BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-14-2019, 02:55 PM   #1
Jusdande
Rep
Drives: 2019 X4 M40i

Garage List
Adaptive Cruise and Lane Steering

I have a new 2019 X4 M40i with all options. I wanted the adaptive cruise and lane steering to take the stress out of highway and city driving. So far I'm not to pleased with these functions.

The adaptive cruise works pretty well except when it comes to a stop in traffic and has to wait for traffic to start again and it doesn't take off without me hitting resume. I thought it was to stop/start automatically?

I am having the following issues with the lane steering 1) it seems to wonder a bit in the lane coming too close at times to cars beside me, 2) it drops steering for unknown reason when lane markings are clear, and 3) drops when going through intersections.

Is this normal or are there adjustments that need to be made?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 07:53 PM   #2
djrobx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X4 m40i Flamenco Red

Needing to press resume is normal (my old X4 was like that too). I'm still learning how the lane keep assist works but I don't think it's intended to be used driving through intersections. I know it can either follow the car in front of you or use lane lines.

I think there are some complicated rules about what will work in what scenario. Kind of like the park assist, trying to use the feature is so complicated it's easier to just drive it like a normal car.
Appreciate 0