BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-16-2019, 09:53 AM   #1343
RazorX3
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 LCI + BMW G01 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorX3 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Is it possible to code Carplay in an X3 without ConnectedDrive but has 609 Navigation Professional and Enhanced Bluetooth?
It's not coded, you need an FSC code for it, and a wifi antenna if your car doesn't have wifi hotspot.
But I heard that 2019 production X3 cannot accept USB fsc codes, is it true?
I haven't heard anything about that.

You'd need to find a decent BMW retrofitter, I know a great one in the UK but it looks like that won't be much help to you.
How about the FSC codes sold online (bimmerunlock.com or others), should I give them a go? trustworthy?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 11:11 AM   #1344
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Is it possible to code Carplay in an X3 without ConnectedDrive but has 609 Navigation Professional and Enhanced Bluetooth?
It's not coded, you need an FSC code for it, and a wifi antenna if your car doesn't have wifi hotspot.
But I heard that 2019 production X3 cannot accept USB fsc codes, is it true?
I haven't heard anything about that.

You'd need to find a decent BMW retrofitter, I know a great one in the UK but it looks like that won't be much help to you.
How about the FSC codes sold online (bimmerunlock.com or others), should I give them a go? trustworthy?
I've never tried them, but I suppose if you buy one from eBay you're completely covered if it doesn't work.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 03:32 PM   #1345
Jeepersjoey
Stay Tuned!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 m40i

I will hazard a guess that this is linked to iDrive 7, not the iDrive6 that is in my 2018 X3.

That newer model also gets a phone app that allows you to unlock your car with the NFW (something like that...same thing used for ApplePay & printing by touching your phone to a printer).

Now THAT is something I want. I would LOVE to be able to leave my key at home since it is the ONLY key I carry with me. And, it is HUGE!

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPichardo View Post
Are you saying that this works?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 02:38 PM   #1346
TX3M
Car guy
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobz View Post
With Bimmercode... make 2 changes.
This should make it long press for open and close

Tailgate function remote control
The tailgate function that is triggered when the button on the remote is pressed.

Values:

Open
Open and close

Set to [open and close]

Close tailgate with the remote control without long press
Enable/disable closing the tailgate without a long press of the button on the remote control.

Values:

Active
Not active

Set to [Not active]
I did this yesterday and it worked. Thanks for the tip!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 11:40 PM   #1347
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

BimmerCode app (iOS) has just been updated.

- additional coding options for G series cars.
- bug fixes and stability improvements.

Ver 2.2

Not sure what options we now get. So many in the first place.
deladude266.00
      05-24-2019, 03:35 AM   #1348
LimiX4m40
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw x4m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonhead View Post

Ver 2.2

Knows someone whats new for the g01/02? I didnt found somerhing new :
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 05:59 AM   #1349
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimiX4m40 View Post
Quote:

Ver 2.2

Quote:

Ver 2.2

I think the reversing camera options in ACSM are new, I haven't seen them before
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 07:34 AM   #1350
LimiX4m40
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw x4m40i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimiX4m40 View Post
Quote:

Ver 2.2

Quote:

Ver 2.2

I think the reversing camera options in ACSM are new, I haven't seen them before
Ok thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 09:36 PM   #1351
Jeepersjoey
Stay Tuned!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 m40i

Extra Driving Modes!

I am working on going through all the Bimmercode parameters in Expert mode. I found an interesting one!

I am not sure what is gained other than another few settings. Make the change and report back on whether you see anything!

Disclaimer: I have a 2018 M40i (G01), Bimmercode for iPad, UniCarScan, full digital dash, and do NOT have Adaptive Mode. Make these changes at your own risk. I made all the changes at once so that I can completely revert if needed.

1. Go to Body Domain Controller (BDC)
2. Click on Expert
3. Accept the warning that you”agree” to be careful
4. Scroll to 3221 PfFesMaster and click
5. Scroll to the 5 blocks of 3 sets of parameters that are shown here, make the changes, and then “CODE”

SportMode0, 1, & 2
a. SportMode0 – Is SportDynamic. Verify and leave
b. SportMode1 – Is SportExpert. Verify and leave.
c. SportMode2 – Is SportIndividual. Verify and leave.

ComfortMode0, 1, & 2
a. ComfortMode0 – Is Comfort. Verify and leave.
b. ComfortMode1 – Is NotComfortPlus. Change to ComfortPlus
c. ComfortMode2 – Is NotComfortIndividual. Change to ComfortIndividual

ECOMode0, 1, & 2
a. ECOMode0 – Is ECOProEfficient. Verify and leave.
b. ECOMode1 – Is NotECOProPlus. Change to ECOProPlus
c. ECOMode2 – Is ECOProIndividual. Verify and leave.

AdaptiveMode0, 1, & 2 (Note: I do not have adaptive so yours might be different. Report back!)
a. AdaptiveMode0 – Is NotAdaptive. Change to Adaptive
b. AdaptiveMode1 – Is NotAktiv. Update or leave?
c. AdaptiveMode2 – Is NotAktiv. Update or leave?

OffRoadMode0, 1, 2, & 3
a. OffRoadMode0 – Is NotOffRoadIce. Change to OffRoadIce
b. OffRodeMode1 – Is NotOffRoadSmooth. Change to OffRoadSmooth
c. OffRoadMode2 – Is NotOffRoadGrip. Change to OffRoadGrip
d. OffRoadMode3 – Is NotOffRoadRough. Change to OffRoadRough

Changes:
1. In the Popup Screen – No additional items were added when you select the mode. Weird. I would have expected to see “ComfortPlus”, “ComfortIndividual”, “ECOProPlus”, and something with the OffRoadMode parameter changes.

2. In the dashboard: (note I have full digital)
2a. Sport = No Change. I have Sport, Sport Plus, and Sport Individual.
2b. Comfort = Addition of a Blank option. Just like before, I have “Comfort”. But now I have a “Comfort Plus” and a “blank”. “Comfort Plus” shows on the dash but the “blank” leaves that area blank. Perhaps this “Comfort Plus” changes one of the parameters (Steering, Engine, Transmission) but I cannot tell. Perhaps one of you can?
2c. ECO = Addition of a Blank option. Just like before, I have “ECO” & “ECO Individual”. But, now I also have an option with no dash text where “ECO” is displayed on the other two settings. Also, when I choose this setting, the speedo shifts the blue highlighted area to 50 mph rather than 80 mph. When in this setting, when you hit 50 mph, the speedo opens to 160 mph like in ECO Individual. It then changes back to the 50 mph speedo when you drop to 47 mph. Maybe this is just a visual to help you keep the car under 50 mph? See the pic at the end...weird, eh?
2d. Adaptive – No change. I do not have Adaptive so was not expecting much. See my note below on my theory that this + a switch that works may give me an Adaptive mode. Eh, a guy can dream right?
2e. OffRoad – Drat. I saw no changes because of the OffRoad parameter changes. I will be leaving to see if anything surfaces. I tried the DSP button and did not see any additional options. Again, perhaps one of you can find this Easter Egg?

I am not sure that any of them really do anything noticeable other the “blank” ECO switching the speedo from 80 mph (or 160 mph depending on your setting) to 50 mph.

I guess a benefit is if you want a cleaner dash, you can choose one of the blank options?

I am also VERY curious if all 2018 X3 M40I have the adaptive parts installed and the button & programing are simply not turned on. If you DON’T have Adaptive, notice that the button is there and can be pushed. This leads me to believe that it may actually be possible to turn on adaptive after making these parameter changes and either swapping the switch, or doing something to the plug (if one exists) under the center console. WHO WANTS TO PULL THEIR CENTER CONSOLE AND PROVE ME RIGHT/WRONG???

Please?

I will keep poking around in expert mode to see what else I can find. This is my second discovery (first was the fog lights on with HIGH beams). Enjoy!

Paul
Attached Images

Last edited by Jeepersjoey; 05-25-2019 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: Add a comma!
Appreciate 4
M5ZRH122.00
weez271.50
Rhidium273.50
      05-25-2019, 07:52 PM   #1352
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepersjoey View Post

I am also VERY curious if all 2018 X3 M40I have the adaptive parts installed and the button & programing are simply not turned on. If you DON’T have Adaptive, notice that the button is there and can be pushed. This leads me to believe that it may actually be possible to turn on adaptive after making these parameter changes and either swapping the switch, or doing something to the plug (if one exists) under the center console. WHO WANTS TO PULL THEIR CENTER CONSOLE AND PROVE ME RIGHT/WRONG???

Paul
Adaptive option has different shock dampers than non adaptive. But it was a nice thought.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 04:16 AM   #1353
Lanthanides
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Hi All,

I have coded the Alpina dash, but unfortunately, the M40i logo in the center of the instrument cluster disapears with this coding.
Is there a way using Bimmercode to add a "M40i" or at least a "M" logo when using the Alpina dash ?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 05:11 PM   #1354
jason724
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

I've coded some basic things such as:
Mirror dip 70%
Safety Warning Removal
Volume pop up disable

But recently this weekend, I got a Chasis warning and it mentioned something about steering and control issues? I quickly pulled over and turned the car off and on, and it never came back. A few days before this I got an error regarding my driver side knee airbag short, but I think it was because I left my OBD adapter plugged in.

I'm taking my car into the dealer to have then check what was going on with the Chasis warning, should I reset all of the settings I changed with Bimmercode? Do you think those had an impact as to the issues I saw this weekend?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 05:26 PM   #1355
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanthanides View Post
Hi All,

I have coded the Alpina dash, but unfortunately, the M40i logo in the center of the instrument cluster disapears with this coding.
Is there a way using Bimmercode to add a "M40i" or at least a "M" logo when using the Alpina dash ?
I doubt it, Alpina don’t make an M40i or any M cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 03:11 AM   #1356
chris88
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x3 f25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepersjoey View Post
I am working on going through all the Bimmercode parameters in Expert mode. I found an interesting one!

I am not sure what is gained other than another few settings. Make the change and report back on whether you see anything!

Disclaimer: I have a 2018 M40i (G01), Bimmercode for iPad, UniCarScan, full digital dash, and do NOT have Adaptive Mode. Make these changes at your own risk. I made all the changes at once so that I can completely revert if needed.

1. Go to Body Domain Controller (BDC)
2. Click on Expert
3. Accept the warning that you”agree” to be careful
4. Scroll to 3221 PfFesMaster and click
5. Scroll to the 5 blocks of 3 sets of parameters that are shown here, make the changes, and then “CODE”

SportMode0, 1, & 2
a. SportMode0 – Is SportDynamic. Verify and leave
b. SportMode1 – Is SportExpert. Verify and leave.
c. SportMode2 – Is SportIndividual. Verify and leave.

ComfortMode0, 1, & 2
a. ComfortMode0 – Is Comfort. Verify and leave.
b. ComfortMode1 – Is NotComfortPlus. Change to ComfortPlus
c. ComfortMode2 – Is NotComfortIndividual. Change to ComfortIndividual

ECOMode0, 1, & 2
a. ECOMode0 – Is ECOProEfficient. Verify and leave.
b. ECOMode1 – Is NotECOProPlus. Change to ECOProPlus
c. ECOMode2 – Is ECOProIndividual. Verify and leave.

AdaptiveMode0, 1, & 2 (Note: I do not have adaptive so yours might be different. Report back!)
a. AdaptiveMode0 – Is NotAdaptive. Change to Adaptive
b. AdaptiveMode1 – Is NotAktiv. Update or leave?
c. AdaptiveMode2 – Is NotAktiv. Update or leave?

OffRoadMode0, 1, 2, & 3
a. OffRoadMode0 – Is NotOffRoadIce. Change to OffRoadIce
b. OffRodeMode1 – Is NotOffRoadSmooth. Change to OffRoadSmooth
c. OffRoadMode2 – Is NotOffRoadGrip. Change to OffRoadGrip
d. OffRoadMode3 – Is NotOffRoadRough. Change to OffRoadRough

Changes:
1. In the Popup Screen – No additional items were added when you select the mode. Weird. I would have expected to see “ComfortPlus”, “ComfortIndividual”, “ECOProPlus”, and something with the OffRoadMode parameter changes.

2. In the dashboard: (note I have full digital)
2a. Sport = No Change. I have Sport, Sport Plus, and Sport Individual.
2b. Comfort = Addition of a Blank option. Just like before, I have “Comfort”. But now I have a “Comfort Plus” and a “blank”. “Comfort Plus” shows on the dash but the “blank” leaves that area blank. Perhaps this “Comfort Plus” changes one of the parameters (Steering, Engine, Transmission) but I cannot tell. Perhaps one of you can?
2c. ECO = Addition of a Blank option. Just like before, I have “ECO” & “ECO Individual”. But, now I also have an option with no dash text where “ECO” is displayed on the other two settings. Also, when I choose this setting, the speedo shifts the blue highlighted area to 50 mph rather than 80 mph. When in this setting, when you hit 50 mph, the speedo opens to 160 mph like in ECO Individual. It then changes back to the 50 mph speedo when you drop to 47 mph. Maybe this is just a visual to help you keep the car under 50 mph? See the pic at the end...weird, eh?
2d. Adaptive – No change. I do not have Adaptive so was not expecting much. See my note below on my theory that this + a switch that works may give me an Adaptive mode. Eh, a guy can dream right?
2e. OffRoad – Drat. I saw no changes because of the OffRoad parameter changes. I will be leaving to see if anything surfaces. I tried the DSP button and did not see any additional options. Again, perhaps one of you can find this Easter Egg?

I am not sure that any of them really do anything noticeable other the “blank” ECO switching the speedo from 80 mph (or 160 mph depending on your setting) to 50 mph.

I guess a benefit is if you want a cleaner dash, you can choose one of the blank options?

Please?

I will keep poking around in expert mode to see what else I can find. This is my second discovery (first was the fog lights on with HIGH beams). Enjoy!

Paul

You have to set severals settings in hu_nbt 3008 FES... also to aktiv.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 01:46 AM   #1357
808ron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Does anyone know if reverting back to the very first backup roll back all the coding changes or do you have to revert back in order of all the backups?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 03:17 PM   #1358
onefish2
onefish2
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Change ACC default distance from 4 to 1.

I would like to change ACC default distance from 4 to 1. Where can I make this change?

Also I saw that there was a setting in one of the ECUs in expert mode to enable the turn signals for HUD. I made the change and it did not do anything once I turned the car on. Can this be enabled? Can anything else be added to the HUD?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 03:28 PM   #1359
TX3M
Car guy
Rep

Quote:

Ver 2.2

How do I know which version of Bimmercode I have on my Iphone? When I open the app, I can't see the current version listed anywhere? Also, if I don't have the current version how do I manually update it?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 03:44 PM   #1360
onefish2
onefish2
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX3M View Post
Quote:

Ver 2.2

How do I know which version of Bimmercode I have on my Iphone? When I open the app, I can't see the current version listed anywhere? Also, if I don't have the current version how do I manually update it?
Tap the gear in the lower right corner and scroll down to see the version.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 03:56 PM   #1361
TX3M
Car guy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefish2 View Post
Tap the gear in the lower right corner and scroll down to see the version.
Can't believe I missed that. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 03:57 PM   #1362
lo_cheng
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808ron View Post
Does anyone know if reverting back to the very first backup roll back all the coding changes or do you have to revert back in order of all the backups?
I contacted Steve on this question.
Basically, each backup file you got is the backup of differ ECU BEFORE you code it. If there is a file there already, it won't create another version.
Which mean all the backup files you have on your phone is the FACTORY setting.

I copy them to my PC as well, so have a good backup of it.

Now if you want to have another set of backup for the version you coded it, i think you need to DELETE the backup files on your phone, then go read each section again. It should create a new set of backup with your coding in it.

You just have to manually track the version.
      06-07-2019, 04:50 PM   #1363
titomi
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
Quote:
I would like to change ACC default distance from 4 to 1. Where can I make this change?
On the steering wheel, man! Some were claiming, that the setting won't save, but mine does, so :
      06-07-2019, 04:54 PM   #1364
onefish2
onefish2
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by titomi View Post
Quote:
On the steering wheel, man! Some were claiming, that the setting won't save, but mine does, so :
I want to code it so it defaults to 1 not 4. And no it does not save. I have changed it quite a few times and when you use it next time it's back at 4.
Appreciate 0