BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-25-2023, 11:56 AM   #1
n55_seth
Registered
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 35i M Sport

Garage List
2012 BMW X3  [8.50]
Rebuilding my 2011 front end

Greetings! This is my first time posting here I have been using this forum for almost a year while building my f25 x3 35i m sport. i recently was in a little bit of a wreck and i basically have to replace the entire front end of the x3. the guys at the repair shop are good friends of mine and they have offered to work with me on possibly choosing aftermarket parts to replace the oem ones, all covered under insurance.

i've been looking around seeing if an lci conversion is possible, but it looks like more trouble than it's worth, especially with the coding and rewiring.

my second option is to try and find some aftermarket headlights that change the look. i found a pair on aliexpress for around $1000 with shipping (photo attached). has anyone seen/used these before? if so are they crap? does the buyer actually send them or is it a scam?

Name:  Screen Shot 2023-09-25 at 12.00.27 PM.png
Views: 83
Size:  363.0 KB

here's the link to them:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...-specification

lastly, does anyone have any insight on alpina body kits? i've been looking endlessly for the full front bumper and the best i can find is the splitter, which won't be covered under insurance obviously. if my shop could direct bolt on an alpina front bumper that would be sweet.

i've also attached some photos of the build process along with what it looks like now, since i just recently made an account.

Name:  IMG_2844_Original.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  312.9 KB

Name:  IMG_3440.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  439.0 KB

Name:  IMG_3592.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  598.4 KB

Name:  IMG_3593.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  550.3 KB