BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-20-2024, 01:13 PM   #1
fambemmi
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

How reliable are the charge stats in the app?

I have a second hand iX3, and I'm wondering if I can use the charge stats in the app to get an estimate of the total battery capacity and battery degradation. The My BMW app shows how much energy was charged in each session and the battery charge percentage in the beginning and at end of the session. And from this it should be possible to calculate how many kilowatt hours 100% of the battery is.

However, I'm getting a number that seems too high. For example, most recently I charged from 24% to 90% according to the app, and this was about 50 kWh, again according to the app. This would mean that 66% of my battery is 50 kWh, and therefore a full battery would be 76 kWh, which is more than the 74 kWh usable capacity in the car spec.

Are the figures in the app somewhat inaccurate, or what might be causing the discrepancy in the numbers? Or maybe my math is off.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 11:08 AM   #2
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

There are electrical losses in the charging process. Some will be in the charger, and some in the battery. So probably about right.
Appreciate 0