BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Yesterday, 09:46 AM   #1
camaromustang
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x3 m sport 20d

yellow drls for my bmw x3 20d m sport

hi there, i want to get CSL yellow drls for my bmw x3 20d m sport 2019 however i can't seem to find any anwhere. the closest one i found is for a x3m 2019 i presume because the lights are shaped diffrent. Is it possible to buy the x3m one and do a full light conversion or is there any other way becuase i have been looking for it for quite a while and cant seem to find anything at all. Thanks

p.s And also i want to want to make my car faster which right now also has 190hp what should i do? im already adding a bodykit also so thats why i think the drls would look nice
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:39 PM   #2
fdpxfunix
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive 30d M Sport

Power is an easy one. Tuning box or get it remapped. Unless you’re willing to get serious with exhaust and engine mods, a map is the best way to go. Googling will show you all sorts, but checkout Darkside Developments who seem to know what they’re doing with Diesel engines and have plenty of info… and videos on YT. Obviously you might mess with a warranty (if you have one) when remapping, and there’s the extra cost of declaring it to your insurers.

As for yellow DRLs… no idea. There’s a few users on here in the US who have done the conversion, but (I think) it’s only on the adaptive LED headlights or similar. From posts I’ve seen it looks a little tricky and not an ‘off the shelf’ thing, but I maybe wrong. Although it would appear it’s not illegal to have yellow DRLs in the Uk, you may get a ‘minor’ on your next MOT, and I bet at some point the Police will stop you for a chat.

J.
2007 - Vauxhall Corsa CDTi
2004 - Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:18 PM   #3
Keefy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40d LCI

Garage List
I’d go with Darkside Developments over the tuning box, as the custom tune will be better and safer. They also have a great reputation within the diesel tuning community!

They’d also be better placed to offer you additional advice for future tuning and or modifications.
Modifications - AutoID Front Splitter. DTUK Pedalbox Plus. Gloss Black M Badges. 3d Maxpider Kuga Floor Matts & Cargo liner. BMW M-Performance Flow Through Spoiler. Mid-Trunk Spoiler. 15mm Spacers all round. AP Arch Guards. X3M Side Vents. 699M Wheels Gloss Black
Appreciate 0