BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-10-2019, 08:53 AM   #287
Diaolos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 xDrive 30i

Garage List
Anyone have any issue with the new X3? My car has 1,300km and have had the following issues. 2,4 and 5 happened yesterday. 1 was address the first week I got the car.

1-need to realign the driver side door as it did not align with the back door
2-Had 2 error messages - malfunction with head lamp and malfunction with daytime running lights.
3- vibrating noise come from the back right side of the passenger side. Can be heard going over bumps or even just closing the door
4-dont feel when I have the heat at Max there is sufficient air or heat coming out.
5- while driving the park assit came on a few times telling me there Was an object on the side of me. There was noting.

All this is just ruining my experience.

Any thoughts. Kind of glad I paid up for the extended warranty at this point.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 09:28 AM   #288
lo_cheng
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

I am going to pick up my X3 M40i this sat. Can't wait
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 10:11 AM   #289
TheMooseMan
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaolos View Post
Anyone have any issue with the new X3? My car has 1,300km and have had the following issues. 2,4 and 5 happened yesterday. 1 was address the first week I got the car.

1-need to realign the driver side door as it did not align with the back door
2-Had 2 error messages - malfunction with head lamp and malfunction with daytime running lights.
3- vibrating noise come from the back right side of the passenger side. Can be heard going over bumps or even just closing the door
4-dont feel when I have the heat at Max there is sufficient air or heat coming out.
5- while driving the park assit came on a few times telling me there Was an object on the side of me. There was noting.

All this is just ruining my experience.

Any thoughts. Kind of glad I paid up for the extended warranty at this point.
I haven't had major issues and I hope not to have any (fingers crossed, knock on wood). The only problem I had is a small, yet deep, crack inside(!) one of the rear tail lights, but it's going to be replaced under warranty as the tail lights are sealed and there is no way I did it - I'm just waiting the part to arrive at the dealer for them to replace it.

Regarding your problems, I think you should take the car to the dealer to check. Besides:

1 - Haven't you sorted that already? I recall seeing a post where you mentioned that problem some time ago.

2 - That might have been caused by electrical gremlins as people like to say and I would definitely ask the dealer to check it.

3 - I've seen other people here complaining about rattle/vibration noises in different places. I think it's a matter of (lack of?) luck as it's something that might happen to almost any car, no matter the brand. It's the type of issue that might be sorted out by the dealer.

4 - Out of curiosity, did you check all the vents? I noticed, on mine, that the airflow (both on heating and cooling) reduces significantly when all vents are open, but if I close the one next to the driver's door or the one on the driver side on the central console I notice a considerable difference in the airflow.
Anyway, maybe the dealer can check that too.

5 - Did you check if the sensors (on the side the car "detected" an object) were clean? If not, there is a chance you have a faulty sensor and the dealer could replace it under warranty. I've read about dealers replacing sensors, for instance, on cars having issues with random trunk openings due to faulty kick sensors at the back.

It's not hard to see how these issues can turn what is supposed to be an awesome experience into a crappy one. That said, and hoping your dealer is a good one, I would take the car to the dealer, tell them all the frustration you have had and ask if they can alleviate the situation somehow by not only fixing the problems, but giving you something like a free service, discount or whatever. If problems persist maybe it would be the case of asking for a buy-back/replacement? (I don't know, just wondering here). Anyway, good luck and keep us posted. Maybe someone else had a similar issue and can shred some light on how to fix it.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 07:28 PM   #290
Diaolos
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
I just want to say I alway appreciate your feedback. People like you is what makes this forums great.

I have called the dealer about this and they will check it out but will schedule it once my replacement key comes in. Yeah as you probably read in another forum. I guess when it rains it pours.

They door was fixed. I am not sure about the sensor. My car was frozen due to freezing rain. Not sure if that may of sent things haywire. Today it did not seem to be an issue.

The light, who know gremlins may be right. I guess nothing is perfect. Doubt it's a bulb as these are LEDs.

The vibration I hope they can fix. It's dam annoying. You hear it even when closing the door.

Will keep you posted.

Again thanks
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2019, 08:51 AM   #291
lo_cheng
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Anyone know shop in GTA area can do good job on install BAVSOUND speaker and Sub?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 09:39 AM   #292
Diaolos
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Just an update. I think I do have electronic gremlins. The error messages for the lights displays on some drives and not others. So it seems to be an intermittent issue. Loose wire?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 09:45 AM   #293
TheMooseMan
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I just want to say I alway appreciate your feedback. People like you is what makes this forums great.

I have called the dealer about this and they will check it out but will schedule it once my replacement key comes in. Yeah as you probably read in another forum. I guess when it rains it pours.

They door was fixed. I am not sure about the sensor. My car was frozen due to freezing rain. Not sure if that may of sent things haywire. Today it did not seem to be an issue.

The light, who know gremlins may be right. I guess nothing is perfect. Doubt it's a bulb as these are LEDs.

The vibration I hope they can fix. It's dam annoying. You hear it even when closing the door.

Will keep you posted.

Again thanks
Thanks for the words! We're here to help!

Yeah, I recall the problem with your lost fob. Did you buy a new one at the dealer?

Regarding the sensor problem, now that you said that your car was frozen, I would bet even more that an external factor confused the sensor. If there was ice on top of the sensor I'm quite sure it could interfere the sensor readings. I would just keep an eye on the sensors (and try to keep them clean) and, if the problem comes back, maybe try to stop asap and check the sensors, if they're dirty/covered by something.

The vibration and light issues should definitely be addressed by the dealer, and if they can't fix the light issue I would consider pressuring them for either a replacement/buy-back or some kind of compensation as it's, of course, not expected to happen on a brand new car.

Anyway, good luck again, hopefully the dealer will sort all that for you! Just the sensor thing that you should keep an eye on as it might be, in fact, not a defective sensor but just something weather-related.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2019, 11:21 PM   #294
lo_cheng
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Just picked up my car today.
YEAH!!!
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019249.50
      04-14-2019, 02:05 PM   #295
Ryn
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperobrynO View Post
Hey guys,

First time BMW Owner. Just signed a lease yesterday, 2019 30i with Premium Enhanced package and Black Metallic paint.

Curious what you guys think of the deal: $0 down, $710/month tax in, 48 months.

Looking forward to joining the club this weekend!
I'm looking to lease the same package with 16,000kms per, 48months. How much was your upfront payment and which dealer did you go to?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 10:20 AM   #296
lo_cheng
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Anyone know shop in GTA area do good job on Audio upgrade / dashcam installation?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 10:22 AM   #297
lo_cheng
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManitouX3 View Post
WoW ! Pan The Organizer makes great jobs !
I too did my wife's car,
2 layers of CQ.UK 3.0 and 1 layers of Gliss.
Wow. your garage is so wide and soooo clean.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 07:17 PM   #298
ManitouX5
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5e 2024, X3 2018, SL 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by lo_cheng View Post
Wow. your garage is so wide and soooo clean.
Thank you ! my wife owns the house, I have the garage and the shed 🤣🤣🤣
Name:  0AED42CF-1CA4-4BC4-BAE8-F2C1AF0D9F9F.jpeg
Views: 645
Size:  116.0 KB

Name:  4795F394-9C13-4E6F-9669-1C067F21BFCB.jpeg
Views: 651
Size:  117.5 KB

Name:  573331AB-A81C-40ED-97DD-06DBE4E97EE9.jpeg
Views: 645
Size:  143.1 KB
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 09:13 PM   #299
TheMooseMan
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Just an update. I think I do have electronic gremlins. The error messages for the lights displays on some drives and not others. So it seems to be an intermittent issue. Loose wire?
Hey buddy, any luck solving the issues?
Appreciate 1
Diaolos46.00
      04-22-2019, 09:22 PM   #300
Diaolos
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMooseMan View Post
Quote:
Hey buddy, any luck solving the issues?
Hey buddy. I took it in and apparently they needed to change a module and reset the system. Not sure how all this stuff works but apparently they needed to disassemble the front bumper to fix all this. Long story short all is working. They had the car for 3 days.

For the vibration they said it was the seatbelt hitting column C. I called bull on that. When I picked it up service was closed. I need to go back and have a drive with them. My daughter is buckled in the back and she here's the noise behind her.

The key which i asked for 3 weeks ago was only ordered apparently last Monday. They received the key part and are waiting on the fob.

I have complained to BMW Canada and they have a file open. They said they will tell me what they are willing to do once all issues are resolved. I bought the 7 year 100km. I have asked them to provide a longer one at no charge. Will see.

I appreciate you asking
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 10:36 PM   #301
TheMooseMan
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Hey buddy. I took it in and apparently they needed to change a module and reset the system. Not sure how all this stuff works but apparently they needed to disassemble the front bumper to fix all this. Long story short all is working. They had the car for 3 days.

For the vibration they said it was the seatbelt hitting column C. I called bull on that. When I picked it up service was closed. I need to go back and have a drive with them. My daughter is buckled in the back and she here's the noise behind her.

The key which i asked for 3 weeks ago was only ordered apparently last Monday. They received the key part and are waiting on the fob.

I have complained to BMW Canada and they have a file open. They said they will tell me what they are willing to do once all issues are resolved. I bought the 7 year 100km. I have asked them to provide a longer one at no charge. Will see.

I appreciate you asking
Well, good to know they sorted at least the most annoying/major issues. Rattles are difficult to fix sometimes, but if it's not TOO noisy it might not be the worst thing in the world.

I hope BMW Canada does something about all these to compensate somehow the headaches. It's good to know how problems are fixed as it might happen to other people (hopefully not).

Regarding the key, I guess you're not alone. I'm expecting BMW to replace one of the tail lights on my X3 which arrived with a minor yet deep scratch *inside* the tail lamps. It's not really bad but you don't really want that on such an expensive car.
As there's no way I did that (the rear lamps are sealed... or almost sealed) the dealer told me they will replace it under warranty. They said a new tail light should take 3 weeks to arrive (from Germany), but it's been almost 5 weeks and I haven't heard from them yet... I guess they will get a call tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 11:41 AM   #302
Snowharp
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i Phytonic Blue

2019 X3 M40i Ottawa

We picked up our M40i from Otto's in Ottawa on 17 April 2019. It was a custom order and took about 4-5 weeks to arrive at the dealer. We had wonderful service from the folks at Otto's and I would recommend them to anyone.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
chicagofan0019249.50
Diaolos46.00
      04-25-2019, 11:57 AM   #303
lo_cheng
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Any member in GTA area know good shop to replace speaker for G01?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 12:00 PM   #304
Diaolos
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I appreciate you asking
Well, good to know they sorted at least the most annoying/major issues. Rattles are difficult to fix sometimes, but if it's not TOO noisy it might not be the worst thing in the world.

I hope BMW Canada does something about all these to compensate somehow the headaches. It's good to know how problems are fixed as it might happen to other people (hopefully not).

Regarding the key, I guess you're not alone. I'm expecting BMW to replace one of the tail lights on my X3 which arrived with a minor yet deep scratch *inside* the tail lamps. It's not really bad but you don't really want that on such an expensive car.
As there's no way I did that (the rear lamps are sealed... or almost sealed) the dealer told me they will replace it under warranty. They said a new tail light should take 3 weeks to arrive (from Germany), but it's been almost 5 weeks and I haven't heard from them yet... I guess they will get a call tomorrow.
Quote:
Quote:

I appreciate you asking

So good news all is fixed and got my new key. Bad news is I got a 170$ ticket on my way to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 12:08 PM   #305
cgroves
Exalted Tire Scorcher
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowharp View Post
We picked up our M40i from Otto's in Ottawa on 17 April 2019. It was a custom order and took about 4-5 weeks to arrive at the dealer. We had wonderful service from the folks at Otto's and I would recommend them to anyone.
Nice, we’re picking up ours on Sat from Otto’s. In fact I bet mine is the one to the left in your picture.
      04-25-2019, 12:31 PM   #306
TheMooseMan
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowharp View Post
Phytonic Blue... is just too beautiful! Congrats on the car!

Quote:
So good news all is fixed and got my new key. Bad news is I got a 170$ ticket on my way to the dealer.
Nice! I'm just curious, if you don't mind... how much was the fob replacement?
Did you get a speeding ticket? :P
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 12:59 PM   #307
lo_cheng
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

For all the Canadian member.

I Just ordered 3D Maxpider KAGU
They are in stock at Amazon.ca and partsengine.ca

I ordered from partsengine.ca as they have promotion right now.
Front and back total = CAD$188 + Tax, free shipping.
I think is great deal.

I got the OEM All weather mat from dealer when I got my car, very regart that.
they look great but don't have good protection.
      04-26-2019, 01:25 PM   #308
TheMooseMan
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I bought mine from partsengine.ca even before picking up my car and they are amazing! I also got the BMW winter mats from the dealer but the 3D Maxpider protects more and looks great.
Appreciate 0