BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-03-2023, 04:22 AM   #1
anonX4m40i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 X4 M40i

coding

hello all,

i purchased a used 2017 x4m40i that HAD apple carplay but the iDrive maps were still factory from a version in 2016. i wanted those updated so i asked the dealership to do this for me. unfortunately in this process they crashed the head unit and basically had to reset everything back to factory; now apple carplay is gone and the map/software version is even older than it was when i bought it. they're telling me they opened a case with BMW on this but i'm not optimistic that'll get me anywhere so i'm looking into doing this myself.

i purchased this enet cable from amazon below and i'm diving into this but running into issues. basically i want carplay back, updated system maps, and i want to turn on/off some of those coding options that appear available to me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

for e-sys, i'm using the following link and i'm stuck on the "setup est token". its saying there should be 2 folders "patch" and "tokengenerator" but that is not the case.

https://roaduniverse.com/how-to-set-...or-bmw-coding/

has anyone out there done this before? i did try the search function but it seems everyone here just knows how to do this and i could use some help

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2023, 06:23 AM   #2
anonX4m40i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 X4 M40i

if anyone cares... i ended up purchasing launcher pro from tokenmaster's site. it worked yesterday but today it looks like his site is down. hope i didn't just waste $50
Appreciate 0