BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-27-2023, 03:50 PM   #1
bimmerang2
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Arrow Front thrust arm bushings

I bought the front thrust arm bushings for my 2012 X3, and thought that anyone would be able to install easily, but none of the mechanics I called is willing to do it, they want to replace the whole arm as that is easier for them.

Is anyone able to refer me to a mechanic or DIYer around GTA area (preferably Oakville / Milton), who could do it for me? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 10:42 AM   #2
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

This is the ultimate in mechanics just being parts replacers. They are probably telling you that they don't even own a press anymore to do the bushings. You can buy a press tool for less than $100 if you DIY. The problem is that they are correct that it's easier. The other problem is that whole arms are not that expensive if you don't pay extra for BMW-branded ones. Lemforder makes them for BMW, and ones with the Lemforder stamp often cost half as much. The amount they could charge you to take the time to press out the old bushing and press in a new one could make up much of your price savings. Just a bushing is a big DIY price savings, but that probably diminishes if you are paying for it to be done.

Last edited by Opie55; 03-29-2023 at 06:27 PM..
Appreciate 1
Wgosma806.00
      03-29-2023, 11:34 PM   #3
pole1980
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 & BMW X1 F48

I am actually doing this next week, replacing thrust arm bushings and front shock absorbers. As long as they come as OEM parts, it's unacceptable for them not to replace them.
Appreciate 0