BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
ChrisAC
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 X3

New X3 Owner. Questions

Hey everyone,
Wife and I just picked up a new to us 2007 X3 this weekend.
Really enjoying it so far, but we've come across a few things we can't figure out.
Any and all help would be appreciated.

-We only got one key (so another will be ordered) and we can't seem to get it to unlock the car by pressing the buttons. Do you have to put the key into the driver's door in order to unlock the vehicle?

-Does anyone have recommendations on where to order a new key? We did not buy it from a BMW dealer, but we have one close by (in fact, the CARFAX shows that dealer was the original seller and also serviced the vehicle quite a bit).

-We can get the sound system (Business CD) to work on AUX with the Mrs.' ipod, but I can't seem to get it to RADIO at all.

-(Related to above question) I've read that a weak battery would shut down the radio. Would this let the AUX work, though? I've located the glove-box fuse box and I have the diagram, but I'm not 100% certain which fuse is for the radio, so I can check it. Anyone know where to locate it? I think I see one here with a CD drawing, and above that looks like a cassette drawing (no cassette or changer, just a CD in this one). This car was sitting on the lot for almost four months (they came down over $5K), so I'm thinking this might be related to the battery.

THANKS FOR THE HELP! I'm sure I'll have more questions to add shortly.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
mletchworth
Rep
Drives: 2007 X3, 2003 325i

Your key battery is probably dead. You could take it in to the dealer and have them charge it up for you, but they only seem to last about 5 years and then won't hold a charge.

You'll need to get your new key from the dealer. It'll cost about $175. They're pretty easy to program, but you need both keys to do it.

If your car battery is original (probably is) you'll want to replace that too. I bought my 07 from a used car dealer and they had put a cheapo battery in. It's quite a bit smaller than the stock battery, but seems to work fine. Autozone sells a direct replacement too.

Sorry, can't help with the radio issues.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 01:12 AM   #3
x3oiler
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0 Diesel

Try this site:

http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/e83...plete_vehicle/

Invaluable. You can trace the fuse number based on the build year and model details.
      07-10-2020, 10:59 PM   #4
dieslowsweetie
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Bmw x3 3.0si

Question on cold air intake

Is there any cold air intake systems I could install in my 2007 bmw x3 3.0si? Just curious I want my engine to run good.