

Shame as with all this talk of updates I was expecting extra features to become available clearly the case now is I’m waiting on the update to release the features I was already expecting!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 06:29 AM   #641
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
This has been live in his site since at least the weekend so prior to the android update as well, reason I ordered the UniCarScan at the weekend and was due to set it up at the weekend, guess I now need to wait for the update (Apple)

He had that up, then when I told him it wasn't working he took it down, then after I beta tested the new update he put it back on the site.

Update should be released very soon hopefully!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 06:31 AM   #642
SC11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
He had that up, then when I told him it wasn't working he took it down, then after I beta tested the new update he put it back on the site.

Ok cool so am I right in thinking there’s no new features coming?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 06:48 AM   #643
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Ok cool so am I right in thinking there’s no new features coming?
Just the ones that say the OBDlink or UniCarScan adapters needed.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 07:07 AM   #644
fsugatorbait
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40

Garage List
2019 BMW X3 M40  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshV View Post
Has anyone successfully received the UniCarScan adapter after purchase from obd-2.de aka wgsoft.de? I ordered 12 days ago (Jan 11) and never received an order summary email or tracking number. I just have the payment receipt through PayPal. I've tried asking for an update twice now. (Once through email and once through their website contact form.)

If you've received the UniCarScan in the US from obd-2.de, how long did it take to arrive? Did you get a tracking number?

I'll probably file a complaint with PayPal soon if I don't hear anything and order through the other UK distributor that has been mentioned here.

Thanks!
I did. He never responded to my attempts until I filed a claim through paypal 4 days after placing the order. Tracking number received has shown no movement for the past week after the item supposedly left Germany.

I would file a claim through paypal now; 12 days is a lot.
Appreciate 1
JoshV14.50
      01-24-2019, 07:43 AM   #645
m235hou
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsugatorbait View Post
Quote:
Has anyone successfully received the UniCarScan adapter after purchase from obd-2.de aka wgsoft.de? I ordered 12 days ago (Jan 11) and never received an order summary email or tracking number. I just have the payment receipt through PayPal. I've tried asking for an update twice now. (Once through email and once through their website contact form.)

If you've received the UniCarScan in the US from obd-2.de, how long did it take to arrive? Did you get a tracking number?

I'll probably file a complaint with PayPal soon if I don't hear anything and order through the other UK distributor that has been mentioned here.

Thanks!
I did. He never responded to my attempts until I filed a claim through paypal 4 days after placing the order. Tracking number received has shown no movement for the past week after the item supposedly left Germany.

I would file a claim through paypal now; 12 days is a lot.
Sounds like the German website is no go. Hopefully the app developer is aware of the issue and would recommend the UK website instead

I'll be making a trip to the UK so will just order it when I'm there. Can't wait for the new updated apple app!
JoshV14.50
      01-24-2019, 07:58 AM   #646
gugin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:

Thanks!
I ordered the UniCarScan reader from the German website on Jan. 2. Received tracking number on Jan. 7. When I clicked on the DHL tracking link, DHL reported that it received the item on Jan. 4 and handed it over to the US side on Jan. 6. Then there was no update for quite some time. I received the UniCarScan adapter on Jan. 22. I live in Northern Virginia.

You have to understand that with the government shutdown, customs are understaffed. Things can be sitting there for a long time and the delay will only get worse with the passage of time.
Appreciate 1
JoshV14.50
      01-24-2019, 12:23 PM   #647
DADINO
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 25d M Sport

Hi guys!
Where can I found "BDC" on Bimmercode app?
I already have the UniCarScan adapter for iOS but when I run the app doesn't appear any BDC ecu.
Thanks in advance,
Daniele
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 12:34 PM   #648
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADINO View Post
Hi guys!
Where can I found "BDC" on Bimmercode app?
I already have the UniCarScan adapter for iOS but when I run the app doesn't appear any BDC ecu.
Thanks in advance,
Daniele
Wait for the app update
Appreciate 1
SROC31702.00
      01-24-2019, 12:54 PM   #649
DADINO
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 25d M Sport

Thx teaston
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 03:00 PM   #650
gugin
United_States
Rep

I have the UniCarScan reader which is supported by both iOS and Android versions of Bimmercode. I also have an iPhone and an Android tablet. If price is not a factor, which Bimmercode version should I choose? Are they the same in terms of functionality or does one version support more coding options that the other. (I presume that I should not install Bimmercode on both devices because Bimmercode will get confused when I try to restore from backup.)
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 03:17 PM   #651
therealtk
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugin View Post
I have the UniCarScan reader which is supported by both iOS and Android versions of Bimmercode. I also have an iPhone and an Android tablet. If price is not a factor, which Bimmercode version should I choose? Are they the same in terms of functionality or does one version support more coding options that the other. (I presume that I should not install Bimmercode on both devices because Bimmercode will get confused when I try to restore from backup.)
if you use your android + unicar you will be able to code all the options/ECUs today. If you want to use iOS + unicar you will have to wait for the next app update, which is imminent.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 04:06 PM   #652
m235hou
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealtk View Post
Quote:
if you use your android + unicar you will be able to code all the options/ECUs today. If you want to use iOS + unicar you will have to wait for the next app update, which is imminent.
Remember the last update was released on iPhone first. So either option will work though if you want extra features today, go with android.

It really depends on which device you'll have on hand in the future when you'd want to modify your coding
      01-24-2019, 04:16 PM   #653
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
To use Bimmercode on both devices you would need to pay for it twice.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 04:33 PM   #654
djrobx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X4 m40i Flamenco Red

Quote:

Does anyone have the default driving mode werte values for doing the same in E-sys on G01? I've seen the parameter that needs to be changed somewhere, but the list of values was for a different car. I want to set mine to Adaptive.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 10:19 PM   #655
Rhidium
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3

Quote:
I ordered the UniCarScan reader from the German website on Jan. 2. Received tracking number on Jan. 7. When I clicked on the DHL tracking link, DHL reported that it received the item on Jan. 4 and handed it over to the US side on Jan. 6. Then there was no update for quite some time. I received the UniCarScan adapter on Jan. 22. I live in Northern Virginia.

You have to understand that with the government shutdown, customs are understaffed. Things can be sitting there for a long time and the delay will only get worse with the passage of time.
Usually anything you order from another country it can get stuck in customs. Not sure if that's the case for you guys.

Stuff I ordered from China takes about 14 to 30 days to get to me. Typically due to slow boat from China and going through customs. At my old work place we had stuff stuck in customs for a long time.. but that's typically for large order of the same parts.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 07:06 AM   #656
SC11
Private First Class
Rep

Just coded off ASD and man what a difference

None of that fake rubbish and drone, ok it was nice to get the audible change from comfort to sports but how quite the cabin now is with me being able to drive in my favourite mode.

Dipped my toe in with just the ASD deactivate but will turn the seat belt warning and the alarm beep if locked while running later on.

Just need BimmerCode to get the update out for me to start in Start ind

Also can I use it over multiple cars? I know the App does a backup but is it effected if I want to use it over two cars?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 09:26 AM   #657
Rhidium
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3

That's a good question.. I would hope so.

I did notice that there are a lot of backup files saved.. From experience I know the restore function has restored it to default. I would have thought it would restore it one step back instead of all the way to default.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 09:47 AM   #658
Swampman
Swampman
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40 - Glacier Silver

I received UniCarScan from UK and default start-up mode is available now for iPhone under Body parameters. Still trying to activate rear fogs for Euro switch with expert mode in BimmerCode.
Appreciate 1
JoshV14.50
      01-25-2019, 09:49 AM   #659
gugin
United_States
Rep

Does anybody know how the backup function works? I imagine that the app only backs up the values in FDLs that it is about to change. So, for example, if the app is about to code legal disclaimers off by changing the initial value to 1 in some head unit FDL, the app backs up the initial value in that FDL only; it does not back up literally all the values for all FDLs available in the head unit. Or does it? Does it create a "snapshot" of the entire system before each coding? It would be pretty wasteful, but I can imagine a benefit to having a backup of everything as it was when I received the car from a dealer.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 09:54 AM   #660
gugin
United_States
Rep

A second question: is anybody here also using E-Sys? I can see the appeal of Bimmercode, but what makes me uneasy about the app is that we don't really know what Bimmercode does when you click the code button. With E-Sys, you know exactly what you are changing and if you keep a good log of what you changed, you can always change it back. For example, what happens if my iPhone gets stolen? My Bimmercode backups will be gone.
Appreciate 0