BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-13-2019, 08:05 AM   #45
Bmock17
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmock17 View Post
Quote:
IND order has been placed!
Did you confirm with them that they have the boomerangs in stock? I have been there a couple of times in the last few weeks and last time I asked about them they said they weren't going to get them. They told me I would be better off buying them and bringing them there and they would paint them. Just wondering if something has changed? I have their painted front and rear reflectors, painted m40i badge, and the grill. All the pieces are flawless and you will love them.
Yikes, that's not good about the boomerangs. He told me he just had to go pull them from the paint area and all should be good to ship shortly. Guess I'll find out in the next day or so if they end up shipping everything out or not. I'll be kind of pissed if they are listing them on the site and yet don't truly have them. I don't have the option of being them over to get painted since I'm in AZ.
That's just what they told me a few weeks ago. Hopefully the have them in stock now. I didn't mean to scare you. If they told you they had them then they probably do.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 09:02 AM   #46
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did you confirm with them that they have the boomerangs in stock? I have been there a couple of times in the last few weeks and last time I asked about them they said they weren't going to get them. They told me I would be better off buying them and bringing them there and they would paint them. Just wondering if something has changed? I have their painted front and rear reflectors, painted m40i badge, and the grill. All the pieces are flawless and you will love them.
Yikes, that's not good about the boomerangs. He told me he just had to go pull them from the paint area and all should be good to ship shortly. Guess I'll find out in the next day or so if they end up shipping everything out or not. I'll be kind of pissed if they are listing them on the site and yet don't truly have them. I don't have the option of being them over to get painted since I'm in AZ.
That's just what they told me a few weeks ago. Hopefully the have them in stock now. I didn't mean to scare you. If they told you they had them then they probably do.
Hopefully I'll get a shipping confirmation today or tomorrow.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 10:22 AM   #47
Bmock17
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Let me know if you do, and if they do have them in stock. I have the same color as you and have the black grill and painted front and rear reflectors and the black m40i badge. It looks great.
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0018923.00
      02-13-2019, 10:27 AM   #48
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Let me know if you do, and if they do have them in stock. I have the same color as you and have the black grill and painted front and rear reflectors and the black m40i badge. It looks great.
Will do!

Were the reflectors hard to do? I saw the install video for the front ones and it looks straight forward but just a bit tedious. IND told me the rear reflectors just pop off once you open the tail gate. Curious to hear how easy they actually come off.

Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 10:37 AM   #49
Bmock17
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Will do!

Were the reflectors hard to do? I saw the install video for the front ones and it looks straight forward but just a bit tedious. IND told me the rear reflectors just pop off once you open the tail gate. Curious to hear how easy they actually come off.
The rears are a piece of cake and no need to lift the tailgate to remove them. Put some painters tape around the bumper where the reflectors snap in. Pop out the old ones with some kind of plastic trim tool and the new pieces snap in. It literally takes 2 minutes. The fronts are a different story. It's not hard at all but it does take some time. The biggest pain is getting the old adhesive off after you remove the stock reflectors. I didn't lift my car at all; just turned the wheels all the way in the opposite direction and I had plenty of room. Make sure you get a river gun that works with plastic rivers to put the fender and wheel trim back on. It's not hard at all, it just takes a little time.
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0018923.00
      02-13-2019, 10:48 AM   #50
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Will do!

The rears are a piece of cake and no need to lift the tailgate to remove them. Put some painters tape around the bumper where the reflectors snap in. Pop out the old ones with some kind of plastic trim tool and the new pieces snap in. It literally takes 2 minutes. The fronts are a different story. It's not hard at all but it does take some time. The biggest pain is getting the old adhesive off after you remove the stock reflectors. I didn't lift my car at all; just turned the wheels all the way in the opposite direction and I had plenty of room. Make sure you get a river gun that works with plastic rivers to put the fender and wheel trim back on. It's not hard at all, it just takes a little time.
Thanks!

Do you have a rivet gun you recommend? Was looking on Amazon and there are a ton to choose from.

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 10:57 AM   #51
Bmock17
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Will do!

Thanks!

Do you have a rivet gun you recommend? Was looking on Amazon and there are a ton to choose from.
This is the one I bought. It was cheap and worked great.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 11:33 AM   #52
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Will do!

Thanks!

Thanks. Ordered one just like it but it also came with a rivet removal tool. 👍🏻

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 11:48 AM   #53
Bmock17
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Will do!

Thanks!

Thanks. Ordered one just like it but it also came with a rivet removal tool. 👍🏻
No worries at all! Glad I could help.
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0018923.00
      02-15-2019, 09:53 AM   #54
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Had some rain yesterday so I snapped a quick photo. Of course now the X3 really needs to get washed!

Rainy Roundel by Adam, on Flickr
Appreciate 5
      02-15-2019, 06:18 PM   #55
HollyM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i - on order!

Now that is a simple, yet totally awesome, photo! Nice job.
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0018923.00
      02-15-2019, 10:16 PM   #56
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyM View Post
Now that is a simple, yet totally awesome, photo! Nice job.
Thanks!

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 08:25 AM   #57
psuibmw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G06/G20/F30/F15/F10/E90

Garage List
2018 BMW 320xi  [10.00]
2023 BMW M340  [9.75]
2022 BMW  [10.00]
Your car look amazing GS is a very good color and it suits the X3 very well
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0018923.00
      02-16-2019, 10:05 AM   #58
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by psuibmw View Post
Your car look amazing GS is a very good color and it suits the X3 very well
Thanks! I agree, I like GS on the X3 way more than I thought I would.

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 06:16 PM   #59
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Woohoo!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 09:18 AM   #60
ClaretFozzy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d

The pictures of this car sealed the deal for me and when I finally saw one in the flesh...

Glacier Silver ordered!
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0018923.00
      04-26-2019, 09:40 AM   #61
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaretFozzy View Post
The pictures of this car sealed the deal for me and when I finally saw one in the flesh...

Glacier Silver ordered!
Congrats on the order! Post pics once it arrives.

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 10:05 AM   #62
lo_cheng
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

which center console tray you go with? I saw there are many version of it.
Does it fit well?

Can you share a picture ?
Thanks
      04-26-2019, 11:59 AM   #63
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lo_cheng View Post
which center console tray you go with? I saw there are many version of it.
Does it fit well?

Can you share a picture ?
Thanks
I got this one. Fits perfectly.

R RUIYA Armrest Box for X3 G01... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DNYPBLD...p_mob_ap_share

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 11:37 PM   #64
rkx3m40i
Private First Class
Rep

Yours looks amazing, I just bought a black m40i and I’m thinking about swapping out the grille and mirror caps and maybe the other cerium gray items with gloss black ones. I might have a few questions for you. I also live in Phoenix. Did you ever gets coded? What about window tint?
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0018923.00
      05-23-2019, 07:15 AM   #65
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkx3m40i View Post
Yours looks amazing, I just bought a black m40i and I’m thinking about swapping out the grille and mirror caps and maybe the other cerium gray items with gloss black ones. I might have a few questions for you. I also live in Phoenix. Did you ever gets coded? What about window tint?
Thanks! Congrats on your new M40i.

I've done a few things with BimmerCode so far. No additional tinting yet.

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 11:34 PM   #66
rkx3m40i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkx3m40i View Post
Yours looks amazing, I just bought a black m40i and I'm thinking about swapping out the grille and mirror caps and maybe the other cerium gray items with gloss black ones. I might have a few questions for you. I also live in Phoenix. Did you ever gets coded? What about window tint?
Thanks! Congrats on your new M40i.

I've done a few things with BimmerCode so far. No additional tinting yet.
Can you fix the ASS feature so it stay off with bimmercode?
Appreciate 0