BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-29-2023, 01:33 PM   #23
Vervish
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

Now if someone could figure this one out - I can sleep better at night.

Happens randomly after shutdown - has not happened since November I think. Noise is coming from the engine bay..can;t pinpoint the cause tho.

https://youtube.com/shorts/FK91Z9bub6Y?feature=share
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2023, 01:51 PM   #24
bluefan-g20
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M340xi

center channel speaker was the culprit

2023 M340xi - beeping just like @grubbab's video

Took to dealer and they replicated the problem (after sharing that video above) and replaced hte center channel speaker under warranty - problem solved.

Latest software update to iDrive in late Oct 2023 did not fix - replacement speaker hardware solved it. So I guess its a speaker defect?

To other posters who had speaker replaced and it didn't solve, I wonder if there is a batch of bad components that was still in circulation. Work done Nov 2023.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2023, 07:00 AM   #25
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefan-g20 View Post
2023 M340xi - beeping just like @grubbab's video

Took to dealer and they replicated the problem (after sharing that video above) and replaced hte center channel speaker under warranty - problem solved.

Latest software update to iDrive in late Oct 2023 did not fix - replacement speaker hardware solved it. So I guess its a speaker defect?

To other posters who had speaker replaced and it didn't solve, I wonder if there is a batch of bad components that was still in circulation. Work done Nov 2023.
It’s a ground loop issue and the RAM module is trash. I currently have a tweeter with a white noise that drives me nuts…..Black Friday bavaudio needs to get here already…
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2023, 01:16 PM   #26
Alex X3 Spain
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x3, bmw 5

Mine beep is different, comes from under the steering wheel, constantly either one or two short or long beeps, brand new X3 2023! No issues, just the annoying beeping! No particular logic or intervals! Beeps both when on and off, hopefully it stops when I leave the car, but who knows! No solution yet, nobody knows anything! I would recommend never buying bmw in future! I had bmw as a first car so I know better, but my company issued it to me, so here I am looking for solution for yet another bmw problem!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 09:57 PM   #27
LBMW3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3

Still have the issue in my '21 X3. The pattern is intermittent short and long beeps, like the OP describes. It definitely sounds like it's coming from the steering column area. The beep pattern does not sound constant like it does the dash speaker video.

Over the past 2 years I've noticed a few things. The beep occurs much less often than when the car was new. Now it goes away for months at a time, sometimes long enough for me to forget about it completely then it suddenly starts up one day. When it does come back it doesn't go on as long either, it seems to happen for a day, maybe two days then stops again for months. I've also realized that I notice it most often when HVAC is fully off. When I hear it, if I turn on the HVAC even at the lowest fan setting with no AC, the beep instantly stops and it does not restart if HVAC is turned off again, at least not immediately. I've started driving with HVAC on all the time on the lowest fan just to see if it prevents the noise from starting.

The car is leased and I have had it at the dealer more than once for this. They can never replicate it. I have sent them several videos that capture it. It was escalated to regional level and the only response I got was that they knew of other reports but had no answer. I called every local BMW dealer and one said they had a 2021 X5 with the same issue and it was never solved. The lease is up in May and equity is in my favor so I'm strongly considering buyout this time. But this beep issue has me concerned. There are a few other annoying issues with the 2021 but the beep is the worst of them.

Last edited by LBMW3; 02-15-2024 at 10:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 06:03 PM   #28
Eranko
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3

2023X3 slight and faint beeping intermittently. Not associated with AC or heat or anything that I can figure out. Driving me crazy. Help!
Appreciate 0