BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-27-2018, 05:32 AM   #1
rsgbimmer1
Rep
Drives: x3 xdrive 30i

"DOOR OPEN" safety concern - X3-30i

When the door is not fully closed, HUD/digital instrument cluster displays car's image indicating that the door is open for few seconds. If you miss that warning there is no evident ("audible sound") warning other than a small text "DOOR OPEN" displayed at the bottom of the digital cluster.

This happened a couple of time for me until I realized it while driving at reasonable speeds due to wind noise coming from the door.

Is there any configuration to set an audible warning if the car is moving with the door not fully closed.

My 2015 Camry does a better job of sounding an alarm in this case...

Any thoughts..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 03:50 AM   #2
SenseiSimple
Rep
Drives: Alpine White X3 M40i

Maybe that's why so many people are complaining about wind noise from the doors

The problem is made worse by the doors being so light that unless you pull them with force, they don't close all the way by their own weight (the hood too, you literally have to slam it so it'll close instead of just LOOK closed)

On my 2017 M240i if the car senses a door open to any capacity it abruptly switches the car to park if you try to drive off or reverse. It was jarring enough the first time that happened that I was conditioned to make sure the door was well shut before trying to drive like an electrocuted lab rat.

Last edited by SenseiSimple; 05-04-2018 at 07:25 AM..
Appreciate 1