BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-03-2021, 06:12 AM   #2839
za_mack
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 2018 TX31 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by comber View Post
If you go to the software update website of BMW, you will find release notes.

For iDrive 6 you will need to introduce your VIN, so it looks for updates, and then you will see a couple of PDF documents with information, one of them is the release notes one.

From what i've seen the update you can get from the site to install it by yourself is far more older.
If i enter my VIN it gave me as latest UPD9051.bin (MB-006.003.050)

Dealership seem to have other rights and install a much later patch MB-007.022.002 , which doesn't seem to be public. If we can find the corresponding *.bin file i guess we can find the release notes as well by a simple google.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 08:55 PM   #2840
gonz-photog
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

So here’s an update on my 2021 X3 M40i. It went to the dealership for my ACE 2.0 install and I decided to tell my service advisor my car was missing ADV. She called me today and told me that when they reprogrammed the car, the option for ADV came up but doesn’t work when you check the box and go driving. She said that they are escalating to BMW engineers. I am somewhat hopeful but I know after reading here that it might not be possible because of iDrive 7.0 lite. Can anyone verify if ADV works after coding using Esys and of lane change assist works after coding also with Esys?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 04:19 PM   #2841
gonz-photog
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonz-photog View Post
So here’s an update on my 2021 X3 M40i. It went to the dealership for my ACE 2.0 install and I decided to tell my service advisor my car was missing ADV. She called me today and told me that when they reprogrammed the car, the option for ADV came up but doesn’t work when you check the box and go driving. She said that they are escalating to BMW engineers. I am somewhat hopeful but I know after reading here that it might not be possible because of iDrive 7.0 lite. Can anyone verify if ADV works after coding using Esys and of lane change assist works after coding also with Esys?
Here is another update! The dealership had to get the BMW engineers involved to see why the upload from my dealership has ADV in the menu but isn’t even available for the car. She said that they reset the car or flashed it with the software that is installed at the factory but it still comes up in the iDrive menu. Once they figure it out I will have my car back! Has anyone else had this issue without coding? I just purchased EsysX last night to be able to start coding in features that y’all find.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 04:23 PM   #2842
titomi
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Here is another update! The dealership had to get the BMW engineers involved to see why the upload from my dealership has ADV in the menu but isn’t even available for the car. She said that they reset the car or flashed it with the software that is installed at the factory but it still comes up in the iDrive menu. Once they figure it out I will have my car back! Has anyone else had this issue without coding? I just purchased EsysX last night to be able to start coding in features that y’all find.
Pardon my ignorance, but what is ADV ? And why are you posting in this thread?
      03-05-2021, 07:55 PM   #2843
gonz-photog
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by titomi View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but what is ADV ? And why are you posting in this thread?
It is assisted drivers view which people are coding in. I was going to code in Lane Change Assist and since it is coding related that is why I’m posting here. I want to see if anyone has been able to get these to work on 2020 or 2021 X3 M40i.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 04:45 AM   #2844
ColinDuff68
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowymo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gugin View Post
If you have adaptive LED headlights, try this under BDC_BODY / 3530 LaMaster1:

C_AFS_ENA: G001_disable [00] --> G001_enable [01]
LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y: G001_keine_AFS [00 00 14] --> G001_AFS [00 00 00]
Will give it a try!! Thanks.
Quote:
Quote:
If you have adaptive LED headlights, try this under BDC_BODY / 3530 LaMaster1:

Will give it a try!! Thanks.
Did it work?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 09:16 AM   #2845
cowymo
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M440i XD

Garage List
Unfortunately it didn't work for the 2021 x3, because Bimmercode shows nothing under Lamaster1.. Blank.

Meanwhile I see the settings in my 2020 M240 which does not even have adaptive LED..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinDuff68 View Post
Did it work?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 03:41 PM   #2846
arRod1981
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 45e M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB M40i View Post
Can also confirm that since the software update the VLD coding via Expert Mode on Bimmercode no longer works which is a shame.

Before the update, when the light was switched between the Auto to the On setting you could clearly see the extra illumination on the sides of the light pattern (almost like the cornering lights were always on), and the light beam would shift slightly right. Neither of those things happen now.

Going to book in a remote coding session in a few weeks with codemybimmer and see if they can fix along with re-enable anti-dazzle.

I know this post is super old, but were you able to get VLD and anti-dazzle coded? If so, can you provide the website? Have a 2021 X3.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 09:30 PM   #2847
g0t2bmiirii
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by arRod1981 View Post
Quote:
Can also confirm that since the software update the VLD coding via Expert Mode on Bimmercode no longer works which is a shame.

Before the update, when the light was switched between the Auto to the On setting you could clearly see the extra illumination on the sides of the light pattern (almost like the cornering lights were always on), and the light beam would shift slightly right. Neither of those things happen now.

Going to book in a remote coding session in a few weeks with codemybimmer and see if they can fix along with re-enable anti-dazzle.

I know this post is super old, but were you able to get VLD and anti-dazzle coded? If so, can you provide the website? Have a 2021 X3.
https://www.codemybimmer.ca/

This site does the anti dazzle.. it's like $75
      03-07-2021, 11:47 PM   #2848
JB M40i
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Bimmercode coding on G01 - Share you coding changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by arRod1981 View Post
Quote:

Yes, I was able to get both working through a user going by Almaretto on this site. Can't speak highly enough about him, he really knows his stuff.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 09:12 AM   #2849
cowymo
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
I am using OBDLink MX+ Bluetooth with Bimmercode on Android. I even tried to update the OBDLink firmware, but there is none available..

Quote:
Originally Posted by comber View Post
Sometimes it depends on the OBD adapter you use. Only with the recommended ones all options are available, with others, maybe yes or maybe not.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 04:42 PM   #2850
cowymo
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
So magic happened today. The bimmercode app got updated last night, and I gave the x3 one more try, guess what, tons of settings under LaMaster1 appeared.

Gotta try out the anti-glare tonight.. heheh
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 06:29 PM   #2851
gugin
United_States
Rep

Give it a try, but be aware that VLD (variable light distribution) is not the same thing as anti-glare (aka anti-dazzle aka non-glare high beams). VLD pertains to low beams. You can find many sources on the web about VLD. Here is one: http://bmwgeek.blogspot.com/2017/08/...tribution.html
Appreciate 2
      03-14-2021, 09:45 AM   #2852
cowymo
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
I'm happy to report that I managed to code VLD as well as Anti-glare last night. We took the car out for a test drive and saw how differently the beams are reacting to vehicles on the road. The beams were basically dancing in front of our eyes. Left the high beam on and did a bit of city driving as well as dark country road driving, no one ever high beam us to complain about our beam and our high beam was on the whole time.

Quote:
Give it a try, but be aware that VLD (variable light distribution) is not the same thing as anti-glare (aka anti-dazzle aka non-glare high beams). VLD pertains to low beams. You can find many sources on the web about VLD. Here is one: http://bmwgeek.blogspot.com/2017/08/...tribution.html
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 09:59 AM   #2853
JD-X4M40i
Private
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i G02

Has anyone figured out how to have the light carpet come on when reversing yet ?
      03-14-2021, 10:58 AM   #2854
gugin
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm happy to report that I managed to code VLD as well as Anti-glare last night. We took the car out for a test drive and saw how differently the beams are reacting to vehicles on the road. The beams were basically dancing in front of our eyes.
How did you code anti-glare? Using BimmerCode? I thought BimmerCode does not allow access to the FLM module. Did you simply code the settings in BDC_BODY and KAFAS that are implied by removing 5AP (decoding for no-dazzle high-beam assistance)?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 11:14 AM   #2855
gugin
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD-X4M40i View Post
Has anyone figured out how to have the light carpet come on when reversing yet ?
I have not seen any setting in Esys suggesting that something like that is even remotely possible. It is possible to code the cornering lights to come on when reversing (but you are in Europe, so this should already be enabled in your car). It used to be possible to code the door handle lights to come on when reversing, but BMW seems to have taken this option away.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 11:18 AM   #2856
JD-X4M40i
Private
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i G02

Yeah I had the door handle lights come on in my old M140i, always wanted similar in this car but I fear it won't ever be possible.
      03-14-2021, 02:20 PM   #2857
cowymo
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
A week ago, when I look under LaMaster1 under Body Control, there were nothing. Zero settings. The other night, out of curiosity, I opened the app and it says there is an update, so I updated it. Tried to access LaMaster one more time via Expert Mode. And WALA.. tons of settings appeared under LaMaster1.
U have to look under both LaMaster1 and LaMaster2 to find the 2 separate settings to change.

If my memory serves me correctly, to active VLD is
LaMaster1

LaMaster2

As for anti-glare, U have to search for
C_HBA_ENA set it to enable [01]
C_HBA_GRHB_ENA set to enable [01]
C_HBA_DIM *something* set to enable [01]

All the above settings are either in LaMaster1 or LaMaster2.

unfortunately I cannot give a more specific instruction as the X3 belongs to my parents. I can only gain access to it ever so often.

Hope this help!!

Quote:
How did you code anti-glare? Using BimmerCode? I thought BimmerCode does not allow access to the FLM module. Did you simply code the settings in BDC_BODY and KAFAS that are implied by removing 5AP (decoding for no-dazzle high-beam assistance)?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 03:25 PM   #2858
gugin
United_States
Rep

Quote:
As for anti-glare, U have to search for
C_HBA_ENA set it to enable [01]
C_HBA_GRHB_ENA set to enable [01]
C_HBA_DIM *something* set to enable [01]
C_HBA_ENA should already be enabled if your car has the high beam assistant option (5AC), which is a prerequisite for anti-dazzle high beams.

Coding C_HBA_GFHB_ENA and C_HBA_DIM_ENA in BDC_BODY to [01] is not enough. You also need to change C_FLA_GLAREFREE_HIGH_BEAM in KAFAS from 2_Step_FLA [00] to GlareFree_FLA [01]. This may be doable using BimmerCode. However, that's not the end. You then also need to change about 200 different settings in both the right and the left FLM modules which control the headlights. To my knowledge, BimmerCode cannot access these modules, so you need to use Esys.

What you have done is basically (1) enabled selective dimming of the high beam LEDs and (2) conditioned BDC_BODY to process anti-dazzle information that relates to locations of other cars on the road and to send the appropriate instructions to the FLM modules to create a shadow tunnel that shields the cars in front of you from high beam glare. You have not told KAFAS to send anti-dazzle information to BDC_BODY and you have not conditioned the FLM modules to correctly react to anti-dazzle information sent by BDC_BODY. As a result, the anti-dazzle functionality of your high beams is not working correctly. You should code it back the way it was because you are blinding other drivers.

To be clear: I completely understand that the high beams are "dancing" in front of your eyes as BDC_BODY is dimming them. Even with your partial coding, the high beams will be a lot more active compared to the default binary ON/OFF behavior. But the most important part of anti-dazzle--the shadow tunnel--is not functional in your car. What you should do is drive away from city lights to a rural area and follow a car. As you are following the car, look at its license plate and turn off the high beam assistant. Did the illumination of the license plate visibly drop? If so, it means that your headlights were not shielding the car in front of you before because they were not making the shadow tunnel. If you can ask a friend to drive in front of you, they can tell you if they are getting blinded by your high beams through their rear view mirror (they will need to look back if their rear view mirror is auto dimming). You cannot do this test in a metropolitan area with street lights because the high beams do not operate at full power in cities. They are still brighter than low beams but the brightness is tolerable to other drivers, especially since their pupils are contracted due to street lights.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2021, 02:57 AM   #2859
comber
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: 2021 X4 M40i

Hi. I posted this in the iDrive7 coding thread but seems to have less people than this one.

As some of you might know, I finally took delivery of my 2021 X4 M40i a week ago, and of course put all settings in Bimmercode as I had in my 2019 X3.

I also put M cluster, X4M logo, yellow-red limiter in rpm gauge with success...but I am not able to enable the M HUD. I have been trying to follow the instructions I found here, and I get a new M menu, but I see no option to select the M HUD and in consequence I can't see it.

I am Android, so search engine in BM APP is different than in iPhone, so I would be very grateful if someone could detail which settings have you changed exactly, and in which sub-menus of the modules, because I was also trying to change some others by myself with no succes, and I don't know what else to do. I had to restore my factory setting backup because I ended up not knowing what things had changed

Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 09:05 AM   #2860
cowymo
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Wow.. I didn't realize that are so many other settings to change. However as previously said, we have tested in a dark country road with no street lights, we literally saw the high beam turned away from oncoming traffic as well as moving away when following a car. So for one thing I'm sure we are not "high beaming" other drivers. When oncoming vehicle past us, we were not able to see our lights shining into the interior of other vehicles. But like you said, maybe the high beam was somehow not activated when the system detects surrounding vehicles and the full anti-glare with tunnel is not 100% activated.

I will try to dig a bit more into it. Thanks.

Quote:
C_HBA_ENA should already be enabled if your car has the high beam assistant option (5AC), which is a prerequisite for anti-dazzle high beams.

Coding C_HBA_GFHB_ENA and C_HBA_DIM_ENA in BDC_BODY to [01] is not enough. You also need to change C_FLA_GLAREFREE_HIGH_BEAM in KAFAS from 2_Step_FLA [00] to GlareFree_FLA [01]. This may be doable using BimmerCode. However, that's not the end. You then also need to change about 200 different settings in both the right and the left FLM modules which control the headlights. To my knowledge, BimmerCode cannot access these modules, so you need to use Esys.

What you have done is basically (1) enabled selective dimming of the high beam LEDs and (2) conditioned BDC_BODY to process anti-dazzle information that relates to locations of other cars on the road and to send the appropriate instructions to the FLM modules to create a shadow tunnel that shields the cars in front of you from high beam glare. You have not told KAFAS to send anti-dazzle information to BDC_BODY and you have not conditioned the FLM modules to correctly react to anti-dazzle information sent by BDC_BODY. As a result, the anti-dazzle functionality of your high beams is not working correctly. You should code it back the way it was because you are blinding other drivers.

To be clear: I completely understand that the high beams are "dancing" in front of your eyes as BDC_BODY is dimming them. Even with your partial coding, the high beams will be a lot more active compared to the default binary ON/OFF behavior. But the most important part of anti-dazzle--the shadow tunnel--is not functional in your car. What you should do is drive away from city lights to a rural area and follow a car. As you are following the car, look at its license plate and turn off the high beam assistant. Did the illumination of the license plate visibly drop? If so, it means that your headlights were not shielding the car in front of you before because they were not making the shadow tunnel. If you can ask a friend to drive in front of you, they can tell you if they are getting blinded by your high beams through their rear view mirror (they will need to look back if their rear view mirror is auto dimming). You cannot do this test in a metropolitan area with street lights because the high beams do not operate at full power in cities. They are still brighter than low beams but the brightness is tolerable to other drivers, especially since their pupils are contracted due to street lights.
Appreciate 0