BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-09-2019, 04:59 AM   #1
topdesign
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Volunteer to get a free carpet mat

Hey Guys, we are a factory now developing carpet car floor mats, so need BMW X3(American Standard, year 2011-2016) owner as a volunteer.
You can get a free good quality carpet floor mat, what you need to do is helping check the carpet, and offer some advices, feedback about the coverage, adaptability, etc, and send me pictures and videos

If you are interested and agree with the above, pls contact me(ywh0533@126.com) for more info, I will arrange the shipment

Thanks, and wish you guys a nice day!

PS:attach a sample for 5 series, for reference
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 06:21 AM   #2
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

those look nice.

How do you manage to get the driver mat in place ?

I also have custom one, and they eventually get onto the gas pedal.

its not dramatic since its a floor hinged pedal, but not ideal.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 09:31 AM   #3
TheCoolX3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X3 35i M-Sport

Garage List
I'd be happy help and promote you guys, PM me and we can get in contact!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 10:40 AM   #4
E90705
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90/F25 M-sport

PM me too thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 06:30 AM   #5
topdesign
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolX3 View Post
I'd be happy help and promote you guys, PM me and we can get in contact!
i will arrange to you, pls pm or email me your detailed address with contact info.
by the way, our stock only have black+white stitching, and due to copyright issue, the logo is our own brand,like the attached, think you don't mind right?
Pls you can also post your pictures with opinion here
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 06:40 AM   #6
topdesign
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oVeRdOsE. View Post
those look nice.

How do you manage to get the driver mat in place ?

I also have custom one, and they eventually get onto the gas pedal.

its not dramatic since its a floor hinged pedal, but not ideal.
that's the most important point
our backside is strong non-slip material, plus the original suitable velcro,or plastic buckle for other brands, during our test, it never moves, we are also looking forward for more test results here
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 08:07 AM   #7
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Not that you are asking for opinions, but I think that plastic section where the logo is located is too large, the logo itself is too large, the logo itself is not very good looking, and the name is sort of dumb. I realize things don't always translate perfectly from Chinese to English, but "TOP Design" will make people automatically think it is not a top design and is something cheap. It's like if your logo said "Super Amazing."
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 08:38 AM   #8
TheCoolX3
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
No problem. Emailed you yesterday will PM now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdesign View Post
i will arrange to you, pls pm or email me your detailed address with contact info.
by the way, our stock only have black+white stitching, and due to copyright issue, the logo is our own brand,like the attached, think you don't mind right?
Pls you can also post your pictures with opinion here
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 04:21 AM   #9
topdesign
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
Not that you are asking for opinions, but I think that plastic section where the logo is located is too large, the logo itself is too large, the logo itself is not very good looking, and the name is sort of dumb. I realize things don't always translate perfectly from Chinese to English, but "TOP Design" will make people automatically think it is not a top design and is something cheap. It's like if your logo said "Super Amazing."
thanks man, for your opinion,
yes, we already make the logo and the panel smaller than the picuture
for the printing, dont want to steal the slogan from BMW so we just printed the logo, still designing what shall we print
for the brand name, sorry to hear that, but, it is already registered, so, guess don't have option at this moment, maybe we should print something else not the brand name....
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 08:45 AM   #10
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdesign View Post
thanks man, for your opinion,
yes, we already make the logo and the panel smaller than the picuture
for the printing, dont want to steal the slogan from BMW so we just printed the logo, still designing what shall we print
for the brand name, sorry to hear that, but, it is already registered, so, guess don't have option at this moment, maybe we should print something else not the brand name....
Why do you need a logo at all? It's not like somebody will get in my car, see your logo and go buy a set for themselves. The dirty floor of a car is not a good place to advertise. The only reason to have a logo is to attract the car owner to buy them. A BMW owner may buy mats because they say "BMW" or "M Performance" because the logo is the REASON they buy the mats - for the logo. Why would anybody want their mats to say "TOP Design?" They won't. In other words, if you made identical mats with and without a TOP Design logo, I think almost everybody would buy the mats with no logo. What you need is not a logo nobody wants, but some way to say your mats are better than other mats people can buy on eBay. For example, the double red and blue stitching on the first mats is cool looking, but single white stitching is not, and will get dirty. If I were looking for replacement mats, I might buy some with red and blue double stitching over just plain black.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 02:17 AM   #11
topdesign
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolX3 View Post
No problem. Emailed you yesterday will PM now!
Hi Man, have PM you the tracking number
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 02:26 AM   #12
topdesign
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
Why do you need a logo at all? It's not like somebody will get in my car, see your logo and go buy a set for themselves. The dirty floor of a car is not a good place to advertise. The only reason to have a logo is to attract the car owner to buy them. A BMW owner may buy mats because they say "BMW" or "M Performance" because the logo is the REASON they buy the mats - for the logo. Why would anybody want their mats to say "TOP Design?" They won't. In other words, if you made identical mats with and without a TOP Design logo, I think almost everybody would buy the mats with no logo. What you need is not a logo nobody wants, but some way to say your mats are better than other mats people can buy on eBay. For example, the double red and blue stitching on the first mats is cool looking, but single white stitching is not, and will get dirty. If I were looking for replacement mats, I might buy some with red and blue double stitching over just plain black.
actually, we design the corner panel in order to make it differnt than traditional plain carpet, make it more like sport, athelete, youth, etc
however, point is, as you said, we are now still designing the printing on the panel, once work out, will show you and hope can get your opinion
that's black + white double stitching, however, cleaning is always a problem for carpet mats
the main products are black+black stitching, the rest will be like black+white, black+red, blue+red, green+red, etc
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 02:32 AM   #13
topdesign
Enlisted Member
Rep

thanks for all you guys' attention and interest, however, have chose TheCoolX3 as the volunteer, sorry to you!
PS: any of your advice will be welcomed!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 07:00 PM   #14
TheCoolX3
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
got the mats today! On first look they seem to be of good quality. Carpet feels nice and the stitching is damn good all things considered.

Going to try them out for a week, get some use on them and then give a proper update!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 07:28 AM   #15
ColdCanada
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW X3 AND 2011 BMW X3

These look amazing !
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 12:49 PM   #16
najnad
General of the Space Forces
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 X3 35i M-sport

Garage List
1. As others have said, get rid of the logo and replace it with something both smaller and more graphic than alpha-numeric to appeal to a wider audience. Consider offering in different colors.
2. Am I the only one who doesn't like carpet in a car? If it gets wet, it can smell. When it gets dirty, it has to be shampooed and dried out or else it will smell. That's why I prefer rubber mats and would remove all the carpeting if I had a good alternative.
Current: 2020 X5 x40i M-Sport, Arctic Grey Metallic / Ivory White, Executive Package, Luggage Compartment Package, Integral Active Steering, Tow Package, Parking Assist Package, Driving Assist Package, M-Sport brakes, Tux Mats
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 01:17 AM   #17
topdesign
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by najnad View Post
1. As others have said, get rid of the logo and replace it with something both smaller and more graphic than alpha-numeric to appeal to a wider audience. Consider offering in different colors.
2. Am I the only one who doesn't like carpet in a car? If it gets wet, it can smell. When it gets dirty, it has to be shampooed and dried out or else it will smell. That's why I prefer rubber mats and would remove all the carpeting if I had a good alternative.
Hey man, thanks for your reply
we are re-designing the printing, maybe something else or nothing
for the material, if environmental nylon like my sample, should not be smelt when gets wet
well, as material, it has to be personal choice, someone as you, like rubber, some people feel carpet more comfortable and luxury, but have to committ, it gets dirty easier and not strong as rubber
everything has advantage and disadvantage, point is which side you care more
thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 12:38 PM   #18
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

Could you please post a link to your website?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 09:02 PM   #19
x3sm
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 E93 Porsche

Make some tan ones for me!
AUDI S4: SOLD
BMW E92 335: SOLD
Appreciate 0