BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-10-2022, 02:58 PM   #1
BLUX3Grumpy
Rep
Drives: Audi A4, Camaro SS

BMW Mountain View in California

Looking to order or buy my X3 from BMW Mountain View. I was wondering if any of you had dealings with them and what your experience has been like. Online reviews from Google and Yelp are either they loved it or hated it with no middle ground. Much of the comments some to center around service. Should I look elsewhere. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2022, 03:56 PM   #2
335dFan
Jumping Jack Flash
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Garage List
Well, you know this already, but you don't need to get it serviced the same place that you buy it. If you get a good deal from their Sales Department, take it. From where you are located, you probably have other dealer service options.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2022, 05:18 PM   #3
IAmSpeed
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4 M40i (G02)

Garage List
2023 BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
I had a good experience with Racheal Wagner from BMW Mountain View, easy to communicate with and responsive regardless email or text as far as I experienced. Service department is pretty average, just like any other BMWs in the area in my opinion but if you're looking for sales, I think you can give Racheal a shot!

To be transparent, I didn't get the best deal from Mountain View but eventually moved forward with them. With small variance in price, I rather purchase a vehicle from someone who's caring, understanding, and responsible. For me, experience matters, it's not all about money sometimes.
2004 Toyota Vios | 2004 BMW X3 | 2007 Chrysler Town and Country | 2007 Ford Escape | 2008 Honda CRV | 2017 Nissan Versa Note | 2017 Toyota RAV4 | 2017 Toyota Yaris iA | 2019 Porsche 911 | 2023 BMW X4 M40i
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2022, 08:23 PM   #4
brettl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 30i

I've bought 3 of my last 4 from Steven's creek (one at MV) had a hookup at Steven's Creek. That said I've been going to MV for service (I live next to Mountain View high school so it's super convenient). Mountain View service absolutely smokes Steven's creek, make friends with Daniel Martinez (service advisor) and bring the loaner car guy a bottle of wine, you won't regret it.
Little known fact, bmw MV and Fremont are related and talk to each other, so don't pit them against each other, however they do share inventory.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2022, 10:07 PM   #5
BLUX3Grumpy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthespeed View Post
I had a good experience with Racheal Wagner from BMW Mountain View, easy to communicate with and responsive regardless email or text as far as I experienced. Service department is pretty average, just like any other BMWs in the area in my opinion but if you're looking for sales, I think you can give Racheal a shot!

To be transparent, I didn't get the best deal from Mountain View but eventually moved forward with them. With small variance in price, I rather purchase a vehicle from someone who's caring, understanding, and responsible. For me, experience matters, it's not all about money sometimes.
Will have to reach out to Racheal. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2022, 10:09 PM   #6
BLUX3Grumpy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettl View Post
I've bought 3 of my last 4 from Steven's creek (one at MV) had a hookup at Steven's Creek. That said I've been going to MV for service (I live next to Mountain View high school so it's super convenient). Mountain View service absolutely smokes Steven's creek, make friends with Daniel Martinez (service advisor) and bring the loaner car guy a bottle of wine, you won't regret it.
Little known fact, bmw MV and Fremont are related and talk to each other, so don't pit them against each other, however they do share inventory.
Thanks for the insight. Agreed. A bottle of wine can be a good thing.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2022, 11:28 PM   #7
OddEighty
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3M40i

@brettl - Thanks for the tip regarding Mt View Service. I also live in Mt View and they're conveniently located as mentioned.

I placed my order from Mt View exactly two months ago and my build (23 X3M40i) is scheduled for Week 47. The experience was fine and nonchalant. Dan was my sales guy; I knew what I wanted (thanks to the research/info on this forum) and he answered the few questions I had. It's definitely a sellers market and I wasn't eyeing any particular dealership in the area. Dan has been really responsive since and was able to quickly make a couple of changes I requested (added PAP+drive recorder). One constructive feedback would be providing more details of the ordering process and more regular updates (Mygarage has always been down every since I got my production number).

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 09:36 AM   #8
CurryPuff
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: None

I bought my car from BMW MV last year. I had two to choose from that were on the way to the dealership. Leo Lunardi was my sales guy and he took the time to answer any questions I had, including multiple visits to confirm I was happy with the interior colour etc of the car and didn't push for getting the more expensive car out of two. He was honest in his opinion on some of the options on the car. On the day of delivery, turned the car from truck to me in a couple of hours as he knew I was in a time crunch. He didn't have to, but pushed my set up ahead of others. I'd buy again from him.

I've had my first service done at the same place, experience was fine, nothing overly special, but I did get a loaner from them. Booking in for a service is super easy online.
Appreciate 0