BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Iran

05-30-2019, 02:07 PM   #111
.2pdk
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
That is one weird meme. We get it you want to goto war cause you gonna make money on stock market ok lol atleast put memes of normal ppl laughing not that weird stuff
Will do.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 09:11 PM   #112
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Did you know when you put someone on your ignore list the post just says :

" kitesurfer-This message is hidden because kitesurfer is on your ignore list."

Neat!!!!!! I recommend highly.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 10:50 PM   #113
kitesurfer
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Round n' Round

Garage List
Quote:
That is one weird meme. We get it you want to goto war cause you gonna make money on stock market ok lol atleast put memes of normal ppl laughing not that weird stuff
Looks like .2pdk got the boot.... "another one bits the dust"

That a boy mods , stay vigilant for the , Hate spewing , Always Pro War, Anti-Counter Narrative/Free Speech; "Sponsored Propaganda Agents" who co-opt these forums on the regular
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 10:30 PM   #114
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Iran needs a lesson like we gave sadom, the sooner the better.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 12:11 PM   #115
kitesurfer
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Round n' Round

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Iran needs a lesson like we gave sadom, the sooner the better.
Do you really believe the words you type ? .... please educate us all on the lessons of Iraq and how that worked out so well for the American & Iraqi people
Appreciate 3
      06-15-2019, 12:05 PM   #116
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Seems oddly quiet for all the alleged Iranian actions taking place. 🤔
      06-15-2019, 12:48 PM   #117
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Iran is suffering mightily from sanctions. Funny, Trump gets accused for war mongering but he is just sitting back and smiling at Iran. I would guess everything has been targeted by us and the i's have been dotted and t's crossed No point in rushing things....wait for them to fck up.

The other reason Trump isn't saying much is he wants to keep the marks steady.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 09:57 AM   #118
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Well an attack on Japanese ship while head of Japan is visiting them. And then the actual owner of ship and sailors on ship said a projectile attacked their ship and was above sea level and what Pompeo said is wrong. So obviously it's another fake attack.

Only a crazy person can believe the story he is pushing that's why it's quiet

2 fake attacks down 98 more to go until they get their war. But I'm sure war is coming these crazy ppl will not stop with fake attacks until it happens. I bet it will get bigger and bigger each time also. They won't stop
Appreciate 1
OrcaPod43.50

06-16-2019, 11:11 AM   #119
glennQNYC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Well an attack on Japanese ship while head of Japan is visiting them. And then the actual owner of ship and sailors on ship said a projectile attacked their ship and was above sea level and what Pompeo said is wrong. So obviously it's another fake attack.

Only a crazy person can believe the story he is pushing that's why it's quiet

2 fake attacks down 98 more to go until they get their war. But I'm sure war is coming these crazy ppl will not stop with fake attacks until it happens. I bet it will get bigger and bigger each time also. They won't stop
Why isn't the press reporting on the situation? They seem completely disinterested. I'm only one Sunday news show in for this weekend and ZERO mention of this situation (on ABC). Regardless of the administration's actions or inactions, it's weird that we are getting near-zero reporting or analysis.
      06-16-2019, 11:26 AM   #120
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer View Post
Quote:

That a boy mods , stay vigilant for the , Hate spewing , Always Pro War, Anti-Counter Narrative/Free Speech; "Sponsored Propaganda Agents" who co-opt these forums on the regular
^^^ massive eye-roll
Appreciate 1
minn195777.00

06-16-2019, 03:53 PM   #121
1mm2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:

LOL, you are as weak as they come. Then again, they also banned taskmaster so they can't be all snowflakes.
Appreciate 3
minn195777.00
Poiseuille3070.50

06-18-2019, 04:14 PM   #122
glennQNYC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Iran situation seems to have made the anti-Trump Resistance take the word of the murderous dictators in Iran, over the American intelligence community. Where have I heard that criticism before? 🤔

06-18-2019, 04:25 PM   #123
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep

F-15 Eagles sent to region, Navy stepping up maneuvers in the Gulf and at Hormuz and 1,000 more troops on the way. Hey Iran, you hear that? Better settle down or else.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 01:54 PM   #124
OrcaPod
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 528i

Quote:
F-15 Eagles sent to region, Navy stepping up maneuvers in the Gulf and at Hormuz and 1,000 more troops on the way. Hey Iran, you hear that? Better settle down or else.
or else what?

another regional conflict in Middle East and billions of $$$ spent on war instead of healthcare, education etc?
Appreciate 5
SoCalS2k342.00
1 AKY292.00
minn195777.00

06-19-2019, 02:03 PM   #125
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocan View Post
Quote:

LOL, you are as weak as they come. Then again, they also banned taskmaster so they can't be all snowflakes.
I never did see any posts by taskmaster that warranted expulsion. Must've been PMs.

06-19-2019, 02:42 PM   #126
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcaPod View Post
or else what?

another regional conflict in Middle East and billions of $$$ spent on war instead of healthcare, education etc?
Sometimes world leaders have to ‘nip in the bud’ dangerous, rogue countries and or groups of individuals regardless of the cost, those like Hitler, Hussein and Milosovic as examples. iran is one of the world threats to all normal countries

Many would rather our tax dollars go towards protecting our interests and the free worlds interests then supporting illegal aliens inside our borders. Besides, it wouldnt cost a whole lot to knock them down where they belong, at the feet of the USA. they would get the message and comply mighty quick. They understand the consequences, they learned from Iraq’s mistake.
Even the recent hero of the left Barry wasn’t adverse to slapping down those who won’t comply to norms of planet society. I doubt you made a fuss about him doing it.
https://www.thebureauinvestigates.co...ikes-than-bush
Appreciate 1
glennQNYC5530.50

06-19-2019, 03:16 PM   #127
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
or else what?

Sometimes world leaders have to 'nip in the bud' dangerous, rogue countries and or groups of individuals regardless of the cost, those like Hitler, Hussein and Milosovic as examples. iran is one of the world threats to all normal countries

Many would rather our tax dollars go towards protecting our interests and the free worlds interests then supporting illegal aliens inside our borders. Besides, it wouldnt cost a whole lot to knock them down where they belong, at the feet of the USA. they would get the message and comply mighty quick. They understand the consequences, they learned from Iraq's mistake.
Even the recent hero of the left Barry wasn't adverse to slapping down those who won't comply to norms of planet society. I doubt you made a fuss about him doing it.
Well atleast you got the talking points down cold! Problem is everyone knows where they are coming from and ppl don't believe you crazy guys anymore! Keep trying you got 97 more chances at false flagging and repeating the same thing over to try to get your war.

I think next you guys should show us some aluminum tubes and that will prove how much bad guys they are
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 04:11 PM   #128
glennQNYC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Well atleast you got the talking points down cold! Problem is everyone knows where they are coming from and ppl don't believe you crazy guys anymore! Keep trying you got 97 more chances at false flagging and repeating the same thing over to try to get your war.

I think next you guys should show us some aluminum tubes and that will prove how much bad guys they are
Am I the only one that remembers people just a few months ago, calling those who questioned intelligence community assessments "un-American" and "siding with dictators over America?" Oh how quickly people flip flop!
MKSixer15021.00

06-19-2019, 04:16 PM   #129
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
For me, this gets stranger and stranger.
As has been evident for quite some time, I wouldn't trust Trump further than I can throw him. Probably less. But we do have US naval officers testifying that these suspect limpet mines look like they are specifically manufactured in Iran.
I would ask silent running, hooligan, or maybe some of the Navy guys on here if you can really tell the difference between a limpet mine made in one country or another.
      06-19-2019, 04:16 PM   #130
OrcaPod
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 528i

Quote:
Sometimes world leaders have to ‘nip in the bud’ dangerous, rogue countries and or groups of individuals regardless of the cost, those like Hitler, Hussein and Milosovic as examples. iran is one of the world threats to all normal countries

Many would rather our tax dollars go towards protecting our interests and the free worlds interests then supporting illegal aliens inside our borders. Besides, it wouldnt cost a whole lot to knock them down where they belong, at the feet of the USA. they would get the message and comply mighty quick. They understand the consequences, they learned from Iraq’s mistake.
Even the recent hero of the left Barry wasn’t adverse to slapping down those who won’t comply to norms of planet society. I doubt you made a fuss about him doing it.
Quote:
where they belong, to
N54Yankee

Please provide me an example where living became better for regular simple folks in post-war Iraq, post-military intervention of Libya or any other country in Middle East? "Axis of evil" countries were destroyed but what about regular folks?

Also I simply don't understand on how one can place Hitler, Hussein, Milosevic on the same level.

Iran is a threat? Somehow USA didn't view Iran as an adversary just last century, in fact they had pretty close relationship prior to 1970ies. Somehow it happens every freaking single time that USA can make a 180 degree turn once government of another country is no longer pleasing USA and USA tries to bring a "democracy" back.
Appreciate 1
1 AKY292.00

06-19-2019, 04:20 PM   #131
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
The problem with Iran, notably compared to the likes of Nazi Germany during WW2, is that unlike Nazi Germany, the bulk of the citizens and the bulk of the military as well as many government officials in Iran don't agree with the current policies of the Iranian President and Ayatollah. This causes a bit of moral concern when attempting any preemptive strike or campaign, as the bulk of those you are going to hurt are not advocates of the current Iranian policy directives.

This creates untold issues and also runs risks of creating a power vacuum which ends up being worse than the current situation, especially for the citizens of the country. Iranians, for the most part, have decent lives. This isn't Saddam Hussein's Iraq or Afghanistan under Taliban rule. Even women's rights in Iran is on the more liberal side when compared to many other middle eastern countries.

One needs to take these concerns into account as well. Personally, I am certainly not happy with Iran's nuclear plans and goals, but regime change or conventional warfare is likely not the best option in dealing with it.

Quote:
N54Yankee

Please provide me an example where living became better for regular simple folks in post-war Iraq, post-military intervention of Libya or any other country in Middle East? "Axis of evil" countries were destroyed but what about regular folks?

Also I simply don't understand on how one can place Hitler, Hussein, Milosevic on the same level.

Iran is a threat? Somehow USA didn't view Iran as an adversary just last century, in fact they had pretty close relationship prior to 1970ies. Somehow it happens every freaking single time that USA can make a 180 degree turn once government of another country is no longer pleasing USA and USA tries to bring a "democracy" back.
1) The average citizen of Afghanistan is much better off than before when the Taliban was in full control.

2) Libya was a cluster fuck. Qaddafi was on his way to becoming a more benevolent ruler and the Arab Spring completely screwed that up. That place is now a festering boil. We were actually working with his government when it all blew up. That was the result of radical Islamic terrorists, not really the result of US Foreign Policy.

3) Syria should have been left alone. Even though he is a dictator, Ba sheer was better than the current situation. We are on the wrong side of that war.

4) Iraq could be argued both ways. For some citizens, including those outside the circle of influence with Hussein, they were better off before. Overall, though, life under Saddam's regime was horrific. The problems currently plaguing that country now are related to ISIL more than anything else. The vacuum created by the removal of Hussein caused a lot of problems that should have been foreseen and were not. The US is to blame for that.

5) Iran was never 'our friend'. They were the enemy of our enemy. In addition, Iran was a very different country with a very different global outlook before the Islamic Revolution took place there, installing a hardliner regime. This would be common sense to most people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
For me, this gets stranger and stranger.
As has been evident for quite some time, I wouldn't trust Trump further than I can throw him. Probably less. But we do have US naval officers testifying that these suspect limpet mines look like they are specifically manufactured in Iran.
I would ask silent running, hooligan, or maybe some of the Navy guys on here if you can really tell the difference between a limpet mine made in one country or another.
General naval and military technology is pretty easily distinguishable between various countries. It's not that hard. That said, spoofing or false flag maneuvers are certainly easy to accomplish as well.

Overall, however, I have no doubt of the validity of what Iran is being accused of. I do, however, have reservations on the current course of escalated action by the US. Refer to my posts above for rationale as to why.

Last edited by Run Silent; 06-19-2019 at 04:31 PM..
Appreciate 3
OrcaPod43.50
minn195777.00
MKSixer15021.00

06-19-2019, 04:30 PM   #132
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep

Pod
Go ask the Kurds who were systematically murdered including whole towns gassed just to name one group better off.

If you don’t see the fact that Iran is trying to stifle the whole worlds oil distribution in the world famous choke point of Hormuz, that’s a major world threat, then you just don’t get it.
Not to mention the fact that they are near the top of the worlds terror supporters.
I’m sure you had friends in your past and you don’t like them anymore, things change with governments also. Welcome to life.

By the way, Canada has been a great Ally of the USA and has fought with us side by side countless times. Funny how many lib canuks whine about American policy. Go cry about your own govt.

Last edited by N54Yankee; 06-19-2019 at 04:51 PM..
Appreciate 0