BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-03-2019, 05:35 PM   #23
X3MSteve
Private
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4SW View Post
Thanks for all the advice. Much appreciated. Looks like I need to grab one now.

I'm after Donington Grey, black leather or black beige leather, carbon trim. In terms of extras a pan roof, comfort pack, enhanced bluetooth with wireless charging would be nice.

I better get on the phone unless anybody knows of one knocking about ?!

Think I got the last one with that spec.

Donnington Grey, Black Leather

Comfort, Pan Roof, SunPro, Drive Assist Plus, Park Assist Plus, Carbon Trim, Enhanced Bluetooth, Carplay, Ventilated Seats, Heated Front&Rear Seats

There is a Donington Grey with the Tartufo Leather about that my dealer showed me... Will screenshot the spec...
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 05:41 PM   #24
X3MSteve
Private
Rep

See attached, they were both available as of friday so possibly gone now
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 11:13 PM   #25
zeusrazvy
Private
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3MSteve View Post
What kind of contributions they offered?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 03:25 PM   #26
X3MSteve
Private
Rep

Depends on the dealer you use
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 04:07 PM   #27
Richierich32
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d in White

Quote:
I'm after this spec!!

Which dealer is it?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 04:20 PM   #28
daltonvaas
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC (on order)

Quote:
The second one is the one I bought....on Friday!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 02:06 PM   #29
X3MSteve
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richierich32 View Post
I'm after this spec!!

Which dealer is it?
Sorry I've just seen this, any dealer can access the stock if you ask them
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 02:21 AM   #30
bennyboy77
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3Msport 3.0d

What do people mean when they say ‘discount’

When people talk about £20-22k ‘discount’. Do they mean that is the level of discount off the car? Plus then receive a £5k contribution from BMWFS?

Or do they mean £15-17k discount and then the £5k contribution from BMWFS.

I’ve done my deal now, probably should have checked before I did the deal......however I feel pretty happy with the result.

Also a lot of people seem to be opting for Ceramic paint protection. As with most I expect, I will be handing my car back so wondering if this is worth it? Obviously the car would look better for it and be easier to keep clean etc.... First new car I’ve bought in a long time and first ever in finance so just trying to weigh things up.

Appreciate the help and looking forward to my pick up.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 03:04 AM   #31
X3MSteve
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyboy77 View Post
When people talk about £20-22k ‘discount’. Do they mean that is the level of discount off the car? Plus then receive a £5k contribution from BMWFS?

I’ve done my deal now, probably should have checked before I did the deal......however I feel pretty happy with the result.

Also a lot of people seem to be opting for Ceramic paint protection. As with most I expect, I will be handing my car back so wondering if this is worth it? Obviously the car would look better for it and be easier to keep clean etc.... First new car I’ve bought in a long time and first ever in finance so just trying to weigh things up.

15-17K plus 5k

If you look at the pcp paperwork it adds the finance deposit as part of the car deposit and just shows the discounted price for the car (i.e with contribution taken off).

Just spotted you're north west too, how are you doing for insurance? My L post code hasn't been kind to me.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 03:08 AM   #32
zeusrazvy
Private
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

Quote:

Congrats,

What deal you got in the end and what configuration? Have you traded in your x3 30d?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 04:28 AM   #33
bennyboy77
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

I’m the east side of North West, OL.

I really don’t know what to think of with insurance costs I’ve had company cars for 20 yrs. The current X3 is my wife’s and we are keeping that. However compared to my wife’s insurance who is fully no claimed up been driving for 20 years etc... and pays just over £700, I’m paying £1,216 with Admiral inc business use. Only 10,000 miles total though but in comparison with my wife I’m pretty happy.

One thing I would say is I checked Martin Lewis and he said that 21 days prior to insurance date is the time to get the best quote. I checked it and compared to my quote 30 days prior, day 22 was my cheapest with a swing of more than 10%! Not sure if they stopped reducing the price as I got a quote every day, but still reasonably happy with that price.

Thanks also for discount info. I see the discount on the car order to create the net total pre-finance and the £5k as a separate line in the deposit section when financing the net amount so all good. Thankfully I’m in the very top end of that bracket and got extras too 36mth GAP,RIS, 36 mth wheel Tyre ins and a full tank of fuel included. Though like many others I ended up compromising as the car I negotiated on had gone when dealer firmed up with BMW UK. as were the next 3 and I really xxxxed off and told them I wanted my deposit back and walked away. However the dealer came back on the 4th attempt with two options that he had fully 100% confirmed and roughly I got a spec I was happy with. And because of the faffing and clearly me being ready to walk a deal was done.

Basically donnington, black leather, panoramic roof, comfort pack, Apple car play, enhanced wireless, rear seat heating, sun protection. The one thing I really wanted was the 360 degree parking thing. Got the 360 camera on my current car and very good to stop any wheel dings and for me at least not park like a prxxx.

Anyway really appreciate the feedback. Still unsure on the Ceramic paint protection. I actually paid for the cosmetic insurance as I got all the other ones thrown in, so in theory should be able to keep the car looking good and get any scuffs / chips sorted. From what I see to get the longer term protection it’s £1-2k and as I’m essentially just renting the car I might just save the money.

Thanks all.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 05:49 AM   #34
kzg1969
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp / M3 E93

Quote:

the deals were typically +£15k of discount and £5k finance contribution. Think the best i saw was £24k i total. I was just over £20k.

Ive done my lasst 3 cars in ceramic. RS was professional and 335d/wifes car DIY. This time i am going a different route - PPF to stop stone chips and try the new Turtlewax hybrid wax. Then if i decide to keep at 3years, will get it detailed then to make it like new again.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 05:55 AM   #35
bennyboy77
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks. I’ll get a couple of quotes for the ceramic. Had thought about ppf, but again will likely be handing the car back.

I’m fortunate that my company car doesn’t go back for another couple of months so I can leave the car with a detailer to get the ceramic done and not be inconvenienced.

Thanks for help. Have you run yours in yet? Sounds a bit like driving miss daisy for first 1,200 miles before you can have all the fun of the torque. We don’t reckon I’ll need my RIS until May given mile mileage at the moment....
Appreciate 0