BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-03-2024, 07:56 PM   #23
04detroitls
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 x3m

Garage List
  [0.00]
2024 BMW X3MC  [0.00]
2021 BMW X3M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21X3M40 View Post
I agree, regarding shopping around or finding a 1 owner low mileage.
The only issue I see w this is that interest rates suck rn, historically used car rates are worse than new car rates (5% apr on new x3m rn). So be sure to shop lenders as well as cars. Credit Unions usually offer good rates, and most will only require a small deposit to "join" which could save you big in the long run
Appreciate 2
      03-03-2024, 08:01 PM   #24
pdotc84
Rep
Drives: x4m

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBrand View Post
I've checked auto trader and not sure if something wrong with their search engine but I haven't seen squat on their in weeks?
I switched to Cargurus for that very reason.
Appreciate 2
LuckyBrand1360.50
95wildtt844.50
      03-03-2024, 08:14 PM   #25
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04detroitls View Post
The only issue I see w this is that interest rates suck rn, historically used car rates are worse than new car rates (5% apr on new x3m rn). So be sure to shop lenders as well as cars. Credit Unions usually offer good rates, and most will only require a small deposit to "join" which could save you big in the long run
Yeah interest rates make a huge difference. BMW rates are higher than say like Ford offering like .9 to 1.9 on trucks so buying new might make more sense than used. BMW offering in the 5s on new might not be as sure a deal. Like you said. Have to shop around and look at total costs.
      03-04-2024, 08:19 AM   #26
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestimp View Post
Tell him to register with www.id.me for the veteran discount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Lou View Post
No - I got entire discount. But you have to get the discount code as others have said and you have to clear it through your dealer to limit their shenanigans.

Money comes from BMW USA - it does not hurt the dealer, but I had multiple dealers hassle me over it. My M4 - I had a discount code, dealer said only good if you finance (lie).

My x3mc - guy at Gwinnet Atlanta was much better. Got the full thing. 3k is 3k - it counts.
Thanks guys for the advice on the military stuff. That's why I love these forums because we all try to help each other out. With a little help from my dad with a couple of bits of information I was able to apply without him needing to apply and away we go! Pretty easy actually.

The only thing that is caveat though is and I have to talk with my dealer for absolute sure is if you use BMW finance you don't get the full amount and it drops down to only $500. You also it appears can't use loyalty with it either. You can use a supplier discount with it if you finance through someone else so I may have to do that but man I've been looking around local and the interest rates are crazy. I'm not a member of Navy Federal but I may apply as their rates are pretty good so I guess it's just a matter of stacking and interest rates if it's better to just stay with BMW finance or bring your own. I will have to run the numbers both ways.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 08:55 AM   #27
stoked335d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Garage List
2002 Mspec Nur  [10.00]
Also don’t get screwed by the finance guy trying to upsell stuff.

Ran into a small group of Corvette guys tailgating in a parking lot yesterday and heard their conversation. One of them said I told the sales manager if you make me step into fucking finance guy’s office the deal off. I will just sign the papers online or with you and drop the check but I am not dealing with that effing guy!

It was very hilarious.

In my experience 2 years ago the finance guy tried to upsell be everything from extended warranty to wheel/tire pkg, dent removal and whole bunch of other crap I can’t remember. He said only $250 per month for 5 years. Did a simple math and told him you realize it adds up to 15 grand. He was silent. And this is a guy I met few months before when I ordered my car and gave him my Indy shop contact because he was bitching to me that the dealership he works at doesn’t give him a good discount on his E46 M3 brakes and other service!
2014 S4 APR stg1 444hp retired
2010 335d; 2004 WRX wagon; 1994 300ZX -retired
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2024, 09:09 AM   #28
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoked335d View Post
Also don’t get screwed by the finance guy trying to upsell stuff.

Ran into a small group of Corvette guys tailgating in a parking lot yesterday and heard their conversation. One of them said I told the sales manager if you make me step into fucking finance guy’s office the deal off. I will just sign the papers online or with you and drop the check but I am not dealing with that effing guy!

It was very hilarious.

In my experience 2 years ago the finance guy tried to upsell be everything from extended warranty to wheel/tire pkg, dent removal and whole bunch of other crap I can’t remember. He said only $250 per month for 5 years. Did a simple math and told him you realize it adds up to 15 grand. He was silent. And this is a guy I met few months before when I ordered my car and gave him my Indy shop contact because he was bitching to me that the dealership he works at doesn’t give him a good discount on his E46 M3 brakes and other service!
Yep. Sound advice buddy. I never take any of the stuff dealers offer. I just want my car lol. They make alot of money off that crap.
      03-04-2024, 10:39 AM   #29
Potatohead-M2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3MC

The finance office is the worst part of buying a new car, and it's not close. I'd pay an extra $500 just to not have to deal with that rigmarole.
Appreciate 2
      03-04-2024, 10:45 AM   #30
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatohead-M2 View Post
The finance office is the worst part of buying a new car, and it's not close. I'd pay an extra $500 just to not have to deal with that rigmarole.
Lol! That's funny! I would as well.
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2024, 11:48 AM   #31
Th3Walrus
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC Alpine White/Sahkir

Yup, finance guy tried to sell me on tinting the two front windows for $700.
Appreciate 2