BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-13-2019, 05:24 PM   #1
F30NFifty5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335i XDrive 6mt / e83 X3

First Mod: Tinted Tail Lights + Low Beam Bulb Replacement

So as mentioned in previous posts, this X3 was bought for my lady as a commuter car. She has some exterior mods in mind so I decided to go ahead and fulfill one, smoked taillights. I went to a local shop in queens called Speed World. Costed me about $100 and took about an hr to complete. There were 3 variations of black tint so I chose the medium toned being that we still wanted to see some of the red accents. Overall, I'm happy with the finished product and so is she.

I also got around to replacing a blown low beam bulb today. The driver side was straight forward but the passenger required removing one bolt on the windshield washer reservoir so you can push the tank to the side. Once the reservoir was out of the way, installation was the same as the driver side. I picked up Silver Star ultra H7's because I've heard good reviews about the brightness of the bulb. I took some pics after installing just the driver side Silver Star to show a comparison of the Silver Star and a regular halogen bulb. Low beams are significantly brighter. Definitely worth the extra $$$.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0