BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-15-2023, 09:34 AM   #1
nebula
Rep
Drives: e90 - 2007 335i

Air leak at MAF housing and air box connection

I've been trying to hunt down what appears to be an air or boost leak, and I just discovered that I have a pretty large air leak where the airbox meets the MAF housing on my 2018 X4 M40i N55 EWG.

Everything appears to be on properly and seated correctly including the odd rubber gasket that can only go on one way (P/N: 13717571359 or see 2nd photo). This connection seems to have a lot of places that could leak, so I'm not sure what the problem is except that I know exactly where the leak is coming from (see red circle in 1st photo/yellow line is just to show similar area that is more visible-ignore missing hose clamp, I purposely have it off at the moment).

Is there a trick to getting this to seal correctly, or maybe this version is prone to leak in certain spots? Is there a better airbox option that I might eliminate this issue? Any advice or thoughts appreciated!

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0