BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-13-2020, 12:54 AM   #45
Deen435d
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 435d xDrive M-Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen435d View Post
Hi Guys,

Just thought I’d share my 2 pence (especially for the UK lot).

So I pulled the trigger on this about 5 weeks ago. Took an absolute gamble as there are lots of different part numbers and no fitting guides. So I ended up buying the part number 6993492 from eBay. I paid £95 all in and it arrived 2 weeks later in mint condition.

As there was no fitting guide, I had to wing it. The way I fit it was to fit a trim tool under the current X4MC climate control panel. There are 4 metal tabs that you need to pry out (look like little poles - 2 on the left and 2 on the right). That will release the climate control panel. Behind that, there are 2 plugs - one for the audio control and the other for the climate control. Simply disconnect those and plug them into the new climate control panel. Then pop it back in and job done. (Side note: I didn’t take any parts from the old panel and put it on the new panel. Just unplugged and replugged the two connectors).

In terms of the ventilated seat option, I don’t have that option in my X4MC. The panel I bought had that as a touch button that did nothing, however, within about 5 mins of turning the car on, the ventilated seat button just disappeared, which I was over the moon about. Not sure about what people mean about the Menu button being the Max AC button. There is a dedicated menu button that is displayed on the touch screen panel (which opens the climate control menu on the idrive screen), and the Max AC button works as the Max AC button.

Two slight downsides to it though. Firstly, for UK owners, you will have to use the fan control on the passenger side to adjust the fan control for both driver and passenger (since there is only one fan). The driver’s side fan control doesn’t do anything. The second is that there is no haptic feedback (so you don’t know if you’ve actually pressed a button without looking at the panel to confirm). Both definitely not an issue for me, and it’s a very minor trade off to have for an amazing interior upgrade.

Highly recommended to make the interior look (even) nicer!

Just a few pics...
Attached Images

Last edited by Deen435d; 05-13-2020 at 01:07 AM..
Appreciate 2
dazzapb1050.00
r33_RGSport12909.00
      05-13-2020, 02:50 AM   #46
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

Thanks Dean, that’s been a great help. So nearly perfect apart from the fan button on the passenger side. Never mind, I can live with that too.

I didn’t realise the Menu button is on the display so I Miao have caused some confusion. I’ve got ventilated seats, so hopefully it will work just fine for me.

Will update when it arrivea.

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 06:02 AM   #47
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

Cheers deen ordered one too now

Good luck with the install moff

Ps I was thinking I could put the innner part in and keep the surrounding fascia if it has any marks etc. Will see!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 08:38 AM   #48
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post

Ps I was thinking I could put the innner part in and keep the surrounding fascia if it has any marks etc. Will see!
Mine came in perfect as new condition. Now installed. Love it!
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
      05-15-2020, 11:52 AM   #49
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
Quote:

Mine came in perfect as new condition. Now installed. Love it!
Wish I had the vent seats for just 100 quid. Madness it's not on the config tool.

Looks great!!
Appreciate 1
Turbo1204350.00
      05-16-2020, 01:46 AM   #50
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Garage List
  [0.00]
So I had the pleasure and literally hell of installation of the silver button set from a 750 bmw. Thanks bustedstuff210 for the idea,
Otherwise I would have no idea we can even install the silver button unit. He gave me some step by step, but the rear snap on tabs are
Completely different and had to remove both units from the rear from their plates. Those tabs ripped my fingers and in all took 2 hours. It was hell. But I love it now. I don't have any carbon fiber in my interior. I have the white interior with silver trim and the dash now looks hella good with it. My cool chairs show along with heated. As everyone mentioned here the passenger auto button and fan blower don't work but I don't care. Doesn't bother me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
dazzapb1050.00
      05-16-2020, 07:35 AM   #51
Sebap3
Private First Class
Rep

These look great but my OCD wouldn’t let me live with the non working buttons.
I hate having blank buttons when options are missing, so I get all the options available. This would bother me just as much.
Plus I’d hate to explain why it doesn’t work if a passenger tried adjusting something and it didn’t work.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 07:52 AM   #52
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebap3 View Post
These look great but my OCD wouldn't let me live with the non working buttons.
I hate having blank buttons when options are missing, so I get all the options available. This would bother me just as much.
Plus I'd hate to explain why it doesn't work if a passenger tried adjusting something and it didn't work.
Just tell them that the car seat ejection will activate if pressed too many times.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 2
Turbo1204350.00
95wildtt826.50
      05-16-2020, 09:01 AM   #53
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
These look great but my OCD wouldn't let me live with the non working buttons.
Plus I'd hate to explain why it doesn't work if a passenger tried adjusting something and it didn't work.
Totally hear you but it's so subtle. Most people get in my car are like how the hell do you work this thing? Im like I got this.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 10:38 AM   #54
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
These look great but my OCD wouldn’t let me live with the non working buttons.
Plus I’d hate to explain why it doesn’t work if a passenger tried adjusting something and it didn’t work.
In my car the passenger one works but driver side doesn’t which is perfect for me.

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 10:41 AM   #55
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

What are the part numbers for all the different versions? I see one that comes with black chrome on the knobs, one with silver buttons as above, and one of them matches the current colors that come with the X3/4M.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 10:51 AM   #56
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
What are the part numbers for all the different versions? I see one that comes with black chrome on the knobs, one with silver buttons as above, and one of them matches the current colors that come with the X3/4M.
This is the one I bought.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153923604860

The black ones are ceramic dials and tend to cost a little more but will work just fine too.

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 12:21 PM   #57
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Are there any differences for RHD and LHD vehicles?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 01:23 AM   #58
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Are there any differences for RHD and LHD vehicles?
I ordered part number 6993492

I haven't got it yet so can't be 100%

I'm in the Uk and as per deen and moff I believe it's same for both LHD and RHD. The left side fan blower is the one that works so LHD is better as it's nearer the driver.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 02:56 PM   #59
noushy
///M Fan
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp, X5M Comp, iX M60

Thanks for the tip I had mine installed and it looks like it belonged all along other than the dual zone fan speed not existing on the X3.

Noushy
2023 Audi RS6 Avant Daytona Gray/Black
2024 BMW X5M Comp Brooklyn Gray/Taruma Brown, Titanium Exhaust on order
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 09:10 AM   #60
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Hey guys mine arrived.

All good but a few scapes on the outside fascia

I've managed to remove the digital display part and will place into my x3m fascia

Can anyone help please - what part do I put out to get to the climate unit?

The silver surround for the vents or just the vents above? Don't want to pull too hard and break something.

Is it a case of just pulling the part out with fingers?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 04:37 AM   #61
MSX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen435d View Post
Hi Guys,

Just thought I’d share my 2 pence (especially for the UK lot).

So I pulled the trigger on this about 5 weeks ago. Took an absolute gamble as there are lots of different part numbers and no fitting guides. So I ended up buying the part number 6993492 from eBay. I paid £95 all in and it arrived 2 weeks later in mint condition.

As there was no fitting guide, I had to wing it. The way I fit it was to fit a trim tool under the current X4MC climate control panel. There are 4 metal tabs that you need to pry out (look like little poles - 2 on the left and 2 on the right). That will release the climate control panel. Behind that, there are 2 plugs - one for the audio control and the other for the climate control. Simply disconnect those and plug them into the new climate control panel. Then pop it back in and job done. (Side note: I didn’t take any parts from the old panel and put it on the new panel. Just unplugged and replugged the two connectors).

In terms of the ventilated seat option, I don’t have that option in my X4MC. The panel I bought had that as a touch button that did nothing, however, within about 5 mins of turning the car on, the ventilated seat button just disappeared, which I was over the moon about. Not sure about what people mean about the Menu button being the Max AC button. There is a dedicated menu button that is displayed on the touch screen panel (which opens the climate control menu on the idrive screen), and the Max AC button works as the Max AC button.

Two slight downsides to it though. Firstly, for UK owners, you will have to use the fan control on the passenger side to adjust the fan control for both driver and passenger (since there is only one fan). The driver’s side fan control doesn’t do anything. The second is that there is no haptic feedback (so you don’t know if you’ve actually pressed a button without looking at the panel to confirm). Both definitely not an issue for me, and it’s a very minor trade off to have for an amazing interior upgrade.

Highly recommended to make the interior look (even) nicer!
Will this work on a green x4 20d g?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 05:22 AM   #62
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Hey guys mine arrived.

I've managed to remove the digital display part and will place into my x3m fascia

The silver surround for the vents or just the vents above? Don't want to pull too hard and break something.

Cheers
Which unit did you get? Silver button? Or black one?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 05:25 AM   #63
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo0823 View Post
Quote:
Hey guys mine arrived.

Cheers
Hey I got the silver but the surrounding Fascia has a little mark so i am good in the sense I have just the main unit exposed.

The issue is getting to the and removing unit in the car what part do I need to pull out to get to it?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 05:37 AM   #64
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey guys mine arrived.

Cheers
Hey I got the silver but the surrounding Fascia has a little mark so i am good in the sense I have just the main unit exposed.

The issue is getting to the and removing unit in the car what part do I need to pull out to get to it?

Thanks!
You mean the radio is still attached or did you get to remove it and you are in the next stages of transferring plates? And this unit you got?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
dazzapb1050.00
      05-23-2020, 06:02 AM   #65
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey guys mine arrived.

Cheers

Thanks!
You mean the radio is still attached or did you get to remove it and you are in the next stages of transferring plates? And this unit you got?
Thanks for the help man sorry I wasn't clear.

All I have managed to do is Separate the digital control panel from fascia. (When I meant silver - sorry I was referring to non ceramic knobs

My next step is too extract my unit from the car - this is the part I am struggling with.

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 06:14 AM   #66
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Try the link below. Seems like you are trying to change plates? There are small clips all around. It's a bitch to remove but you need a very small mini plastic flathead crowbar like in the link I sent u and loosen the little tabs around the units one by one. Takes time and effort and some force. I don't think you will be able to not cause a little damage to the tabs so just be aware of that. I broke 2 out of the rest of them, but it didn't affect it.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/g...sor/1Vnbfde0hk
Appreciate 0