BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-23-2022, 03:32 AM   #1
exanthiax
Registered
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 XDRIVE20D M Sport

Problem after LED conversion

Hi everyone, I know there are plenty of threads about LED conversions, but they're dated and not about the issue I've got.

I have a 2016 F25, which I recently traded my 116i in for.
I took my LED bulbs out of the 116i, and fitted them into this, and as expected, an error on the iDrive for dipped beam failure, it also threw up errors for the indicators, also expected, and the light subsequently flickered.

I have now done a bit of coding using a Carly device, and turned off all of the bulb voltage monitoring within the FRM module, and had a look through the 8 remaining ECUs for anything else light related.

The issue that I now have is that the bulbs still flicker, and they still throw an error, the error doesn't last, it dongs and shows it then it goes away immediately, but the occasional flicker persists. This was never an issue with the F21 116i, but only become an issue with the F25.

Anyone got any ideas why it would still do this after turning off the bulb monitoring?

Here's a link to the bulbs that I have and have had for a while: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08D8CHP...roduct_details

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 01:14 PM   #2
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Aftermarket LED details
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 03:01 AM   #3
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

I only know how to do it on ESYS. F21 has FEMBODY which is a newer module than FRM is.

You must go to the FRM module and turn off all the checks related to any incandescent bulb replaced with an LED bulb. Search google for a pdf doc that references what line targets what bulb as there are a lot of entries that reference different bulbs.

has the same problem when I upgraded my tails to LED.

Last edited by MSport_Jon; 08-02-2022 at 05:28 AM..
Appreciate 0