BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-17-2015, 06:15 AM   #23
E90M3JETS
Banned
65
Rep
207
Posts

Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Chicagoland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS_BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3JETS
Porsche executives are laughing right now. At this price only a fool would choose this monstrosity over the Macan. :
The problem is everything is an option on a Porsche. So it will be 75k with a few options.
You can easily find a Macan S for $60k nicely equipped including ventilated seats, which are not even offered by BMW. If you do not go crazy with options on the Porsche it is a bargain compare to the X4.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 06:37 AM   #24
X3paul
Banned
151
Rep
481
Posts

Drives: E9 CSi, Z4M coup, E65 730d, E4
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyasaxa
No standard nav... ?
It's just an X4. Have to go up a series for standard nav.
Not in the uk...but the 90's interior is still standart though...still no match for the porker Macan
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 08:37 AM   #25
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
jlstyle's Avatar
355
Rep
1,762
Posts

Drives: Porsche Panamera
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
With typical option pick, it comes out to $63,750.
Macan S with similar options comes out to $63,000.

I think Macan is a better value for the car you get.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 09:10 AM   #26
DS_BMW
Lieutenant Colonel
DS_BMW's Avatar
No_Country
1587
Rep
1,759
Posts

Drives: 2022 M4 comp, 22 M240
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lancaster PA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3JETS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS_BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3JETS
Porsche executives are laughing right now. At this price only a fool would choose this monstrosity over the Macan. :
The problem is everything is an option on a Porsche. So it will be 75k with a few options.
You can easily find a Macan S for $60k nicely equipped including ventilated seats, which are not even offered by BMW. If you do not go crazy with options on the Porsche it is a bargain compare to the X4.
What are residuals for the Macan S?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 10:09 AM   #27
Reedomn
Major
Reedomn's Avatar
678
Rep
1,469
Posts

Drives: Lambo Huracan/RR Velar/C8
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Minneapolis

iTrader: (15)

Macan is nice but the badge is too short. They should have went with:
Macan S PDK3.0V6TT
__________________
Lambo Huracan, Cherokee SRT, C8 on order.
Sold- 458, GT3, f80 M3, e82 1M, f87 M2,
e30 M3, e90 M3, e36 M3, e34 M5,
e36 M3, e30 M3........
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 11:31 AM   #28
vstM3
First Lieutenant
vstM3's Avatar
84
Rep
382
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80 M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA---Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Yeah but who's faster
__________________
Current: 2015 BMW F80 M3
Retired: 2012 BMW 335is
Other: 2014 Mini Cooper
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 12:20 PM   #29
jzmundy
Major
jzmundy's Avatar
991
Rep
1,495
Posts

Drives: F97
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS_BMW View Post
What are residuals for the Macan S?
61% for 36mo 10k mi/yr. High MF kills the high residual, though. Generally, Porsches do not lease well...
__________________
Then - E53, E85, E92, E82, F15, F80, G01
Now - F97, Macan S
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 01:16 PM   #30
ND40oz
Major
ND40oz's Avatar
397
Rep
1,342
Posts

Drives: M2 CS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Denver/Frankfurt

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstyle View Post
With typical option pick, it comes out to $63,750.
Macan S with similar options comes out to $63,000.

I think Macan is a better value for the car you get.
54,500 Macan S base
5,690 Premium Package Plus
1,170 LED Headlights with PDLS Plus
1,740 Standard interior with leather seats
1,260 20" SportDesign Wheels
1,360 PASM
690 for Metallic paint
995 Destination

You're over 67k and you have none of the performance options that make the Macan S better. You'd still need to upgrade PASM to the air suspension, add PTV Plus and the Sport Chrono Pack.
__________________
21 BMW X5 xDrive40i
20 BMW M2 CS
19 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4 6MT
Appreciate 2
      11-17-2015, 01:58 PM   #31
Crashnbrn5
Banned
United_States
504
Rep
1,239
Posts

Drives: 2016 335i GT M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
54,500 Macan S base
5,690 Premium Package Plus
1,170 LED Headlights with PDLS Plus
1,740 Standard interior with leather seats
1,260 20" SportDesign Wheels
1,360 PASM
690 for Metallic paint
995 Destination

You're over 67k and you have none of the performance options that make the Macan S better. You'd still need to upgrade PASM to the air suspension, add PTV Plus and the Sport Chrono Pack.
lol exactly, this kid has no idea, or cant do math, lollll
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2015, 03:19 PM   #32
SANK_CH
Captain
SANK_CH's Avatar
Switzerland
313
Rep
788
Posts

Drives: A Number 4
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Macan S is slower than the m40i. If based on HP the m40i should be compared to macan gts (which is a lot more expensive). The m40i does 0 to 100 km/h in only 0,1 sec slower (4,9s) than Macan Turbo (4,8s without chrono pack). And i don't compare efficiency. So for the value the m40i is a winner.
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2015, 03:26 PM   #33
vstM3
First Lieutenant
vstM3's Avatar
84
Rep
382
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80 M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA---Midwest

iTrader: (0)

That M shifter though...cant get that in the Macan
__________________
Current: 2015 BMW F80 M3
Retired: 2012 BMW 335is
Other: 2014 Mini Cooper
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2015, 03:48 PM   #34
X3paul
Banned
151
Rep
481
Posts

Drives: E9 CSi, Z4M coup, E65 730d, E4
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANK_CH
Macan S is slower than the m40i. If based on HP the m40i should be compared to macan gts (which is a lot more expensive). The m40i does 0 to 100 km/h in only 0,1 sec slower (4,9s) than Macan Turbo (4,8s without chrono pack). And i don't compare efficiency. So for the value the m40i is a winner.
Yeah sure...i am positive on the road you will feel that diference in 0-60 times. The way it drives and sounds though are worth 10k alone. Believe me. Macan hands down is the winner here.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 10:51 PM   #35
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
jlstyle's Avatar
355
Rep
1,762
Posts

Drives: Porsche Panamera
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
54,500 Macan S base
5,690 Premium Package Plus
1,170 LED Headlights with PDLS Plus
1,740 Standard interior with leather seats
1,260 20" SportDesign Wheels
1,360 PASM
690 for Metallic paint
995 Destination

You're over 67k and you have none of the performance options that make the Macan S better. You'd still need to upgrade PASM to the air suspension, add PTV Plus and the Sport Chrono Pack.
You speak like X4M40 has LED, active suspension, 20" wheels, things in PPP in the price I quoted.
X4M40 comes out to $66,600 if you include the options you added up for the Macan. Sad.

Last edited by jlstyle; 11-17-2015 at 10:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 10:52 PM   #36
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
jlstyle's Avatar
355
Rep
1,762
Posts

Drives: Porsche Panamera
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashnbrn5 View Post
lol exactly, this kid has no idea, or cant do math, lollll
I can only assume you don't even know how to do a "comparison".
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 04:16 AM   #37
ND40oz
Major
ND40oz's Avatar
397
Rep
1,342
Posts

Drives: M2 CS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Denver/Frankfurt

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
54,500 Macan S base
5,690 Premium Package Plus
1,170 LED Headlights with PDLS Plus
1,740 Standard interior with leather seats
1,260 20" SportDesign Wheels
1,360 PASM
690 for Metallic paint
995 Destination

You're over 67k and you have none of the performance options that make the Macan S better. You'd still need to upgrade PASM to the air suspension, add PTV Plus and the Sport Chrono Pack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstyle View Post
You speak like X4M40 has LED, active suspension, 20" wheels, things in PPP in the price I quoted.
X4M40 comes out to $66,600 if you include the options you added up for the Macan. Sad.
Your math is still off and dynamic dampers are standard on the X4 M40i.

57,800 X4 M40i
550 for Metallic Paint
2750 Tech Pack
1900 Lighting Pack
950 20" 680M
995 Destination

64,945 total
__________________
21 BMW X5 xDrive40i
20 BMW M2 CS
19 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 08:47 AM   #38
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
jlstyle's Avatar
355
Rep
1,762
Posts

Drives: Porsche Panamera
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
Your math is still off and dynamic dampers are standard on the X4 M40i.

57,800 X4 M40i
550 for Metallic Paint
2750 Tech Pack
1900 Lighting Pack
950 20" 680M
995 Destination

64,945 total
If you are going to pick someone off, just read your stuff better.
Where's cold weather package? If this is the game you are playing take off the PPP from Macan and just add PP to be apple to apple as X4 doesn't even offer a ventilation seat nor panoramic roof. If you sort things out Macan will always come under.

And of course, we all know that fit and finish is better on Macan when you ride one after X4.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 10:14 AM   #39
ND40oz
Major
ND40oz's Avatar
397
Rep
1,342
Posts

Drives: M2 CS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Denver/Frankfurt

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstyle View Post
If you are going to pick someone off, just read your stuff better.
Where's cold weather package? If this is the game you are playing take off the PPP from Macan and just add PP to be apple to apple as X4 doesn't even offer a ventilation seat nor panoramic roof. If you sort things out Macan will always come under.

And of course, we all know that fit and finish is better on Macan when you ride one after X4.
I'm trying to match package for package including option for option, obviously since they don't match up perfectly you have to try and get it as close as possible. So sure, let's spend the 950 for the cold weather package and the 1700 for drivers assistance plus taking the price to $67,595 and we basically have a loaded X4 M40i.

So to get it as close as possible on the Macan we'll need to add:

250 Heated Steering wheel
1380 Lane Keep Assist and Lane Change Assist
1190 Park Assist with Surround View
230 Window Trim in Black (High-Gloss)

We can also spend 1440 to add Adaptive Cruise on the Macan and 1200 to add it on the X4 M40i.

You're missing the ventilated seats, but you're also several grand higher on the Macan S.

So again, why is the Macan a better value? I went through this exact same thing a year and a half ago when I opted for the SQ5 over the Macan S. The only way it made sense was to get the performance options only available on the Macan and then when you've spec'd it to 70k+ then you might as well get the Turbo so it's not slower then its competition.
__________________
21 BMW X5 xDrive40i
20 BMW M2 CS
19 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4 6MT
Appreciate 1
      11-18-2015, 05:12 PM   #40
vstM3
First Lieutenant
vstM3's Avatar
84
Rep
382
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80 M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA---Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Macan might start with an M but its not a BMW. Therefore the people on the porche forum should consider it, not us.
__________________
Current: 2015 BMW F80 M3
Retired: 2012 BMW 335is
Other: 2014 Mini Cooper
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2015, 10:51 PM   #41
ORIGIN M.
Banned
3160
Rep
9,134
Posts

Drives: ///M
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Northern Hemisphere

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3JETS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS_BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3JETS
Porsche executives are laughing right now. At this price only a fool would choose this monstrosity over the Macan. :
The problem is everything is an option on a Porsche. So it will be 75k with a few options.
You can easily find a Macan S for $60k nicely equipped including ventilated seats, which are not even offered by BMW. If you do not go crazy with options on the Porsche it is a bargain compare to the X4.
Good luck getting a reasonable discount on Porsche vs BMW.

Good luck on that P-Car Lease too.
Appreciate 2
      11-23-2015, 10:21 AM   #42
JustChris
General
JustChris's Avatar
No_Country
17470
Rep
25,105
Posts

Drives: Tesla MYRWD
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

I will say that I personally find the Macan nice to look at.

However for engine performance and cost price and support pricing the X4 wins hands down.
__________________
My car made front page of Bimmerpost
Appreciate 1
      11-24-2015, 10:24 AM   #43
vstM3
First Lieutenant
vstM3's Avatar
84
Rep
382
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80 M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA---Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Does the HUD offer the M HUD mode? Anybody know or read anywhere?
__________________
Current: 2015 BMW F80 M3
Retired: 2012 BMW 335is
Other: 2014 Mini Cooper
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 05:27 AM   #44
SANK_CH
Captain
SANK_CH's Avatar
Switzerland
313
Rep
788
Posts

Drives: A Number 4
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

No it won't have M HUD. Like the X5/X6 m50d which don't have the M HUD. But it would have been nice to have an M HUD, or something between the M and the std one.

December 1st, the m40i production line should start anytime from now. So by end of January we will have the first drive reviews from medias.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST