BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-07-2018, 10:29 PM   #1
Scout10
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X3 X28i

Service Visit 15 days

A continue of prior issues. On to the BMW Service center (2017 X28i @ 17K miles)
1. Rattle in front right suspension
FIX:
on this their 2nd attempt it was fixed by replacement of the Strut. the 1st attempt a link and bushing were said to be replaced, i never
saw any paperwork that said that before. I do have it on paper this time + p/n

2. idrive/nav/comm/radio head would go DEAD, shut off, black screen then about 10 to 30 seconds later come back on as if nothing
happened. other symptoms were sometimes would not recognize a paired phone, couldn't edit contacts when phone was USB connected.
would not recognize different FOB's (#1, 2, or 3), and a few chase your tail nav issues.
FIX:
Hu-H2 was showing internal hardware issues, reset issue fault E1C440 and a few other items. REPLACED the HeadUnit, programmed, encoded,
update and install latest (1-2018) navigation. ALL the issues are gone and its doing things it never did before ! and quicker, but good things !

( i have noticed after i paired my phone again that its shows the phone paired to slot 1 and also ready in slot 2?
If i delete it from slot 2 . . . . it deletes both slots and i have to reinstall the phone. ? Haven't tried to pair a second
phone as yet.

When i dropped it off for these items + oil change. They asked if i can leave it till they fix it ? ? ? Never heard that before, but luckily the wife
was out of town so i used her car, for the first 12 days. then i took her car out of town and BMW gave her a Dodge Caravan as a loaner for the
next 3 days. (Her CR-V is a great short hop & around town vehicle. It is not a road car, did 1200 miles in it, can i get the X3 back, please?!)

EVERYTHING covered under warranty So if you run into these symptoms . .. . . . . there is a reason ?
now if they could only fix the hesitation from a traffic light . . . maybe next time ?
1965 Chevrolet Corvette 327 / 4spd Convt

Last edited by Scout10; 06-08-2018 at 09:35 AM..
Appreciate 0