BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-05-2021, 08:47 PM   #45
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctriggs5 View Post
Beautiful car! Congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymac1 View Post
I still think they've overdone the tail lights, but everything else on this car looks great. Congrats OP and enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
Great color on it!! Enjoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomfever View Post
Looking good man! Congrats on the new car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuato2084 View Post
Very cool write-up especially for F80 drivers who are thinking about what's next. When I drove the F97 (base) my major impressions were in the amazing handling and how smoothly power gets delivered. I also love how the S58 and ZF8 sound together from gear to gear. Enjoy it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor///M View Post
Congrats and great first impressions review!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thurston View Post
Great review and good to know about the suspension. I'm test driving one next week (first SUV in 10 years). Enjoy your new ride!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TargaM2 View Post
That colour looks so good with black & Carbon trim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
wow thats a good looking ride!
Thank you everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJMobile View Post
I guess I’ll see you on the road if you’re in NY lol. I took delivery of my 22’ BGM/S.O on Aug 11th from Westchester, I live in Long Island.
was yours the one at mlife? saw one with your spec on instagram. there are dozens of us in the tristate. lol congrats to you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Replace battery is definitely not going away. Once it hits the critical battery life point, it's permanently damaged.

Did you have this as you left the dealer? Or did it happen at the detail shop?
i’ll bring it up with the dealer once i go in for the 1200 mile service. happened after the detail shop. batter capacity is at over 90% but yeah, hasnt gone away since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Congrats.

Do you still have your F80?
thank you. F80 is 90% done with the mods being taken off. just exterior stuff. afterwards the car will be sold immediately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Your tire pressures are off, if I’m not mistaken.
adjusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboAL47 View Post
can't wait to start modding this thing with you. dremel first?
GT4 brake duct retrofit? RWB conversion?
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 09:47 PM   #46
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
car is officially no longer “stock”. got weathertech floor + cargo mats with X3MC badging (cheesy i know, but look much better) and painted front reflectors are in from IND-Distribution. of course, color match is perfect.

install was super simple obviously. it took longer for me to unwrap the packaging than it did installing them. iND can do no wrong.
Appreciate 2
      09-06-2021, 12:00 AM   #47
GJMobile
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 c43 2006 Acura RSX-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
Thank you everyone!

was yours the one at mlife? saw one with your spec on instagram. there are dozens of us in the tristate. lol congrats to you too!

i’ll bring it up with the dealer once i go in for the 1200 mile service. happened after the detail shop. batter capacity is at over 90% but yeah, hasnt gone away since.

thank you. F80 is 90% done with the mods being taken off. just exterior stuff. afterwards the car will be sold immediately.

adjusted.

GT4 brake duct retrofit? RWB conversion?
Yeah that was me at Mlife lol
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 12:03 AM   #48
GJMobile
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 c43 2006 Acura RSX-S

Quote:
car is officially no longer “stock”. got weathertech floor + cargo mats with X3MC badging (cheesy i know, but look much better) and painted front reflectors are in from IND-Distribution. of course, color match is perfect.

install was super simple obviously. it took longer for me to unwrap the packaging than it did installing them. iND can do no wrong.
Wow….I’m about to order the fronts right now….did they come out with the rear color match bumper reflector 1s yet?
Appreciate 2
      09-06-2021, 05:31 AM   #49
JRock80
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5M F85

Color combo works!
Awesome looking machine my friend - congrats on your purchase and for sharing.
Appreciate 1
      09-07-2021, 07:01 AM   #50
TheStanman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 992 C2S

Did BMW add some suppleness to the suspension for the LCI? Might explain your positive assessment.

Fortunately BMW seems to be course-correcting from their overly stiff suspensions across the board, which were negatively impacting handling. Cars were less planted - unsettled by mid-corner bumps, struggled to maintain contact patch, etc. Ride comfort is a secondary benefit.

They addressed this in M5 LCI, G8X VS F8X, CS models. Wasn't sure if X3M LCI had the same treatment .
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 09:22 AM   #51
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJMobile View Post
Wow….I’m about to order the fronts right now….did they come out with the rear color match bumper reflector 1s yet?
We are unable to order the rears just yet from BMW, however as soon as we can we will bring them in and have them painted.
      09-07-2021, 12:44 PM   #52
Gxs615
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3MC F97 LCI

Quote:
Just a place to share thoughts and pictures of my 2022 X3M Comp LCI. Eventually I'll get a decent build going with this one.

2022 X3M Competition
Color: Brooklyn Grey
Interior: Black Merino Leather
Trim: Carbon Fiber

Options:
  • Executive Package
  • Competition Pack
  • Style 892M 21" Wheels
  • Driving Assistance Pro
  • Ventilated Seats
  • Remote Start
  • Mobility Kit

I wish I had better pictures but I haven't had any time at all to take my camera and take a few photos.

I took delivery on Aug 12th. I picked it up at the dealership and immediately drove straight to the detailer for a FULL PPF and full ceramic coat (including wheels and calipers). With kids and no free time, I didn't want to take any chances when it comes to washing or taking care of the exterior. I figured it'd be best to invest in the full PPF so the very few times I wash the car, I can half-ass it and not worry about potential damage. After 10 days with the detailers, I finally picked the car up on the 25th.

With only a regular weekend, I was able to put about 200 miles on the car with the family. It's a family car/daily, though I commute via public transport to work so mileage will accumulate very slowly. Coming from an F80 M3, first impressions on this platform so far… I'm enjoying the car and have no regrets with it whatsoever. This is the first time I've ever driven an X3M and even owning an SUV.

A few personal thoughts in reference to what people ask the most…

1. Suspension/Steering: It's a comfortable car. The chassis is stiff and suspension firm, but not at ALL uncomfortable. The car does a great job cutting out harsh crashes over potholes/imperfections of the road. I'm not sure why people have such criticisms over the car. I'm sure it either comes to people's expectations of an "SUV" or them being the first time owner of an M car. Or maybe it's the recent changes BMW have made with the LCI car. Or the fact that I've lived with a lowered M3 for six years, because the X3M is easily WAY more comfortable than that. I will say, however, that deep undulations upset the balance of the car and it has a tendency to rock back and forth in "comfort" mode. That and NVH isn't that great on the highway, though I am inclined to blame that on the stock Continental tires the car came with. But handling is still great and kinda ridiculous for an SUV. Highway on-ramps, roundabouts, this car feels like my F80 but as a slightly lifted wagon. That was my expectation and I'm glad it has met them, and hoping it will exceed them in the future as I proceed to push the car harder after break-in. Steering was very quick and precise too. A bit on the lighter side, but it doesn't have that vague dead-center feel of my F80. And omg, the turning radius! I can make a U-turn in one try. And dare I say it, I'm looking at suspension mods too. I'm not fond of HAS systems, so my eyes are on either H&R or Dinan (Eibach wouldve been nice to though those aren't available in the US).

2. Engine: Obviously, I'm only in the break-in phase so I have yet to really push it to the limit. During my weekend drive, I was able to stretch the car's legs and push it to triple digits without fuss. Dare I say it, it was TOO easy to hit those speeds. It was effortless and drama free. There is NO turbo lag. Yes, the meat of the torque bad was a tiny bit higher compared to my tuned S55, but drop a gear and pushing the throttle pulled the car with all of the torque I expected from a FI engine. Throttle response was instantaneous, in fact, maybe better than the S55. Everyone complains of turbo lag, but the moment I pressed the throttle in the *proper gear*, the engine responded instantly. I can't wait to push it to redline and eventually go to jail for reckless driving.

3. Gearbox: It's my first time using the ZF8 gearbox. Coming from a DCT, I was a little wary I wouldn't like it. But damn it, this thing is impressive. It changes gears so quickly, almost imperceptible compared to the dual clutch. It does what I want it to, and that's all the praise a gearbox needs. Around town, it's even better because it's an automatic. Where the DCT would buck and be clumsy from 0-5MPH and 5-0MPH, the ZF was smoother than butter. The one and ONLY complaint I have with this gearbox was the crispness of the downshifts. Dare I say it, too smooth? The DCT would make down-changes an *event* and give you that little nudge, whereas the ZF8 lacks drama. In spirited driving, I'm sure the ZF8 is better performing as it wouldn't upset the rear end when changing gears, but the DCT made it a tiny bit more fun.

4. Misc: I'm loving the tech. ID7 is great, responsive, and easy to use. I haven't had any connectivity issues with Apple CarPlay, and having Maps directions come up into my HUD is a great plus. Seats are comfortable and the ventilated option does well removing moisture from my back. Drivers Assistance Pro is also amazing too. On long stretches of highway, I barely had my left hand on the steering wheel and the car ferried my entire family to our destination without issue. Coming back home, I hit a bit of traffic, and eventually the Assist Plus option came on. I selected it and the green bars on the steering wheel illuminated. Next thing you know, I'm sitting there with my arms crossed which the car drove itself without any intervention from me whatsoever. Witchcraft (probably not that amazing to others but it's my first time experiencing any sort of autonomous driving and I was dumbfounded by it). Rear seats are spacious as is the trunk. Remote start is a life saver for the summer (and I assume for the winter as well). Comfort Access is so much more seamless now with the car locking/unlocking on its own.

As a family hauler, it's already obvious this car will serve me well. I bought this car to replace my F80 as the sedan was, although doable, a bit tight carrying two kids and the crap load of baggage they bring along with them. I would've upgraded to the G80, but the trunk space was exactly the same, so that would be pointless. It's all but been confirmed that the G81 won't be coming to the US (boo), so that leaves the X3MC for my daddy-duty needs. It's too early to tell, but I'm hoping the X3M will also serve as a "fun" car for the rare times I am in the car alone, feeding my need for enthusiastic driving while also doing the school run with both kiddos in the back.

That's it for now. Needs more seat time for better impressions on the car. And also, tons of research needed for the modding to begin (suspension and exhaust). I'm hoping some parts will show up for the LCI specific parts (CF bits for the front end), or maybe I'll just leave it stock since it's blacked out from the factory. Also flip-flopping on summer wheels, though getting a dedicated winter set will be a must in my opinion. Eh, will see how it goes.

Special thanks to:
- Rich Isaac and Greg Pol at BMW of Manhattan
- @IND-Distribution

MODS:
- Full Xpel PPF (entire car including roof)
- Full Ceramic Pro 9H (including wheels/brakes)
- Xpel Prime XR Window Tint (30% front, 70% rear, 70% windshield)
- iND-Distribution front painted reflectors

Twins❤️
Attached Images

Miss my M4

https://vossenwheels.com/galleries/3440/
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 01:58 PM   #53
pyo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:

Where did you get those floormats from? I am about to purchase the 2022 X3MC and starting to build a mod list...

EDIT: Stock weathertech with aftermarket logo from Etsy?

Last edited by pyo; 09-07-2021 at 03:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 08:53 AM   #54
BelgianR26
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2022 (G01)

Awesome car! I wish you safe (s)miles with it! Do you know if every x3 LCI has remote start or is it possible to activate it?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 09:39 AM   #55
///minh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 m3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianR26 View Post
Awesome car! I wish you safe (s)miles with it! Do you know if every x3 LCI has remote start or is it possible to activate it?
Remote start is an added on option for $300.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 09:53 AM   #56
JJ 911SC
Crusty Old Navy Chief
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 1983 911SC

Garage List
Standard in Canada, did not see it as an option on the UK site
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 02:52 PM   #57
wickeded
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X4M Comp LCI 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 911SC View Post
Standard in Canada, did not see it as an option on the UK site
UK doesn’t allow remote start unless it’s changed recently. Think it’s still possible from the app though
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 10:17 AM   #58
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
another mod added:

OEM G8X CF Steering Wheel Paddles

Personally, I did not like the silver paddles that came with the car. They were too small and were too far into the steering wheel column. Having to do a reach around to shift is unpleasant. So I bought these. Install was simple as usual, same as any other platform. They were a bit smaller than anticipated and still dont reach as far as the edge of the steering wheel as I like, but are still much better than stock. They retain the same “clickiness” which I like, but because they DO extend slightly more than the silver paddles, the pull does feel more deliberate and tactile. The quality is great (as it should be since they are OEM) and the dimples on the back are a nice touch. I’m still searching for proper fitting OEM CF trim covers to match the paddles. The current silver/CF pictured here are a no go.

Last edited by danniexi; 05-12-2022 at 09:27 AM..
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2021, 10:33 AM   #59
Tim@codemybimmer
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M Competition F98 LCI

Garage List
Quote:
another mod added: G8X CF Steering Wheel Paddles

Personally, I did not like the silver paddles that came with the car. They were too small and were too far into the steering wheel column. Having to do a reach around to shift is unpleasant. So I bought these. Install was simple as usual, same as any other platform. They were a bit smaller than anticipated and still dont reach as far as the edge of the steering wheel as I like, but are still much better than stock. They retain the same "clickiness" which I like, but because they DO extend slightly more than the silver paddles, the pull does feel more deliberate and tactile. The quality is great (as it should be since they are OEM) and the dimples on the back are a nice touch. I'm still searching for proper fitting OEM CF trim covers to match the paddles. The current silver/CF pictured here are a no go.
Looking good! It does complete the look better than the standard silver paddles!

For the carbon fibre steering wheel trim covers, i believe they are these numbers (upper and lower trim). However try to double check the part number for the upper piece, since they come with and without 5AU - Driving Assistant Professional.

32309882892 (Lower Trim)
32309882894 (Upper Trim, 5AU)
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 10:55 AM   #60
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim@codemybimmer View Post
Looking good! It does complete the look better than the standard silver paddles!

For the carbon fibre steering wheel trim covers, i believe they are these numbers (upper and lower trim). However try to double check the part number for the upper piece, since they come with and without 5AU - Driving Assistant Professional.

32309882892 (Lower Trim)
32309882894 (Upper Trim, 5AU)
thanks!

as for the trim, the G8x cf trim won’t fit. the trim in the X3M is a single piece whereas the G8x is separate (upper and lower as you listed). Also, the G8x trim is too shallow as the wiring (that goes on top) will get in the way.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 11:37 AM   #61
Tim@codemybimmer
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
As for the trim, the G8x cf trim won’t fit. the trim in the X3M is a single piece whereas the G8x is separate (upper and lower as you listed). Also, the G8x trim is too shallow as the wiring (that goes on top) will get in the way.
Ah, that is a good point.

However do keep in mind that the ID6 (2020) and ID7 (2021 and newer) steering wheel controls and upper part are different.

So I would need to see if there's a part number difference between the G8x standard silver trim and the rest of the M line-up. If the standard trim is found on the rest of the lineup with the updated controls, then the CF trim "should" fit. Otherwise too bad the AutoTechnic trim is missing the M logo and is in alcantara instead of leather.

EDIT: Had found the back of the updated OEM trim for the G05/G20/G30 and you can tell they're two piece as well (screws). Therefore theoretically the G8x trim "should" fit no problem.

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 12:17 PM   #62
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
EDIT: Had found the back of the updated OEM trim for the G05/G20/G30 and you can tell they're two piece as well (screws). Therefore theoretically the G8x trim "should" fit no problem.
they dont fit (hint: i tried). the back part of the trims are slightly different, mainly the top portion with the clips as well as the spacing needed in between the trim and the steering column… the G8x is shallow with no room to fit the wiring loom whereas the X3M can accommodate the wiring.

judging by the part numbers, the X5M trim are compatible, but there is no OEM trim that supports both heated steering wheel and driving assistant pro… it’s either or.

ugh, i wanted to avoid aftermarket but as of this point I dont think i have a choice.
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2021, 11:42 AM   #63
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List

so I found the "proper" CF steering wheel trim that I wanted for the options that I have (drivers assistant pro and heated)...

part number: 32-30-2-471-439

of course, this part wasn't available in the US at all so I had to order on eBay and get it shipped. and of course there are "operational delays" with FedEx which I assume is a nice way of saying "we are incompetent." so after waiting a few weeks I should have the part in my hands Monday... and this is only after I find out BMWPartsPros put it up on their website and say that they should have the part in the warehouse by today. *insert facepalm emoji here*.

btw this part is CF and leather with the proper cutouts for the heated steering wheel button and the lighting for the DAP package, which is why I avoided aftermarket parts (e.g. AutoTecknic) since they only have Alcantara. Minor detail but I don't have any Alcantara at the moment and the mismatch would've really bothered me. oh well.

pic of it I found online...

in other news, my car finally went in for the 1200 mile service. got the oil change and diff fluid change. they also replaced the battery because of the stupid "replace battery" message I kept getting. it's only been one day but I can't wait to get it back because the x3 3.0 loaner they gave me is just... depressing. thank god I commute and not have to drive that thing for long periods of time. and I finally get to push the car a bit harder. can't wait to feel what WOT feels like.

I'm still shopping for winter wheels too as I have decided to put exhaust and spring modding on hold until next spring. Do I splurge on 764M wheels with the mediocre Pirelli tires or get a cheap ugly wheel from tire rack with some michelins on em... decisions decisions.
Appreciate 1
Max Well4733.00
      10-09-2021, 12:51 AM   #64
Kevin_The_Clean1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 MC

@danniexi - Will that steering wheel cover fit an 2001 X3 M... ? And is your LCI lowered... ?
2017 F87 M2 - Sold & missed
2020 F97 X3 M Competition - Finally arrived ///
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 12:55 AM   #65
Tim@codemybimmer
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
@danniexi, your X3Mc is coming together really well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_The_Clean1 View Post
Will that steering wheel cover fit an 2021 X3 M... ?
The cover he has is with 5AU - Driving Assistant Professional, so it has the LEDs on the steering wheel for traffic jam assistance/parking assistance

The Part Number for Pre-LCI ID7 Models and LCI without 5AU (Just 5AS or 5AT) is here - 32302459671.
Appreciate 1
      10-09-2021, 01:09 AM   #66
Kevin_The_Clean1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 MC

Quote:
The cover he has is with 5AU - Driving Assistant Professional, so it has the LEDs on the steering wheel for traffic jam assistance/parking assistance

The Part Number for Pre-LCI ID7 Models and LCI without 5AU (Just 5AS or 5AT) is here - 32302459671.
Thank you for the quick reply & part number update. Unfortunately it's no longer available at many places...

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...r/32302459671/
2017 F87 M2 - Sold & missed
2020 F97 X3 M Competition - Finally arrived ///
Appreciate 0