BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-20-2015, 11:43 PM   #67
Bimar
Colonel
Bimar's Avatar
798
Rep
2,599
Posts

Drives: Bmw X
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Www

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocal View Post
It's been more than 5 months since my accident and I still haven't gotten my X4 back.

Story of my life. Go &$@# yourself, BMW.
What excuse are they giving, 5 months!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 12:00 AM   #68
ElleRoE
New Member
ElleRoE's Avatar
1
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: X4 328i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: North Texas

iTrader: (0)

Like! Got a similar package. I wanted the blue but couldn't wait... Luckily the red was in stock. Took it for a long 8 hour ride from Texas to Mississippi. Love the sport car button, I was really able to clear traffic. Got it to 120 mph at one point.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 08:17 AM   #69
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
nyalpine90's Avatar
7419
Rep
11,835
Posts

Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: L.I. NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
check this website getbmwparts.com see if this helps if you can find the parts.

any updates
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 08:36 AM   #70
Scandic24
Second Lieutenant
Scandic24's Avatar
Sweden
45
Rep
271
Posts

Drives: X4 30d MSport
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
check this website getbmwparts.com see if this helps if you can find the parts.

any updates
Also check:
http://www.etk.cc/bmw/EN/search/sele...W+X4+28iX/USA/
When you click "Buy now" they re-direct you to fcpeuro in Milfort, CT. They seem quite well stocked.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 09:39 AM   #71
Yocal
Private First Class
21
Rep
146
Posts

Drives: 2015 X4 28i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
We are waiting on the headliner for your vehicle and one more wheel. I have put two phone calls into JMK BMW to get an estimated arrival date. They have not gotten back to me on an arrival date yet.
Body shop is purchasing the parts through JMK BMW dealership.

Thanks for the links, nyalpine90 and Scandic24.

Here's a link to the headliner: http://www.etk.cc/bmw/EN/search/sele...SA/51/51_9662/

Specifically this part, "black" (anthracite) headliner for X4 M Sport model:
http://www.etk.cc/bmw/EN/parts/info/...g/51437409363/
"Part is not on stock, will be produced only on customer order, expect longer delivery time (NoS)."
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 10:02 AM   #72
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
nyalpine90's Avatar
7419
Rep
11,835
Posts

Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: L.I. NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
my intentions of trading in x3 2012 for x4 but i couldnt stretch my budget..same color as yours red with ivory white interior.. I decided to go for new gen X3 msport


hopefully everything works out for you with parts....waiting is worst part
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 09:16 AM   #73
Yocal
Private First Class
21
Rep
146
Posts

Drives: 2015 X4 28i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Got my baby back a couple weeks ago. Total repair time was 6 months and 1 week. BMW took as long as 4 months to deliver some parts.

Here she is after a nice warm bubble bath yesterday:

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 10:20 AM   #74
Scandic24
Second Lieutenant
Scandic24's Avatar
Sweden
45
Rep
271
Posts

Drives: X4 30d MSport
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Congrats, Yocal!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 11:01 AM   #75
Rizz
X4 Driver
United_States
4
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: BMW X4 Black Sapphire Msport
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocal View Post
Got my baby back a couple weeks ago. Total repair time was 6 months and 1 week. BMW took as long as 4 months to deliver some parts.

Here she is after a nice warm bubble bath yesterday:

That is crazy to have taken so long!
Welcome back - she looks great!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #76
Jypsie
Second Lieutenant
Jypsie's Avatar
Belgium
44
Rep
260
Posts

Drives: X4 M40i Carbon Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Enjoy her! And I am sure you will be very careful now!

All the best! I could never have survived those 6 months, would have freaked out....
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 12:15 AM   #77
Bimar
Colonel
Bimar's Avatar
798
Rep
2,599
Posts

Drives: Bmw X
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Www

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocal View Post
Got my baby back a couple weeks ago. Total repair time was 6 months and 1 week. BMW took as long as 4 months to deliver some parts.

Here she is after a nice warm bubble bath yesterday:

Finally and congrats, she looks good, hope you have the heart to enjoy it after the long frustration.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 02:37 AM   #78
coolesnce
Private
11
Rep
78
Posts

Drives: 2015 X4 3.0 M-line Maxed out
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Congrats Yocal!

Got mine back after 3 weeks to replace a module that wasn't powering off correctly and draining the battery.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 09:35 AM   #79
Sarsippius3rd
Private First Class
Sarsippius3rd's Avatar
13
Rep
113
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW X4 28i
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Naples, Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocal View Post
Got my baby back a couple weeks ago. Total repair time was 6 months and 1 week. BMW took as long as 4 months to deliver some parts.

Here she is after a nice warm bubble bath yesterday:

Congrats! About time!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 01:28 AM   #80
coolesnce
Private
11
Rep
78
Posts

Drives: 2015 X4 3.0 M-line Maxed out
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Heres a pic of My X4 M after getting it back from the dealer after 3 weeks of being out of commission while waiting for the a module to be replaced. Driving a base 325i loaner for 3 weeks was way no bueno. Glad to have her back!
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 07:38 PM   #81
BavariaExclusive
Second Lieutenant
United_States
52
Rep
293
Posts

Drives: a Spaceship
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mars

iTrader: (0)

What are the monthly payment on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocal View Post
Here's what I'm waiting for: BYO

...
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 07:44 PM   #82
Yocal
Private First Class
21
Rep
146
Posts

Drives: 2015 X4 28i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

BavariaExclusive: I wrote a check for 75% of the purchase price on the day I picked it up and am paying off the remaining 25% over 2 years (BMWFS). You do the math.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 12:45 PM   #83
Portimao318
First Lieutenant
Portimao318's Avatar
61
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: BMW 318i Touring MSport
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Europe-NL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocal View Post
BavariaExclusive: I wrote a check for 75% of the purchase price on the day I picked it up and am paying off the remaining 25% over 2 years (BMWFS). You do the math.
Yocal, your X4 looks really great ! I love melbourne red. I just got mine X3 delivered last friday. But I am wondering how to keep the car clean, and to keep it without little scratches in the red paint.
Do you ever have it washed in a Carwash with brushes ? Or is that a no go ?

Here is mine (I know, it's no X4....).

__________________
2022 318i Touring MSport Portimao blue
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 04:07 PM   #84
Jypsie
Second Lieutenant
Jypsie's Avatar
Belgium
44
Rep
260
Posts

Drives: X4 M40i Carbon Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Melbourne red or carbon black: I would avoid mechanical washing .... High pressure water hose, your hands and good products washing, that does it for me.....

If you google around you'll find some proper guidelines on what to do or not.....
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 07:34 PM   #85
Yocal
Private First Class
21
Rep
146
Posts

Drives: 2015 X4 28i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

lol Endre2, I've ended up scratching the paint job each time I've washed the car. At this rate, I'm gonna have to get it re-sprayed in a couple years.

I put a little too much muscle trying to remove stuck-on tar with my microfiber washing mitt the first time around, leaving swirl marks. The second time I thought I would just gently remove tar using my fingernails, but again ended up scratching (what I hope is only) the clear coat. Now I've purchased some BMW Tar Remover and will give that a try next time.

I would honestly love to get the whole car covered in a clear bra, but it's prohibitively expensive and doesn't seem to last long enough.

Assuming you're not having much luck either with the Melbourne Red?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 08:33 PM   #86
BavariaExclusive
Second Lieutenant
United_States
52
Rep
293
Posts

Drives: a Spaceship
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mars

iTrader: (0)

Alright cool guy. I guess that question didn't apply to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocal View Post
BavariaExclusive: I wrote a check for 75% of the purchase price on the day I picked it up and am paying off the remaining 25% over 2 years (BMWFS). You do the math.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2015, 07:33 AM   #87
Sarsippius3rd
Private First Class
Sarsippius3rd's Avatar
13
Rep
113
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW X4 28i
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Naples, Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocal View Post
lol Endre2, I've ended up scratching the paint job each time I've washed the car. At this rate, I'm gonna have to get it re-sprayed in a couple years.

I put a little too much muscle trying to remove stuck-on tar with my microfiber washing mitt the first time around, leaving swirl marks. The second time I thought I would just gently remove tar using my fingernails, but again ended up scratching (what I hope is only) the clear coat. Now I've purchased some BMW Tar Remover and will give that a try next time.

I would honestly love to get the whole car covered in a clear bra, but it's prohibitively expensive and doesn't seem to last long enough.

Assuming you're not having much luck either with the Melbourne Red?
On the 2nd day I had my x4 home, my 2 boys (4 and 2) decided to creat some new artwork for daddy's new car's passenger door. only they used a rock for a crayon and the nice red paint job for their paper. dealer was able to buff out most of the marks but 3 scratches were too deep. will have it painted sometime in the future. Swirl markd do not bother me anymore.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2015, 08:22 AM   #88
Portimao318
First Lieutenant
Portimao318's Avatar
61
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: BMW 318i Touring MSport
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Europe-NL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarsippius3rd View Post
On the 2nd day I had my x4 home, my 2 boys (4 and 2) decided to creat some new artwork for daddy's new car's passenger door. only they used a rock for a crayon and the nice red paint job for their paper. dealer was able to buff out most of the marks but 3 scratches were too deep. will have it painted sometime in the future. Swirl markd do not bother me anymore.
Wow, I bet daddy was a bit pissed at his offspring that day.....
__________________
2022 318i Touring MSport Portimao blue
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2014 bmw x4, 2014 x4, 2015 bmw x4, 2015 x4, bmw f26, bmw f26 x4, bmw x4, bmw x4 concept, bmw x4 f26, bmw x4 forum, bmw x4 forums, bmw x4 m, bmw x4 m forum, bmw x4 m news, bmw x4 m rumors, bmw x4 news, bmw x4 sav, bmw x4 suv, bmw x4m, bmw x4m forum, f26 bmw, f26 x4, x4 concept, x4 f26, x4 forum, x4 forums, x4 m forums, x4 news, x4m forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST