BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-14-2020, 01:11 PM   #1
jsn_e92
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X4 M40i

Front lip add on

Just installed front lip on the M40i...
love to hear your thoughts..
[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
AlexFL7836.00
      06-17-2020, 05:22 PM   #2
G16
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsn_e92 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
Looks good, is that the alpina lip?
Appreciate 1
jsn_e9215.50
      06-17-2020, 09:17 PM   #3
IAMPRATTE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i MSport

Looks great!!!!
Where did you purchase it?
      06-18-2020, 06:44 AM   #4
jsn_e92
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G16 View Post
Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]
Looks good, is that the alpina lip?
No, just a knock of 3D version from eBay.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 06:45 AM   #5
jsn_e92
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKET AL View Post
Looks great!!!!
eBay knock of. 3D version of it
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 09:11 PM   #6
IAMPRATTE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i MSport

Quote:
Quote:
Looks great!!!!
Do you recall the eBay seller? I want the same.
      06-19-2020, 10:33 PM   #7
jsn_e92
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Looks great!!!!
Do you recall the eBay seller? I want the same.
3D Style Carbon Fiber Front Add-on Lip For 2014-2017 BMW F26 X4 M-Sport

Psimotorsports is the eBay store
Appreciate 1
      06-20-2020, 11:51 PM   #8
CharlieVu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i x-drive Melbourn RED

I like it!! Looks really good almost 3 piece look I'm going for. Is there a lip that will cover the bottom grill like the 3/4 series? Was looking at the ac s. front splitters too.
jsn_e9215.50
      06-21-2020, 07:44 AM   #9
CharlieVu
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Found this one last night. Might order it for my bday next month. It covers the bottom of the lower grill.
Attached Images

06-21-2020, 07:47 AM   #10
jsn_e92
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieVu View Post
Found this one last night. Might order it for my bday next month. It covers the bottom of the lower grill.
Where is this lip from, can you send me link? I like to see it... I might pull the switch on'em

Lol
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 08:39 AM   #11
CharlieVu
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Where is this lip from, can you send me link? I like to see it... I might pull the switch on'em

Lol
Found it on eBay lol!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283781114267
      06-21-2020, 08:41 AM   #12
jsn_e92
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lol
Found it on eBay lol!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283781114267
Says it won't fit M40i sports
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 08:32 AM   #13
reillyrocks
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: audi s4

re: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283781114267

Guys, i just came across this thread and wanted to share my experience with this style lower front spoiler. For all intents and purposes i have the identical front end to you on my 2015 X3 msport and have mounted this spoiler. I wanted to love it but mine came in with a pretty crap fit. Note please in the center area there is a gap of almost 1/2in that should sit flush. The piece does not fit well and mine is attached by Gorilla 50lb double sided tape. The one in the photos has suffered fading and loss of coloration from the winter salt and i never clear coated it or put a film over it. So i bought a new one that is stuck in the unending late shipment vortex from China. I bought mine on ebay from a seller who is no longer selling them. He insists it is on a boat but i am skeptical now. I just wanted to make sure that i let you know the fit is not great and although it looks ok from ten feet, its not a great fit at the wheel wells or the outer lower grill surfaces.

I am getting my car ceramic coated and have to remove this spoiler to get the complete treatment. The problem is that this will prevent me from reattaching the spoiler with tape again as nothing will stick on the ceramic coating. So I could leave it attached and have the ceramic coating worked 'around' that area. However, I am thinking of scrapping this spoiler and selling my replacement if it ever arrives. I like the spoiler now in the top view of OP. I think i'm going to buy that route instead because i may be able to screw that into the bottom of my valance without a crappy gap like the bigger version i have now. Ideally i will ask my ceramic tech to leave the very bottom uncoated so that I can do the Gorilla 50lb double sided tape again.

I'm pretty sure this is the direction i am going. Yes, its hard to admit defeat with my 2nd 'new' spoiler in the delivery pipeline but the smaller spoiler seems to best fit my plan for fitment and the upcoming ceramic coating application. I will be sure to post up some pics again the next month or two if anyone has any further interest. Anyway just wanted to let you all know my experience with the attached pics of my car. Let me know if you want more pics or details.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 12:22 AM   #14
CharlieVu
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by reillyrocks View Post
Guys, i just came across this thread and wanted to share my experience with this style lower front spoiler. For all intents and purposes i have the identical front end to you on my 2015 X3 msport and have mounted this spoiler. I wanted to love it but mine came in with a pretty crap fit. Note please in the center area there is a gap of almost 1/2in that should sit flush. The piece does not fit well and mine is attached by Gorilla 50lb double sided tape. The one in the photos has suffered fading and loss of coloration from the winter salt and i never clear coated it or put a film over it. So i bought a new one that is stuck in the unending late shipment vortex from China. I bought mine on ebay from a seller who is no longer selling them. He insists it is on a boat but i am skeptical now. I just wanted to make sure that i let you know the fit is not great and although it looks ok from ten feet, its not a great fit at the wheel wells or the outer lower grill surfaces.

I am getting my car ceramic coated and have to remove this spoiler to get the complete treatment. The problem is that this will prevent me from reattaching the spoiler with tape again as nothing will stick on the ceramic coating. So I could leave it attached and have the ceramic coating worked 'around' that area. However, I am thinking of scrapping this spoiler and selling my replacement if it ever arrives. I like the spoiler now in the top view of OP. I think i'm going to buy that route instead because i may be able to screw that into the bottom of my valance without a crappy gap like the bigger version i have now. Ideally i will ask my ceramic tech to leave the very bottom uncoated so that I can do the Gorilla 50lb double sided tape again.

I'm pretty sure this is the direction i am going. Yes, its hard to admit defeat with my 2nd 'new' spoiler in the delivery pipeline but the smaller spoiler seems to best fit my plan for fitment and the upcoming ceramic coating application. I will be sure to post up some pics again the next month or two if anyone has any further interest. Anyway just wanted to let you all know my experience with the attached pics of my car. Let me know if you want more pics or details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reillyrocks View Post

Thank you for this info. I really like it n can notice the gap.