BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-02-2020, 08:32 PM   #1
Razel
Rider and driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Cool Product Code Description

Looking for what the "Codes" mean in the ordering guide.
For example, "3AC" is a towing package. Almost sufficient info, but having something that says "Wiring harness, tow bar hardware, iDrive programming for rear camera" would be more helpful. When I got the tow package on my 2011, the documentation that came with it was great, but was also printed on 4 pages. Yeah, there's going to be limits.

Having said that, is there a bit of a write-up somewhere for 7MA and 7MN under the "ZCP" competition package listings?

Forum search came up with eleventy-three bazillion threads (my search-fu is weak); too many to go through for the answers I want. Google search for "BMW 7MA" showed a little promise but went way off track.

Do any of you know of a resource or thread that can dig deeper into these ordering guide codes? TIA

I work for Keyser Söze
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 12:16 AM   #2
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

BMWNA ZCP Competition Package = BMW AG 7MA Competition Package

ZCP is the dealer code used only in the USA.

Other BMW international market countries use code 7MN for the Competition Package and can package the options differently. When you run VIN decoder you'll see 7MA, 7MN listed and not ZCP.

Enclosed are the 7MN code examples for Slovenia, Switzerland and Finland. Note Slovenia and Finland reference BMW AG 7MA.

BMW Slovenia
Name:  01596431802.jpeg
Views: 1006
Size:  220.5 KB

BMW Switzerland
Name:  43B3BE6B-A5C8-494C-93DC-02C8365B5BFA.jpeg
Views: 992
Size:  351.7 KB

BMW Finland
Name:  01596433332.jpeg
Views: 1002
Size:  142.4 KB

Last edited by Auricom; 08-03-2020 at 01:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 01:45 AM   #3
Razel
Rider and driver
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
BMWNA ZCP Competition Package = BMW AG 7MA Competition Package

ZCP is the dealer code used only in the USA.
On the code sheets here (in the USA) under "ZPC" is "7MA" and "7MN". ZCP is a holding code for many other codes (a list tag, so to speak). Makes sense that it would be country (in this case, USA) specific.

Quote:
Other BMW international market countries use code 7MN for the Competition Package and can package the options differently. When you run VIN decoder you'll see 7MA, 7MN listed and not ZCP.
In the US, I'm not able to break down what either "7MA" or "7MN" has other then the generic "M" package of some sort. Here, there is a "4GQ" which shows to be "M seat belts" under ZCP which also includes "7MA". Google translate shows "4GQ M Sicherheitsgurte" as "4GQ M Seatbelts". It's redundant, but that's okay.

Quote:
Enclosed are the 7MN codes for:

1. BMW Slovenia
2. Switzerland
3. Finland

for reference. Note Slovenia and Finland reference BMW AG 7MA.
Czech is working for Google Translate. Umlats are difficult to find for translation, though .

Thanks for the info. This is a good start. I'm looking to find out what the $7000 ZCP package actually consists of to see where the $7000 for the competition package is at. So far, it's access to an additional trim package, additional seat leather, seats with a lighted "M" logo, more leather combinations, HP/Kw increase (but not Nm/torque which essentially translates to just a higher redline) providing a higher top-end speed cutoff.

Now, if the competition package also included a "look the other way" for tuners regarding the warranty (ha! ha!), then sure, I can see it. I don't need the presentation the "competition" package brings, so what else is there?

I work for Keyser Söze
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 10:10 AM   #4
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razel View Post
On the code sheets here (in the USA) under "ZPC" is "7MA" and "7MN". ZCP is a holding code for many other codes (a list tag, so to speak). Makes sense that it would be country (in this case, USA) specific.

In the US, I'm not able to break down what either "7MA" or "7MN" has other then the generic "M" package of some sort. Here, there is a "4GQ" which shows to be "M seat belts" under ZCP which also includes "7MA". Google translate shows "4GQ M Sicherheitsgurte" as "4GQ M Seatbelts". It's redundant, but that's okay.

Czech is working for Google Translate. Umlats are difficult to find for translation, though .

Thanks for the info. This is a good start. I'm looking to find out what the $7000 ZCP package actually consists of to see where the $7000 for the competition package is at. So far, it's access to an additional trim package, additional seat leather, seats with a lighted "M" logo, more leather combinations, HP/Kw increase (but not Nm/torque which essentially translates to just a higher redline) providing a higher top-end speed cutoff.

Now, if the competition package also included a "look the other way" for tuners regarding the warranty (ha! ha!), then sure, I can see it. I don't need the presentation the "competition" package brings, so what else is there?
For prior model year MY20, the X3/4M were sold as two models: X3/4M and X3/4M Competition. 7MA and 7MN was standard on Competition and not available on standard models. For MY21 BMW combined the model line up and created the ZCP Competition Package for buyers who wanted the Competition's larger output, badges, standard options (M Sport seats, M Sport exhaust, Extended Merino standard, shadowline trim, 21" wheels with perf/non-perf tire) and additional options.

MY20 X3/4 M and M Competition

Name:  BMW-X3M-X4M-guide-pricing-3.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  224.3 KB

Name:  BMW-X3M-X4M-guide-pricing-2.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  210.5 KB

Name:  BMW-X3M-X4M-guide-pricing.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  186.2 KB

Name:  BMW-X3M-X4M-guide-pricing-4.png
Views: 945
Size:  291.2 KB

Last edited by Auricom; 08-03-2020 at 10:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 11:50 AM   #5
Razel
Rider and driver
United_States
Rep

For the USA, the code sheets for 2020 and 2021 are pretty much the same, just laid out differently. Both show 7MA and 7MN as "competition" packages, but they don't break out what's in those packages.

I work for Keyser Söze
Appreciate 0