BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-20-2018, 12:41 PM   #1
rockit2
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 F25 N55

X3 keyed yesterday

Well the wife took the X3 to work yesterday and corporate office big wigs were visiting so the parking lot was full of high end cars (RS7,g63,and so on) but our 11 f25 was keyed not sure why. I was getting ready to maybe get a new X3 m40i or the the new X3 M coming out but now having second thoughts of getting something newer, I am just venting and a guy's unwritten code is never mess with anothers Wife(family) and or car but everything else is fair game
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 07:08 PM   #2
Scout10
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X3 X28i

I always abided by never F with someones home, family.
guess we can add the wifeys car

key line down to the primer ?
do they have security cams there?
1965 Chevrolet Corvette 327 / 4spd Convt
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 08:32 PM   #3
Taoster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F25 n20

Could be a number of things: did she piss someone off somehow on the way to her destination? Did she take someone's parking spot when they were signaling first? Did she park too close to someone's driver door so they couldn't get in? Maybe she pissed someone off at work? Quite simply it could've been done by some bored youngster passing through. This can be a good reason to get a new paint job with a color you'd like more
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 09:22 AM   #4
Barbera335
Captain
Rep
Drives: F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taoster View Post
Could be a number of things: did she piss someone off somehow on the way to her destination? Did she take someone's parking spot when they were signaling first? Did she park too close to someone's driver door so they couldn't get in? Maybe she pissed someone off at work? Quite simply it could've been done by some bored youngster passing through. This can be a good reason to get a new paint job with a color you'd like more
You do realize it is very expensive to do a color change on a car. It requires painting door jams and under the hood and requires extensive disassembly. That would cost 3 times as much as just repairing the key scratch.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 11:54 AM   #5
marc x
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 stock

Yeah cars are fair game. Just be happy they didn't out a bomb under the driver's seat.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 12:03 PM   #6
rockit2
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 F25 N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taoster View Post

she could have done all those things and she is a human being and could have cut someone off in traffic or so but I have been cut off and parking spot stolen and so on but I have not ever keyed someones car because of what was done to me . I am over it now but it made me rethink an new $70k X3m40
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2018, 07:57 AM   #7
pokerface
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP

People are shit. Even our 1st gen Highlander was keyed before - and couldn’t think of any other reason other than it being shiny
Appreciate 0