BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-09-2024, 11:07 AM   #1
MikesX35i
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X3 35i

So obviously, as me being on this forum indicates, I have a 2015 BMW X3 xDrive 35i (M Sport if that’s important). I also got all but 1-2 packages for the car so my car isn’t gonna be outdated for a while. I’m sure all of you can relate to how little the aftermarket support is in this “grocery getter” which has caused me to go searching everywhere for any aftermarket parts (ECS, FCP, BimmerOem, Bimmer World, etc.)

I want to do an exhaust modification to my F25 but with the support the have it’s kind of hard to. The only thing I can think off is muffler and resonator deleted and I’ve done my research on these both and in my opinion I prefer just a muffler delete. I’ve also looked at the down pipe and found a high flow catted exhaust by VRSF but it says 2011-2014 only (if I remember correctly) and as stated I have a 2015 so I’m not to sure 🤷‍♂️

I want some answers to some questions I have and if anyone can answer them, I know it’s you guys. I also really like the fact that we have a forum dedicated to BMWs 🤩

1. Is a muffler delete a good idea?(obviously will do down pipe later)

2. If any of you guys had done any exhaust modifications what are they and what are your thoughts?

3. What are some trusted brands for for your guys F25’s
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2024, 12:09 PM   #2
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
  1. Muffler delete=annoying drone (especially on the highway) If that doesn't bother you, go for it.
  2. Custom using a magnaflow or borla muffler for a deeper sound.
  3. Supersprint makes a direct fit muffler for a deeper sound.
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2024, 07:25 AM   #3
BIG_KID
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 28i

You can unplug the electrical connector for the muffler. This makes the exhaust louder
Appreciate 1