BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-30-2015, 02:40 PM   #45
cesaroctavio_80
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 3 Series F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truls View Post
Mine also has some sort of rattle/creak from the trunk when I drive in small bumps or on uneven surface

I think maybe it's the lid that moves on its stoppers
I'm trying to solve these ones there’s a lot of info in X3 forums, but it could also work

Check this links
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ghlight=rattle

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...ghlight=rattle
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2015, 04:35 AM   #46
Scandic24
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: X4 30d MSport

After 6 months of weird and unresolved faults, my X4 is going back to the dealer...permanently.
Still love the model so I'll be ordering a new one asap.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2015, 10:43 AM   #47
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandic24 View Post
After 6 months of weird and unresolved faults, my X4 is going back to the dealer...permanently.
Still love the model so I'll be ordering a new one asap.
Sad to hear, will you change your build? How did you get the dealer to take it back?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 04:29 AM   #48
Scandic24
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4guy View Post
Sad to hear, will you change your build? How did you get the dealer to take it back?
Yes, this time I'm opting for M sport and some additional extras from what I have in my current ride. Can't decide which color though.

It all came down to basics: a factory fresh car of a premium brand should be in perfect working condition. Mine wasn't.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 11:29 AM   #49
djrobx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X4 m40i Flamenco Red

I found that there's quite a bit of creaking/buzzing from the trunk area that comes from where the rear speakers are mounted. Almost seems like BMW stopped caring about silencing noises that come from back there.

The biggest offender seems to be where the small plastic "deck" meets / is wedged into / the curve of of the roof/hatch lid. The hard plastic rear deck speaker covers also have no gaskets or felt to keep them from buzzing/creaking against the hard plastic surface.

I took some thick rubber tape and wedged some into the problem areas to silence most of it. That area looks like quite a pain to disassemble to fix properly.

The very beginning song "The Wanted - Chasing the Sun" plays a noise out the rear speakers that seems to hit the resonant frequency perfectly. It's not a bass note, it's a decidedly midrange "noise" that buzzes back there like crazy in mine.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 09:43 AM   #50
cesaroctavio_80
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 3 Series F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrobx View Post
I found that there's quite a bit of creaking/buzzing from the trunk area that comes from where the rear speakers are mounted. Almost seems like BMW stopped caring about silencing noises that come from back there.

The biggest offender seems to be where the small plastic "deck" meets / is wedged into / the curve of of the roof/hatch lid. The hard plastic rear deck speaker covers also have no gaskets or felt to keep them from buzzing/creaking against the hard plastic surface.

I took some thick rubber tape and wedged some into the problem areas to silence most of it. That area looks like quite a pain to disassemble to fix properly.

The very beginning song "The Wanted - Chasing the Sun" plays a noise out the rear speakers that seems to hit the resonant frequency perfectly. It's not a bass note, it's a decidedly midrange "noise" that buzzes back there like crazy in mine.
A few pictures will be nice
tks
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2015, 01:02 AM   #51
Jypsie
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i Carbon Black

Yes please, it will help a lot to understand what exactly you did. I have a similar issue (not that it bothers me that much), but have been looking to see how to address it and have not found it yet.....
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 03:28 AM   #52
FarNorth
Rep
Drives: .

Last edited by FarNorth; 09-03-2015 at 06:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 01:26 PM   #53
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Bump on this thread, nothing new to report 2 years later?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 01:37 PM   #54
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
only bug i have is, connectdrive on car cant communicate with my galaxy note edge to play pandora...it works fine with bluetooth.

album art display- on radio preset i was able to see graphic of each station on 2015 x3 but not on 2016 x4.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 09:17 AM   #55
Scandic24
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Traded my lemon for the 30d Msport in nov 2015. No issues at all so far, knock on wood.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 11:24 AM   #56
bmwpc
Private
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
Intermittant Auto Hatch Opening

Like many, my hatch opening with the foot "sweeping" is very unreliable. I had been doing it from side to side at different heights and speeds. I then read the owners manual again and noted it said to stand about an arms length away and instead of "sweeping" your foot ,on mine(X4M40i) to "kick" the foot straight ahead like you were kicking a ball. Well, well. So I immediately went out and tried the "correct" method. No chage in operational consistancy. I guess I'll ask the dealer about it when I make my first visit.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 12:12 PM   #57
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwpc View Post
Like many, my hatch opening with the foot "sweeping" is very unreliable. I had been doing it from side to side at different heights and speeds. I then read the owners manual again and noted it said to stand about an arms length away and instead of "sweeping" your foot ,on mine(X4M40i) to "kick" the foot straight ahead like you were kicking a ball. Well, well. So I immediately went out and tried the "correct" method. No chage in operational consistancy. I guess I'll ask the dealer about it when I make my first visit.
I had this issue but realized was doing it wrong, you kick forward and out don't go side to side.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 12:32 PM   #58
Scandic24
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4guy View Post
I had this issue but realized was doing it wrong, you kick forward and out don't go side to side.
I learned from this video. Works every time:
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 02:23 PM   #59
bobmos
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i, 2015 Z4 35i

I picked up a 1 year old X4 a couple of months ago. I negotiated a GPS and software update at the time of purchase (I remember the shop foreman tell me to always do this!). About 2 weeks later, while driving to work (10 minutes from home), the Connected Drive screen rebooted completely.... shut down my satellite radio and hung up on my phone call. It rebooted quickly and came back on different stations... then every 3 minutes it rebooted again. Drove it to the dealer and they witnessed it happening. Into the shop for a new sofware reload. A few days later... reboot after reboot. Back to the shop. This time they put in a brand new headunit... had to sort that out with Sirius, but all seemed fine. If I don't drive it for 2 or 3 days, when I start it some of my settings are gone and the radio is set to AM (can't remember the last time I intentionally listened to AM)... but no reboot. Spoke to the foremen and his first question was if the time and date settings were correct. They were. He is confounded again. I hope it doesn't persist. My last 3 BMW's didn't have 3 shop visits beteween them (apart from scheduled service)!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 01:45 PM   #60
pr0gi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 40i, X3 M40i

Sooo I bought the X4 May 2016 and the only issue I have since the beginning is some noises from the front. First, I thought it is the suspension (the noise was coming somewhere from the left front side of the car). I have the M sport suspension. Honestly, didn't go to the service to check it immediately since I had so much work and because I was not hearing this noise all the time but just when going over bumps at corners and not every time. Although, there were few same corners where i could replicate the noise. I left it like that. On my first vehicle check I completely forgot to tell BMW to check it. But at my second oil change I told them and they said the suspension is at perfect state we even went for a ride but no noise. At the moment the car is about 60k km and drives as it is was just bought. However, few weeks ago in the process of cleaning my steering wheel I heard the exact same noises when the pushing the locked steering wheel. I guess it is something do to with the steering rack. Don't know if you have experienced this but when I have time I will go to BMW and see what they will find.
      08-01-2016, 09:33 PM   #61
bimmerdiesel
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335d, G07 M50i, F26 X4

Garage List
2022 bmw X7 M50i  [0.00]
2016 BMW X4  [0.00]
2009 BMW 335D  [0.00]
Bought new to me 2016 x28 and couple of issues/concerns
1. Some noise coming from rear/trunk area when going over bumpy road. Unable to figure out where is the noise coming from.
2. I never got a front collision warning no matter how close I m to the vehicle in front of me. : if it's working or not. I obviously don't want to a real test.
3. Same thing with pedestrian warning. Never saw that message either
4. Head up display is very basic. I was hoping to see some colors. I m looking for some coding options.
5. Blind spot monitoring light is not so visible in bright day light.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 11:05 AM   #62
m7mad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G30 540i

No one here experience wind noises coming from driver and passenger windows at highway speeds. It seems like I'm the only one here with this issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 02:52 PM   #63
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m7mad View Post
No one here experience wind noises coming from driver and passenger windows at highway speeds. It seems like I'm the only one here with this issue.
Mine quiet like a church mouse.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 08:07 PM   #64
Jazzster
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 X4 M40i (Melbourne Red)

Quote:
I listened to mine again today as well and didn't hear anything excessive.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 08:14 AM   #65
JuzMe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X4; E92 M3

Quote:
+1. I have the same issue. Trying to figure out whether it's road noise or wind noise
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 04:38 PM   #66
DBU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4MC - Marina Bay Blue

LED Headlights (fuzzy)

I love the white color of my LED headlights. But the the upper edge is very fuzzy compared to the BMW Xenon lights I am used to. If I point the car at a wall at night, the upper transition from white to "nothing" is not clearly defined. Has anyone noticed this? A photo of your LEDs against a wall would be helpful in determining whether my car has an issue or not.
Appreciate 0