BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-30-2018, 04:47 PM   #1
sari25
Registered
Rep
Drives: F25

Does anyone have any experience flashing a faulty ECU module

A little background about my issue
Code:
4 days ago I screwed my DSC ECU while coding it in BMWAi(I didn't know Tokenmaster re-released the premium launcher), at first everything was working fine, the day after, my fuel sensor stopped working so checked with Rheingold and it returned with these errors.
Code : Description 
8020BB : Tank Fill-level sensor: right: short circuit to positive or open circuit
CD9433 : Message (Kilometre reading/range, 0-x330) signal invalid
E12C03 : Fuel level sensor, right short ciruit to B+
: Can/flexray system analysis interface fault information signal invalid
Anyways I've injected CAFD and Coded DSC and everything working fine,
and to eliminate and narrow all possible errors I checked everything regarding Tank-fill sensor and everything returned fine but I did notice 2 things
While doing to diagnosis procedure in Rheingold the windows Showed no I-step for the ECU responsible for the Fuel sensors and when I doing the "Incorrect needle position" procedure it failed immediately with an error about corrupted software which needs to be reprogrammed.

I am not sure which ECU is responsible for the issue, is it DME or KOMBI or something else.
also I am not really sure how to go about doing this I've already read the guide on how to flash ECU but all of them were focused on flashing a new version which I don't really want to do at the moment so I was wondering if there is something else I should be doing if I want to flash/reprogram my ECU to the same I-step level

P.S: Sorry for the wall of text I lack ability to explain stuff in few words.

Last edited by sari25; 05-30-2018 at 07:29 PM..
Appreciate 0