BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-12-2021, 02:54 PM   #1
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

New UK X3M Competition LCI order Thread

Just ordered a new X3M Competition LCI, trading in my M40i with a decent equity.

Got 15% discount on the X3M and with 2.9% interest on the PCP was happy with the monthlies. Going to do a bit of number crunching to work out whether the term will be 36 or 48 months.

Have gone stealth with black Sapphire and black callipers. Went for colour for the interior and chose Sakhir Orange.

Just one option chosen with the Tech+ pack. Standard equipment is pretty good so most options were already ticked. On the fence over the laser lights, but in the end decided i could live without them.

Factory Order, so lead time is 1 December. Not too bothered as current car is still pretty good to drive.
Attached Images

Last edited by Spoonhead; 08-28-2021 at 04:06 PM..
Appreciate 7
mathys202.50
kzg19691299.00
Wills28653.00
Wing Co239.00
leorod_rn222.50
      07-12-2021, 03:22 PM   #2
Bestle
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 LCI, Audi R8

The best discount I've been offered so far is 10% which puts it just shy of £78,000. Which dealer offered you 15%? Carwow still hasn't been updated with the LCI.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 03:54 PM   #3
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

Congratulations. Mine should hopefully be delivered in Nov. I swapped out of a '21 order as soon as the lci was revealed so should hopefully be one if the earlier UK cars.

I've gone Brooklyn Grey, midrand Beige interior, pan roof,

Can't wait! The main trouble is, I let my f80 go expecting to be in a '21 X3m comp within a few weeks! Doh!

Gone but not forgotten - F80 m3 Comp, F30 340i, F30 - 320i
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 04:36 PM   #4
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestle View Post
The best discount I've been offered so far is 10% which puts it just shy of £78,000. Which dealer offered you 15%? Carwow still hasn't been updated with the LCI.
At the moment the basic offer is £6k off chassis and 5% off list. So you should be getting at least 12%. I then got a further discount as wanted to get the monthlies down by £48. Manager approved the further discount. Have also been a long standing customer, so played the loyalty card.

Can’t really give you the dealer name, but I’m in the south east.
      07-12-2021, 04:52 PM   #5
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan4 View Post
Congratulations. Mine should hopefully be delivered in Nov. I swapped out of a '21 order as soon as the lci was revealed so should hopefully be one if the earlier UK cars.

Can't wait! The main trouble is, I let my f80 go expecting to be in a '21 X3m comp within a few weeks! Doh!
Nice one! Will be my first proper M car. I need a fast car to take the dogs out

In the dealer I had chosen Brooklyn Grey, but when I got home and chatted with the wife, we decided to go BS. Changed the callipers from red to black as well.
      07-12-2021, 05:40 PM   #6
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonhead View Post
Quote:

Nice one! Will be my first proper M car. I need a fast car to take the dogs out

In the dealer I had chosen Brooklyn Grey, but when I got home and chatted with the wife, we decided to go BS. Changed the callipers from red to black as well.
I've gone red, the child in me I guess! 🤣.

You won't be disappointed, they are quite ridiculous! I had to swap my f80 as it just wasn't getting used properly and sat in the drive for too long due to kids and dogs!

The X3m definitely isn't as raw, it it's a blast when you grab it by the scruff of the neck (at least the pre lci was!)

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 03:21 PM   #7
MancrichUK
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M Competition

I ordered mine last week ... total of 19% discount including the BMW contribution .... gone for Brooklyn Grey, Sakhir Orange, red brake callipers and pano roof... already worrying about the Brooklyn Grey choice as have only seen M3s in this colour so far and useless at visualising what it will look like! Have been told August build with it arriving at the dealership end Sept/early October... only deletions were the digital key and the wireless charging I presume due to chip shortages
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 01:37 PM   #8
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MancrichUK View Post
I ordered mine last week ... total of 19% discount including the BMW contribution .... gone for Brooklyn Grey, Sakhir Orange, red brake callipers and pano roof... already worrying about the Brooklyn Grey choice as have only seen M3s in this colour so far and useless at visualising what it will look like! Have been told August build with it arriving at the dealership end Sept/early October... only deletions were the digital key and the wireless charging I presume due to chip shortages
I noticed the deleted items as well. Digital key, not too bothered, but I use wireless charging a lot in my m40i
      07-14-2021, 07:10 PM   #9
silverathlon
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi S3

Quote:
Great spec! This is exactly what I ordered too but the wife isnt keen on Sakhir Orange for the interior. Im hoping it looks more red than orange. Hard to tell from videos online.
The only thing putting me off Brooklyn Grey for the exterior is that its going to be a very common color which will also be on the M40i's..lol
I might swap to Marina Bay Blue ..hmm first world problems!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 05:34 AM   #10
mjrennie
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

Quote:
I noticed the deleted items as well. Digital key, not too bothered, but I use wireless charging a lot in my m40i
Wireless charging is really useful.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 07:06 AM   #11
X3mcesq
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverathlon View Post
Quote:
Great spec! This is exactly what I ordered too but the wife isnt keen on Sakhir Orange for the interior. Im hoping it looks more red than orange. Hard to tell from videos online.
The only thing putting me off Brooklyn Grey for the exterior is that its going to be a very common color which will also be on the M40i's..lol
It's wayyyy more red then orange. At least for my eyes
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 01:12 PM   #12
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It seems to be a popular choice. I've had a number of blue BMWs, with my last car being an smb f80 which I think was the nicest colour ever! But I'm over blue now. And I think any individual 'loud' colour will look a bit silly on an suv.

It is however a very nice colour, and the number if X3m if even x3m40i on the road will still be pretty limited. I do think an bronze /gold colour on the wheels would look amazing though !!!

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 01:42 PM   #13
f82fanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: iX

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It seems to be a popular choice. I've had a number of blue BMWs, with my last car being an smb f80 which I think was the nicest colour ever! But I'm over blue now. And I think any individual 'loud' colour will look a bit silly on an suv.

It is however a very nice colour, and the number if X3m if even x3m40i on the road will still be pretty limited. I do think an bronze /gold colour on the wheels would look amazing though !!!
I went with Marina Bay Blue and Tartufo interior. Favorite color combo for me!

Had a Tanzanite Blue before but always wanted a San Marino Blue. Heard MBB and SMB are pretty similar!

Also, I've had sahkir orange before. It's red, not orange. Maybe it has hints of it. But if you ask anyone that knows nothing about cars what color it is, they'll say red for sure. 👍.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 12:04 AM   #14
silverathlon
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi S3

Thanks for all your responses. Good to know Sakhir Orange is more red than orange!
Will stick with that for the interior. I would seriously consider Bronze/Gold wheels if I went with Marina Bay Blue on the exterior. Still tossing up between the Grey and Blue :P
Appreciate 1
Bmock17602.50
      07-19-2021, 08:26 AM   #15
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm seeing too many grey cars on the road at the moment. Seems very popular so decided to go with Black Sapphire.

Sakhir orange looked very red in the showroom, so happy with that choice. Will lift the cabin after all my previous BMWs have had black leather.

Still waiting on an estimated delivery date with the factory, but finance has been approved and the order placed.
      07-19-2021, 08:29 AM   #16
Bestle
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 LCI, Audi R8

I'm not sure black is a much more unique choice than grey
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 11:13 AM   #17
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestle View Post
I'm not sure black is a much more unique choice than grey
      07-20-2021, 12:22 PM   #18
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Have you guys got order numbers / production week info yet? I ordered literally the weekend after the lci was announced and my dealer assures me that the order is in, but not had any update from them, been told November delivery.

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 01:42 PM   #19
Razel
Rider and driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Have you guys got order numbers / production week info yet? I ordered literally the weekend after the lci was announced and my dealer assures me that the order is in, but not had any update from them, been told November delivery.
From what I've learned, if the dealer says the order is in, then they have a production number. If you haven't yet, login/register to mybmw.com and with the production number, you can get a bit of status.
If they can't give you a production number, it's not ordered yet (no slot number available yet).

I work for Keyser Söze
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2021, 02:57 AM   #20
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I now have an estimated delivery date of 15 October. Got another 1k added to the trade in price as a result.

Just got to wrap the M40i in cotton wool in the meantime.
      07-22-2021, 06:03 AM   #21
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I now have an estimated delivery date of 15 October. Got another 1k added to the trade in price as a result.

Just got to wrap the M40i in cotton wool in the meantime.
Happy days. Can't come soon enough for me, to make it worse, the a/c in the Scenic has decided to be shit, so my frustration with that car grows on a daily basis!

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2021, 08:33 AM   #22
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Happy days. Can't come soon enough for me, to make it worse, the a/c in the Scenic has decided to be shit, so my frustration with that car grows on a daily basis!
How long before your car arrives?