BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-20-2018, 11:51 AM   #1
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

**Any dealer info?** ZDA/ZDB conference call with BMWNA today?

I just got word that BMWNA is having a conference call with dealers today regarding all orders including ZDA/ZDB. Can any of our members here who work for a dealer comment on what’s going on? I know a few of us have orders in including these options and I’m sure I’m not the only anxious one. If I hear something, I’ll be sure to update this thread.

Fully Loaded
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2018, 06:48 PM   #2
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep

I’m guessing this call has already happened tonight? Anyone here anything?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 08:08 PM   #3
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep

So I got word... all current 2018 X3 orders (with ZDA/ZDB at least) have been cancelled and will be rolled over into 2019 orders. BMW (or maybe just my dealer) have agreed to keep all pricing/MF/discounts in place for the 2019 model. Also, the orders will be given first available allocation (SOP in August, hopefully for end of August delivery). Anyone else hear anything different? NH_F36 ??

Fully Loaded
Appreciate 1
smovva113.00
      06-22-2018, 10:08 PM   #4
abcsoup
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7 M60i, X3 M40i

Looks like you're getting an M-Sport steering wheel!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 07:33 AM   #5
Tchgrif
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i

I spoke with my sales manager about my soon arriving x4 yesterday, he told me there is a shortage of ZDA/ZDB and that BMW decided to switch priority of these to x4 production because it is new and they wanted a clean release.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 08:00 AM   #6
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep

Perhaps. Honestly, I’ve heard so many stories at this point for the reasoning behind it that I’ve lost track. I just know that as of now, I’ll be getting a 2019 with the same numbers as my 2018 order and it’s only costing me an extra month of waiting, so I’ll survive.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 08:22 AM   #7
C_lopopolo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmike View Post
Perhaps. Honestly, I’ve heard so many stories at this point for the reasoning behind it that I’ve lost track. I just know that as of now, I’ll be getting a 2019 with the same numbers as my 2018 order and it’s only costing me an extra month of waiting, so I’ll survive.
How did you find out about this? I was scheduled for a June production which eventually got bumped to end of July and is still showing as "Scheduled for production with no confirmed production date". Wondering if my dealer could give me additional info?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 09:05 AM   #8
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchgrif View Post
I spoke with my sales manager about my soon arriving x4 yesterday, he told me there is a shortage of ZDA/ZDB and that BMW decided to switch priority of these to x4 production because it is new and they wanted a clean release.
too bad we won't be getting the M-sport steering wheel as well
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 11:41 AM   #9
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep

I was in the exact same position. No production number, but scheduled for July allocation. I found out this information from my dealer. It’s 100% accurate. You should give your dealer a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_lopopolo View Post
How did you find out about this? I was scheduled for a June production which eventually got bumped to end of July and is still showing as "Scheduled for production with no confirmed production date". Wondering if my dealer could give me additional info?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 02:35 PM   #10
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
So I got word... all current 2018 X3 orders (with ZDA/ZDB at least) have been cancelled and will be rolled over into 2019 orders. BMW (or maybe just my dealer) have agreed to keep all pricing/MF/discounts in place for the 2019 model. Also, the orders will be given first available allocation (SOP in August, hopefully for end of August delivery). Anyone else hear anything different? NH_F36 ??
Makes sense - a week or so ago we let our Dealership know we were going to place an order for a 2019, so as soon as they heard anything just to let us know. Thinking it wouldn't be until Jul 6th (as I think someone shared that in another thread), we were pleasantly surprised to hear from them yesterday indicating that 2019s could now be ordered, so they did. Would make sense for those waiting on a 2018 with ZDA/ZDB to be first in line. And seems like a positive change for you as you'll receive the 710 steering wheel now!
Appreciate 1
ando2000.50
      06-23-2018, 03:30 PM   #11
C_lopopolo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW iX

Garage List
Quote:
I was in the exact same position. No production number, but scheduled for July allocation. I found out this information from my dealer. It’s 100% accurate. You should give your dealer a call.
Thanks, I will let you know what my dealer says. I asked my sales associate today and he wasn't sure and said he would look into it for me. Hoping that if it is the 2019 model they will keep price the same and honor my original trade-in value since I'm putting more and more miles on my trade-in every day.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 05:33 PM   #12
smovva
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 2019 X5

I concur; am in exact same position as PCMike and dealer offered me same deal as MY 2018 (except for the $150 increase in base price of car, all other packages were retained in my new build - DAP/DAP+, Premium, Executive, 20" wheels, Adaptive M suspension, HK Audio, rear shades, Wifi/Wireless, Trailer hitch) and a priority slot for production. My concern is to see if the rebates I was counting on ($1500 loyalty and $2000 BMW FS) will still be around... Otherwise I would have to defer purchase until end of year when the rebates may come back (if 2018 December is any indicator, they should). I guess addition of the M steering wheel and bump in model year is a good trade for the delay!

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 07:27 PM   #13
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep

All the incentives and rebates should be retained according to my dealer. The only unknown as of now is the residual value... even the money factor is supposedly being held the same.

For me it’s a bonus... proper steering wheel and I get to order M differential. My build (before the M differential) actually dropped $300 because you can’t just pay $300 outright for CarPlay. It’s now a free one year subscription and after that you gotta pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smovva View Post
I concur; am in exact same position as PCMike and dealer offered me same deal as MY 2018 (except for the $150 increase in base price of car, all other packages were retained in my new build - DAP/DAP+, Premium, Executive, 20" wheels, Adaptive M suspension, HK Audio, rear shades, Wifi/Wireless, Trailer hitch) and a priority slot for production. My concern is to see if the rebates I was counting on ($1500 loyalty and $2000 BMW FS) will still be around... Otherwise I would have to defer purchase until end of year when the rebates may come back (if 2018 December is any indicator, they should). I guess addition of the M steering wheel and bump in model year is a good trade for the delay!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 09:33 PM   #14
smovva
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 2019 X5

True, I had forgotten about CarPlay! I had added it at the last minute as its a $300 once and done option on MY2018 but an annual apple tax on MY2019...

Oh well, I am an android person so it was just a future proofing + make wife & her iStuff happy, so I can drop from my build now and blame BMW/Apple! I hear it can be s/w enabled later anyway (if wife throws a fit).

Still wary on being side swiped by dealer/BMW, especially as I can even tonite go and build a MY2018 with ZDA/ZDB on bmwusa configurator.

Quote:
All the incentives and rebates should be retained according to my dealer. The only unknown as of now is the residual value... even the money factor is supposedly being held the same.

For me it’s a bonus... proper steering wheel and I get to order M differential. My build (before the M differential) actually dropped $300 because you can’t just pay $300 outright for CarPlay. It’s now a free one year subscription and after that you gotta pay.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 02:30 AM   #15
darrylo
Head Idiot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 G01 X3 x30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by smovva View Post
Oh well, I am an android person so it was just a future proofing + make wife & her iStuff happy, so I can drop from my build now and blame BMW/Apple! I hear it can be s/w enabled later anyway (if wife throws a fit).
I'm an Apple fan, and I think BMW X3 carplay is useful mainly if you live in an area that needs constant map updates (new roads, new housing developments, etc.). If you don't need a lot of map updates, then the BMW nav is quite nice. Not only do you have nice nav graphics in the HUD, but BMW's nav does not need to download maps. This is a problem with carplay if you're in an area with spotty cell reception, such as the hinterlands or an underground parking garage. Note that an iPhone is still quite usable without carplay.

(Just to clarify: while Carplay is nice, BMW's nav and iDrive are pretty good. In other cars, with poorer nav/infotainment features, Carplay is much more useful.)
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 01:09 PM   #16
Tchgrif
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMdblU View Post
too bad we won't be getting the M-sport steering wheel as well
I am not as particular about the steering wheel. i sat in a different car with a similar m sport wheel and an X3 M40i and while there is a difference it's not that big of a deal to me the only slight issue is about how much better padding is on the msport wheel it felt thicker.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 08:32 PM   #17
Zorro1121
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i xDrive Gran Coupe

My first post here - have found so much valuable information on this forum.

I put in an order for an '18 X3 M40i in early June with ZDA, but not ZDB; just went into production end of last week.

I was disappointed when I realized the steering wheel differences in the '18s, coming from the M Sport wheel on my F36 (it's really about the thickness more than the look - both wheels look nice to me). Thanks to info posted in this forum, I compared the measurements of the standard X3 sport wheel to those of my wife's Lexus NX - almost identical. I don't mind the NX wheel, so hoping I won't miss the M Sport wheel too much. Not ideal, but the incentives on the '18 still seem worth it...
      06-24-2018, 09:26 PM   #18
KTMF
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchgrif View Post
I am not as particular about the steering wheel.
Blasphemy!
Appreciate 1
Tchgrif258.50
      06-25-2018, 12:32 AM   #19
darrylo
Head Idiot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 G01 X3 x30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro1121 View Post
I was disappointed when I realized the steering wheel differences in the '18s, coming from the M Sport wheel on my F36 (it's really about the thickness more than the look - both wheels look nice to me). Thanks to info posted in this forum, I compared the measurements of the standard X3 sport wheel to those of my wife's Lexus NX - almost identical. I don't mind the NX wheel, so hoping I won't miss the M Sport wheel too much. Not ideal, but the incentives on the '18 still seem worth it...
If you want a thicker steering wheel, just get a cover. See https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=19 and https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...86&postcount=6
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 01:48 PM   #20
DigiSage
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylo View Post
Don't covers mess with the steering wheel grip detection and disrupt lane keep assist? I mean, the manual warns against covers for that reason, but ... ?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 02:54 PM   #21
Amsterdave
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5d-MS & 2018 BMW X3 30i

Hmm... Our X3 xDrive30i went status 112 (scheduled for production) last week, so production was due to start early July. It was configured with the Ultimate Package (Canada) which includes Driver Assist Plus. Does this mean our production will be delayed as well and it will be a MY19 vehicle!? We are without a vehicle for my wife right now because her old lease ended, so that would be an inconvenience for us, but getting a MY19 for the MY18 price would be an advantage I guess...
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 11:44 PM   #22
zuhaib
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 328i

So what does this mean for someone in the market for a new X3 with ZDB? My current lease ends in July and it seems all the dealers in the SF Bay Area don't have any X3 with ZDB (A few have ZDA but really want ZDB). A few dealers are trying to talk me into putting my name down for a 2019 but I feel like at that point I will be paying MSRP which I really dont want to (and pushes me out of what I want to pay).
Appreciate 0