BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-22-2019, 01:55 PM   #1
nakamuru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: mazda3, vw passat, suzuki vita

Corporate fleet ownership car fax

I saw x3 2018 I wanted to get and had low mileage and all bells whistles to like 44k . Mileage was 5668 only.

Saw car fax no damage etc until I saw owner was corporate fleet . Did some digging and saw it's probably used for like rental etc

So guessing different people used this car (unless on bmw worker or something not sure how it works)

Should I be concerned and avoid corporate fleet
Obviously checking out the car is best but generally speaking is this bit of red flag
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 03:25 PM   #2
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Most likely is was a service loaner. It has about the mileage that Seattle BMW turns them over. Have Car Tender check the car over but they are usually ok.

I bought a service loaner from Seattle BMW before and ran it for four years with no trouble.

If it is from a BMW dealer make sure they CPO the X3. It gives you an extra year of warranty coverage.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 04:23 PM   #3
nakamuru
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
Most likely is was a service loaner. It has about the mileage that Seattle BMW turns them over. Have Car Tender check the car over but they are usually ok.

I bought a service loaner from Seattle BMW before and ran it for four years with no trouble.

If it is from a BMW dealer make sure they CPO the X3. It gives you an extra year of warranty coverage.
That's what I assumed. Seems lot of people been using the car then even if it's low miles. I'm sure someone kind of got some nicks or bumps scratches inside or outside where they didnt care much do to the fact it's not there's lol

I'm in Seattle too and saw this in Bellevue CPo. You mentioned you had it for four years and you just get different car? I generally keep it for long time.

When you did inspection were you worried about things like swirl marks or dings here and there?

I detail my cars so these all matter too me so guess I will be restoring things from what customers left

Also finding car inspector where can I go for good one in Seattle since you been there done that?

Wondering if Bellevue or Seattle allows you to take car to mechanic to get it checked out
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 05:30 PM   #4
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
That's what I assumed. Seems lot of people been using the car then even if it's low miles. I'm sure someone kind of got some nicks or bumps scratches inside or outside where they didnt care much do to the fact it's not there's lol

I'm in Seattle too and saw this in Bellevue CPo. You mentioned you had it for four years and you just get different car? I generally keep it for long time.

When you did inspection were you worried about things like swirl marks or dings here and there?

I detail my cars so these all matter too me so guess I will be restoring things from what customers left

Also finding car inspector where can I go for good one in Seattle since you been there done that?

Wondering if Bellevue or Seattle allows you to take car to mechanic to get it checked out
Since it is in Bellevue, take it to Strickly BMW to get it checked. It is really close to the dealer and they shouldn’t have a problem with you taking it there.

Most loaners do not have dents because they charge the customer if the car is damaged.

For Seattle inspection try Car Tender.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 05:49 PM   #5
nakamuru
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Since it is in Bellevue, take it to Strickly BMW to get it checked. It is really close to the dealer and they shouldn't have a problem with you taking it there.

Most loaners do not have dents because they charge the customer if the car is damaged.

For Seattle inspection try Car Tender.
All I thought you meant get it checked by someone who is good at car tending lol didn't know it was company

Thanks for the referral

As for Bellevue the car is in Bellevue lol
You think Bellevue is like Beverly Hills now lol
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 06:21 PM   #6
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
All I thought you meant get it checked by someone who is good at car tending lol didn't know it was company

Thanks for the referral

Strickly BMW. https://www.strictlybmw.com/

Car Tender http://www.car-tender.com/

Of the three BMW dealers in the area, Bellevue has the worst reputation for both sales and service.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 08:01 PM   #7
nakamuru
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the referral

Of the three BMW dealers in the area, Bellevue has the worst reputation for both sales and service.
So Seattle way to go? I was think Bellevue will be more classy since I love the city but guess not
Thanks for the input fellow pnw it was meant to be you posted lol
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 08:03 PM   #8
nakamuru
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the referral

Three dealers you mean Tacoma Seattle and Bellevue?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 08:05 PM   #9
nakamuru
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the referral

Is that where you get all your parts serviced? I had Mazda before and found independent repair shop but it was still high and bit sketchy but still far cheaper then dealer
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 08:54 PM   #10
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Is that where you get all your parts serviced? I had Mazda before and found independent repair shop but it was still high and bit sketchy but still far cheaper then dealer
Both independent shops are reputable and do excellent work. For a minor fee (I think $100) you can transfer the free 3 years maintenance. My service is still free so I use Seattle BMW.

Seattle BMW is usually reported to be the best local dealer. The three are Seattle, Bellevue, and BMW Northwest in Fife.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 08:58 PM   #11
nakamuru
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Both independent shops are reputable and do excellent work. For a minor fee (I think $100) you can transfer the free 3 years maintenance. My service is still free so I use Seattle BMW.

Seattle BMW is usually reported to be the best local dealer. The three are Seattle, Bellevue, and BMW Northwest in Fife.
Good to know. So if you purchased a cpo in Seattle or Bellevue you can transfer the 3 year warranty to the one of the two you recommended ? For 100$

Any chance is there Northwest bmw forum

Always nice to find local people
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 09:10 PM   #12
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Good to know. So if you purchased a cpo in Seattle or Bellevue you can transfer the 3 year warranty to the one of the two you recommended ? For 100$

Any chance is there Northwest bmw forum

Always nice to find local people
Free maintenance is good at any BMW dealer in the US. BMWCCA has a local chapter with several events. https://bmwpugetsound.com/

I mistyped above. The $100 was to transfer the 3 year maintenance. A CPO BMW has a transferable (for free) 5 year warranty from the initial date of service (purchase).
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2019, 07:18 PM   #13
Alias1431
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
I saw x3 2018 I wanted to get and had low mileage and all bells whistles to like 44k . Mileage was 5668 only.

Saw car fax no damage etc until I saw owner was corporate fleet . Did some digging and saw it's probably used for like rental etc

So guessing different people used this car (unless on bmw worker or something not sure how it works)

Should I be concerned and avoid corporate fleet
Obviously checking out the car is best but generally speaking is this bit of red flag
I throw around rentals and loaners like they're race cars. Not everyone does, but I know many that do. No such thing as a break in period on a loaner/rental... Not saying go one way or another, just my 2c.
Appreciate 0